The main problem is that there may be bacteria on the toy - which could introduce infection into the vagina, so make sure it's 100% clean.
Welcome to my third weekly sex blog round up.
Read on to learn about the town of Upminister, how orgasms will ruin the careers of doctors and much, much more…
- The Lovehoney Sex Map has arrived! However, I must admit that I'd never heard of Upminster (should I have?) before the Sex Map told me it was the UK's sexiest town, so I decided to do a little research in to what makes the people of Upminister so damn horny. I began to explore the Upminster Community Website to see what I could find out about this saucy town. Shops? Well, only if you need a hearing aid. Pubs? Yes, including the aptly named 'The Crumpled Horn', 'The Jobbers Rest' and 'The Optimist Tavern'. A good Neighbourhood Watch scheme? Of course. Beautiful people? No, my goodness no! Just look at who is on the council.
- Oh, and at the bottom of the sex town pile is Badminton in Avon. It consists of 1 hotel, 1 horse and no sex. And that's it. For more stats on sex in the UK check out this blog by Lovehoney's Carly Drew.
- Yay! Something I've always suspected (and hoped) has finally been proven true. An orgasm a day will keep the doctor away! According to this article on male enhancement products, to stay healthy we should be having at least 2 orgasms a week. That beats the gym any day!
- Currently our Lovehoney poll is asking if sex ever features in your dreams. We're interested to find out about the deep inner workings of your subconscious and just be a bit nosy really. With that in mind, I came across this dream interpretation blog on the Em and Lo site. This week features the dream 'I made a porno with my crush'. Sexy dreams = All the fun, none of the mess.
- I'm a single girl and I like being single. I don't have to shave my legs for weeks on end and I can eat toast in bed and no one will complain about crumb-covered sheets. I'm not adverse to beautiful people asking me out, as long as they actually are beautiful, have some wit and are not a dick. But this is rarely the case. However if I did decide I needed a relationship and I needed it so much that my desperation had me turning to the internet to resolve my issue, I'm glad that Listverse has posted this blog so I can avoid those dating websites with a difference. Difference being the nice way to say weirdos!
- It would seem that porn does have something to teach us. This post on the iVillage site tells us 10 Things Good Girls Can Learn From Pornstars. I particularly like point 9 - 'be a little selfish' - so I've been looking at some lovely splurges for myself. I've narrowed it down to the Toy Joy G-Spot vibrator or this baby doll underwear set from Seven 'til Midnight. Choices, choices…
Check back every week for my top sex blog choices and get in touch if you'd like to see yours featured on the site!
With the triumphant launch of the UK Sex Map, we decided it was about time we gave you the facts and figures you’ve all been waiting for!
Trying to figure out the sexiest university in the UK?
Looking for a sex shop to fill your fantasies?
Read on to find out more!Steve Bradley
"If it works on go-karts, it must work on you pretty well too," has to be the quote of week from the 200-and-then-some reviews you've written in past seven days. Well done first-time reviewer Keiron!
Lovehoney's fantastic UK Sex Map has just been launched!
This nifty little online gadget lets you type in your town and find out exactly where it ranks in the sexy spending stakes.
Not only is it a great way to find out what the naughty gossip is in your town but it's brilliant for figuring out new trends, deciding where to go out on the pull and learning all sorts of fun facts to wow your friends in the pub!
In fact, one of the most interesting things we learnt from creating the UK Sex Map is that Upminster is the sexiest town, spending a whopping 10.8 times the national average on naughty products!
So what is so special about Upminster? Well, not a lot.
However, we did discover that the rather gorgeous Paul Sculfor lives there.
This builder-turned-model has dated some of the most stunning women in the world including Jennifer Aniston, Cameron Diaz, Lisa Snowdon and Lady Victoria Hervey.
How did this Essex brickie woo all these beautiful ladies? With naughty gifts, of course! People in Upminster spend 10.1 times the national average on sexy gifts and 11.2 times the national average on vibrators.
May we suggest a gorgeous JimmyJane vibrator for Mr Sculfor's next date?
Check out the UK Sex Map now and let us know how your town rates!
Everyone has attempted to have sex in the shower or bath before, often with less than desirable results.
The slippery surfaces, awkward angles and lack of space are often contributing factors to shower and bath sex going wrong and, let's face it; no one wants to end up with a cold metal tap becoming lodged in their delicate parts.
With this in mind, we've put together some top tips for making bathroom sex infinitely easier and more enjoyable.
Above: Want to know how to have great shower sex? Check out Tilly's top tips in this short video.
Sex in the shower – fun or awkward?
A quick bathroom bonk – time wasting or time well spent?
A horny dip in the hot tub – not for me or yes please?
Whether bathroom sex is a regular part of your routine or something you’re yet to attempt, we want to know exactly what you think.
By taking this simple survey, you will be put into a prize draw to win a brilliant bundle of fantastic ‘Sex in the Shower’ products from the new Sportsheets range!
Give us your answers, make sure you enter your e-mail address and you could be the lucky winner to receive over £100 worth of goodies!
THIS SURVEY IS NOW CLOSED.
If you haven't already noticed, Lovehoney have just launched a brilliant new section of the site, known simply as Sex Toys for Couples.
This little link contains everything you need to spice up your relationship and keep it passionate for years to come!Julie Peasgood
It can be surprisingly difficult to talk frankly about your desires, even if you’ve known someone for years.
If you're going to splash your cash, you might as well do it on a fabulous luxury sex toy from our massive range!
After all, it'll bring you years of pleasure, always leave you smiling and you won't have to give it back when you break up!