• Glass - help please!

Morbidia [sign in to see picture]

Morbidia wrote:

Also, in regards to the vibrations, LH make this vibrating glass one, but im afraid its out of stock at the mo, but hey, for future reference :)

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=12035

Hope this helps :) xxx

Woo, i'm quoting myself ^_^

This the type of thing you were looking for S20? xx

Sideshow Bob [sign in to see picture]

Thank you all for the feedback!

I must admit the vibration on glass noise didnt occur to me ..but now you mention it, it could be quite noisy! I was looking more at the curved/shaped toys (I like the look of the waver) as they look nicer, and the straight ones look a bit too much like a club and a bit intimidating compared to the nice shapes of the others, I can see one of the straighter ones being handy just to use on the body, we enjoy sensory play with wax/ice etc so the cold glass toy would be great to replace the ice cubes

Thanks for the heads up Carly..I'll hang on for a lil while The butt plug I was looking at is out of stock and the other one looks a bit too angular, hopefully there will be some on the way

poppy904 [sign in to see picture]

poppy904 wrote:

Morbidia wrote:

This is kinda similar to the waver:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=4262

that looks good!!!

had the vibrating one on my wishlist. then when i had the money i looked and it was sold out!!

there are some glass vibrators here, though...

http://www.bedroompleasures.co.uk/sex-toys/Vibrators.10/Glass-Vibrators.126/

im gonna quote myself too!! x

Morbidia [sign in to see picture]

Hell yeah for us both being sooo awesome we gotta quote ourself ^_^

x x x

Sideshow Bob wrote:

I must admit the vibration on glass noise didnt occur to me ..but now you mention it, it could be quite noisy! I was looking more at the curved/shaped toys (I like the look of the waver) as they look nicer, and the straight ones look a bit too much like a club and a bit intimidating compared to the nice shapes of the others, I can see one of the straighter ones being handy just to use on the body, we enjoy sensory play with wax/ice etc so the cold glass toy would be great to replace the ice cubes

Thanks for the heads up Carly..I'll hang on for a lil while The butt plug I was looking at is out of stock and the other one looks a bit too angular, hopefully there will be some on the way

my butt plug is coming 2moro!! (im sorry, just cant help getting excited!!) x

Morbidia wrote:

Hell yeah for us both being sooo awesome we gotta quote ourself ^_^

x x x

and each other!! x

poppy904 wrote:

Sideshow Bob wrote:

Awaits the review

I only said that to join the self quoting gang..lol

but anyhoo... have you used glass butt plugs before? I was a bit unsire (again goin back to the rigidity point) but then my current rubber plug isnt that flexable and with glass and its lubed up slipperyness should be a lot easier to use than other toys

Student20 [sign in to see picture]

Morbidia wrote:

Morbidia wrote:

Also, in regards to the vibrations, LH make this vibrating glass one, but im afraid its out of stock at the mo, but hey, for future reference :)

More or less yeah, although that isn't really a self-contained vibrating glass toy =P I'm copyrighting the idea for the design-a-toy comp by the way, noone had better copy it or I'll send some bullies over to drop your fruit!

Sideshow Bob wrote:

poppy904 wrote:

Sideshow Bob wrote:

Awaits the review

I only said that to join the self quoting gang..lol

but anyhoo... have you used glass butt plugs before? I was a bit unsire (again goin back to the rigidity point) but then my current rubber plug isnt that flexable and with glass and its lubed up slipperyness should be a lot easier to use than other toys

im new to butt plugs. this will be my first one. it isnt glass. its.....

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=8029

i love the thought of the glass ones. but gonna start with something not so heavy, i think! x

Student20 wrote:

Morbidia wrote:

Morbidia wrote:

More or less yeah, although that isn't really a self-contained vibrating glass toy =P I'm copyrighting the idea for the design-a-toy comp by the way, noone had better copy it or I'll send some bullies over to drop your fruit!

its too late!! look back to the post just after mobidia's where i quoted myself. there is a website for a company that has already done a proper glass vibrator. sorry. x

I always consider pyrex and glass to be different, just so I can stick broken beakers in the bins. I'll just have to be more cunning then, but thanks for the link =D

Student20 wrote:

I always consider pyrex and glass to be different, just so I can stick broken beakers in the bins. I'll just have to be more cunning then, but thanks for the link =D

hey. if you invent one that doesnt look as tacky as those, ill buy one!! (as long as its affordable!) x

poppy904 wrote:

i love the thought of the glass ones. but gonna start with something not so heavy, i think! x

Thats not a bad starting point, my first one (way back before I found lovehoney) was bigger than that ...you know how it is, you see the 'small' ones and think nah that will be tiny, I'll go for the medium..then it arrives and you look at it and think damn...should have gone for the small one LOL. It took me quite a quile to get the full advantage of that plug. Mine are all in need of replacement as they have become the victims of the 'chuck everything in one box together and now they have gone all funny' melting problem (another thing Ive learned from this great forum!)

What wouldn't look tacky? The ones on LH with the spirally colourness inside or just plain glass?

Student20 wrote:

What wouldn't look tacky? The ones on LH with the spirally colourness inside or just plain glass?

just as long as it doesnt look like something you would get out of a christmas cracker!! x

Sideshow Bob wrote:

poppy904 wrote:

Thats not a bad starting point, my first one (way back before I found lovehoney) was bigger than that ...you know how it is, you see the 'small' ones and think nah that will be tiny, I'll go for the medium..then it arrives and you look at it and think damn...should have gone for the small one LOL. It took me quite a quile to get the full advantage of that plug. Mine are all in need of replacement as they have become the victims of the 'chuck everything in one box together and now they have gone all funny' melting problem (another thing Ive learned from this great forum!)

the whole anal thing is very new to me. so small and light!!

i had a similar problem with my first dildo. bought this one.....

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=7016

but when it arrived it was huge. i tried it once, but wont again!!

replaced it with this

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=10615

which is ok for a forst dildo. but moving on to glass ones now. x

mimiaow [sign in to see picture]

Sideshow Bob wrote:

My first anal toy was actually a glass butt plug :)

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=13333

I've yet to write up a review about it, but it's worth having a look at. The main point that most of the other's bring up is about it's size, and I would say that it's an issue. Considering that you've already got a plug and assumedly know what to expect, then it should be fine, but for beginners, it's definitely erring on the daring side of 'experimental'. Fun though, as long as you're sensible!

But the glass material is lovely. Despite it being quite heavy, and generally got that weighty solid feel, in use you get something really different. And you're right - the lack of friction you get when it's properly used with plenty of lube is fantastic. The one thing I'd say if anyone was thinking of trying it out, and has never used such a toy before, is use more lube than you think you'll need. I thought at first that people were exaggerating the point, but seriously you can never have too much, and it will hurt otherwise. And not in a very good way! Especially as the material does limit that friction-y feeling, it's very misleading.

Thats the 'other plug' I spoke about earlier that I thought was a bit angular, but looking at its dimentions its not that bad. Its shorter than my current plug which is a what I would call traditional shaped plug which has the advantage of having a slight taper after the widest point, that glass one looked a bit angular and I was thinking it may be a lil awkward to remove, but then again mine pops out from time to time due to its shape so maybe thats not a bad thing! lol

So having a closer look at that one it seems the only differences between that and mine apart from the material is its shorter and has a slightly steeper taper to it, so on second thoughs not too bad...but Im still hanging on to see what the 'new arrivals' are coming soon before I take the plunge!

Thanks for your views, Im taking them all into account, and yeah I agree about the lube, its much better to use too much than not enough!

mimiaow [sign in to see picture]

Oh yes, I don't blame you for hanging on - reading those lovely words from Carly this morning ('brilliant ones coming in soon'!) sent me into a very happily excited little daze :) Probably not very productive, but I don't care because there's always excitement at the prospect of new LH stock!

But yeah - the removing thing kind of worried me too with this particular one. But actually it's the insert-y bit which was scarier for me (guess you wouldn't be as wimpy though, if the dimensions are pretty much the same as the one you own - big wuss here!) - even though it is angular the sensation was nothing like I expected. So yeah, if none of the newbie plugs catch your eye, I'd definitely recommend this. :)

(Robert Carlyle as Begbie?)

Dunca1348 wrote:

I would love a glass butt plug , but i don't think they make them as big as i would like.

I would imagine there would be a size limit, not for the size as such but the weight, a BIG glass toy would surely weigh a tonne!

Oh and yeah mimiaow thats Begbie

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.