• Wait! We think you’re in the US - Lovehoney.com is a better site for you.
    Shop there and get 10% off!
    United States Flag
    Go to Lovehoney.com
  1. A rabbity birthday

Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]

For my friend’s birthday I have got her a slim Jessica rabbit. She is new to vibes but has wanted one for ages.

In the present I have provided a little guide book to rabbit vibes, which was in the sale on here.

But I was wondering whether I should give her some lubrication? I have a 50ml unopened tube that can be used with the vibe, but as she is new to the whole experience of vibrators I am a little uncertain with what her reaction to lubrication would be too. Would she like the idea or be offended?

Other than that I am yet to find her a present that she could tell other people about... probably something for her home or maybe flowers.

CurlyCoupleWife [sign in to see picture]

Personally I reckon include the lube. You can never have too much & I'd rather that a friend be able to enjoy their present straight away.

What a great gift to get a friend.

chipNroll [sign in to see picture]

I'm quite new to vibes too, and whilst I'd love to receive a rabbit for some reason I might feel a little weird if a friend gave me some lube as part of the present. I have no idea why lol! But that doesn't mean you friend would too. Maybe after you've given it to her you could ask if she wanted some lube to use with it? I'd feel more comfortable with that personally, but perhaps I'm just strange

Flowers & a rabbit sound like a nice combination :)

Miss BoomStick [sign in to see picture]

I agree with CCW you can never have too much lube. If your worried she might be offended you could always put a little note in saying something like " Lube, a vibes best friend" you know, something friendly and a bit jokey.

I wish my friends would buy me such a great gift for my birthday. Also I love the little book of rabbits. Such a great guide and full of useful tips for other vibes as well as the rabbit.

Hope your friend enjoys her presents.

Ooh - interesting.

I thought something like this:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=19225

looks really girlie, high-end and non-offensive - almost akin to buying a nice hand cream...

maybe I've become a bit blasé to it all...

Miss BoomStick wrote:

I agree with CCW you can never have too much lube. If your worried she might be offended you could always put a little note in saying something like " Lube, a vibes best friend" you know, something friendly and a bit jokey.

I wish my friends would buy me such a great gift for my birthday. Also I love the little book of rabbits. Such a great guide and full of useful tips for other vibes as well as the rabbit.

Hope your friend enjoys her presents.

good idea!

WandA [sign in to see picture]

I imagine if she is accepting of the rabbit she will be OK with the lube... I can't imagine her being chuffed by the rabbit, getting to the lube and thinking "Oh, my God that is vile!".

Give her both.

Thanks I think I will throw it in with the rest.

Though the strange thing is I would give a man Lube as a present and have done before and was ok with it. Though it was often because they were too scared to buy it themselves, and other personal reasons. Where as buying some for a female friend I was a little worried.

But as you said WandA I think she will be ok.... guess I was just being nervous.

ohh I've also provided her with batteries as I myself get annoyed when I can't try things out straight away and end up taking them out of the tv remotes or something.

How thoughtful are you! I'm sure she'll be very pleased with her birthday gifts. Is it a special birthday?

no she will be turning 22 but I've know her for 20 of those years and I thought this year she needed something more special especially as she has had a lot of bad news lately.

I also like buying people present, I don’t know why I just like picking the gift and the wrapping and a card etc. So it is partly selfish in the way you get to be the one experiencing giving the gift and the following reaction of them being happy. Though like I said this is the first time I have bought a gift in this nature for a woman before. so was very uncertain.

Seduced [sign in to see picture]

It's all about the giving isn't it?

Nothing quite like taking all the care in wrapping the pressy, writing the card, Presenting it all.

Makes all the difference imo ;)

Yeah I sort of know what you mean. I love christmas shopping, I've already gotten my first present lol.

Ecksvie [sign in to see picture]

Yup, it's pretty much been covered already. You'll usually find that even the wettest woman needs lube when inserting toys. If she's not freaked by toys, I cant see why she'd be freaked by lube!

Wizzie86 [sign in to see picture]

I'd include the lube. If she doesn't use it then it doesn't matter. Better to be prepared and if you are giving her a rabbit I'm sure she won't be offended by lube xxx

sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]

as others have said its been covered too. im sure the guide book youve bought her will say that using lube is a good thing.

WandA [sign in to see picture]

sweetlove666 wrote:

as others have said its been covered too. im sure the guide book youve bought her will say that using lube is a good thing.

Very good point. She could think why didn't she buy me lube if you leave it out!

after looking through everything I have I also have some durex play O thats unopened and I'd never use do you think I could throw that in with her gift too?

That is a very good point about the book :)

yeah I wasn't sure I got it as a freebie... and doubt I'll ever end up using it.

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

after looking through everything I have I also have some durex play O thats unopened and I'd never use do you think I could throw that in with her gift too?

If I remember rightly, Durex O doesn't actually increase orgasms or make them come any quicker, but rather makes it take longer to reach an orgasm. Kind of a female delay gel. I've never tried it, but I recall reading a review about it... Best not put the Durex O in.

Really? I though it was the other way round... I wouldn't know though as never used it only read the reviews. Haha it if does take longer to reach orgasm then I think I'll take it off my wish list lol I haven't had one yet so I don't want to use something that might make it take longer.

I think you've got it all covered, lube toy and a little guide. You can always mention it later on and ask if she wants to try it as you wont use it. or as AA said sick it in the adopt a toy thread and you'll get something off your wish list for it.

Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]

Miss BoomStick wrote:

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

If I remember rightly, Durex O doesn't actually increase orgasms or make them come any quicker, but rather makes it take longer to reach an orgasm. Kind of a female delay gel. I've never tried it, but I recall reading a review about it... Best not put the Durex O in.

Really? I though it was the other way round... I wouldn't know though as never used it only read the reviews. Haha it if does take longer to reach orgasm then I think I'll take it off my wish list lol I haven't had one yet so I don't want to use something that might make it take longer.

I think you've got it all covered, lube toy and a little guide. You can always mention it later on and ask if she wants to try it as you wont use it. or as AA said sick it in the adopt a toy thread and you'll get something off your wish list for it.

This would be terrible for me, I struggle to reach orgasm as it is Are there any creams or lubes that increase orgasm intensity and speed?

I'm sure your friend will love the gift, I am creating a grab bag of small items for my 2 friends as an introduction to the world of sex toys.

Thread closed

This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.