FREE 1 Day Delivery - Spend £50 and 24-hour tracked delivery is FREE
  1. Blimey! A Thousand Quid Dildo!

    1262182162
    Fr33b1rd [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 189
    • Joined: 3 Feb 2009

    or ask the man in this article http://www.forbes.com/2009/12/10/million-dollar-vibrator-expensive-sex-toy-lifestyle-style-adult-entertainment.html

    1276366046
    merry cherry [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 433
    • Joined: 5 Feb 2009

    I'll put it on my wish list! x MC x

    1276431858
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6177
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    I think for every one sold it should come with a free 'reality slap'.

    This is the real world, it's obscene to spend a grand on a dildo, *SLAP* get back to there!

    1276438500
    amandalou [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 25
    • Joined: 10 Feb 2010

    I could never spend that much on one, thats crazy! x

    1276438690
    suze9 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 371
    • Joined: 5 Feb 2009

    Imagine explaining that one to your insurance company??? Don't think Sheila's Wheels get many requests to insure a million dollar vibrator!!! But LH if you want to stock them I would be happy to test it for you lol

    1276441417
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6177
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    Nexas wrote:

    LMAO! It's amazing how different people's concepts of money can be.

    That is a ridiculous amount of money for a toy!

    Doesn't help I've just watched a documentary on the economics of Milton Friedman...

    For a brief overview just consider it as:

    Remove the rules of economics, business will amazingly self regulate and every one is a happy bunny... Doesn't quite match up with the statistics though... Anyway, before I go ranty the value just does not match up with any criteria that I can think of...

    1276441497
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6177
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    Loves huni wrote:

    wow this is rather intrequing! (SP!) im fascinated, was looking at the lelo range last night and they do a gold plated one http://en.lelo.com/index.php?collectionName=luxe&groupName=YVA (this also being almost £1000) .. dont think i could bring myself to use it just incase t broke!! however my oh promised that if we win the lottery i can have like 8 and put them in a nice fancy bowl on the mantle piece so they look like just very expencive pebbles and no one would be any the wiser lol x

    I have just lost some respect for one of my fave brands...

    1276441943
    Gold class [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 37
    • Joined: 11 Jul 2009

    Am I alone in thinking that if you have the money, spending that X amount on a toy could be worthwhile (providing the material provides an added dimension/function/feel)? knowing you have the most tactile/visually alluring pleasure object gives a feeling that im truly investing in my/mypartners pleasure. Better to have 1 expensive toy and be happy with it, than 10 cheap toys and always be wishing? (or maybe im just a magpie in disguise!)

    1276442763
    Gold class [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 37
    • Joined: 11 Jul 2009

    Yes, its over £6000, but hey fair play to lelo if they can find people with that kind of cash then why not.....

    1276443159
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6177
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    Gold class wrote:

    Am I alone in thinking that if you have the money, spending that X amount on a toy could be worthwhile (providing the material provides an added dimension/function/feel)? knowing you have the most tactile/visually alluring pleasure object gives a feeling that im truly investing in my/mypartners pleasure. Better to have 1 expensive toy and be happy with it, than 10 cheap toys and always be wishing? (or maybe im just a magpie in disguise!)

    But what can an extra £900 add to the dimension feel etc?

    Personally I don't like excess, I know its that annoying stuff those people in the street shaking tins at you say but you really could be saving a life or educating someone. There are luxuries and treats but then there is this type of stuff I find sickening. As some people may look at that and see a pure hedonistic investment in pleasure (which I don't necessarily have any qualms about) I'd see it as an object of negativity knowing it cost so much and that money wasn't better spent. I'd be much more satisfied knowing someone was alive or at least fed because I decided to spend on that.

    I hope that doesn't sound ranty or preachy, it's not my intention, it's just my outlook on things.

    1276445771
    Gold class [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 37
    • Joined: 11 Jul 2009

    Ok, fair point £900 is a lot for the physical material, but what is it worth in terms of mental stimilus? (knowing you have something craft made for you etc etc) to me it could well be worth twice that much.

    As a society, we (rarely) judge people who spend several hundreds or thousand of pounds on other personal pleasure items such as cars, motorcycles, model helicopters etc etc etc, yet we are willing to lambast people for spending what we judge to be obscene amounts of money on sex toys? on the basis of an altruistic objection? take the argument to extremes & why not stop buying toys altogether and instead turn LH into a charity donation site? (just a joke, I like this site to much for that!)

    I have personally spent many hundreds on toys etc, I rarely drink, never take drugs, smoke or gamble and drive an older car when I could afford to replace it with something a lot more flash, do I do these things because I feel I am helping others/the planet/society? no, my personal choice is to spend the money on toys. So why make a blanket judgment on other peoples priorities?

    WandA wrote:

    I hope that doesn't sound ranty or preachy, it's not my intention, it's just my outlook on things.

    I dont really expect to be able to change anyones mind, I guess just as you find someone spending £xxxx on toys to be sickening (and I guess im with a lot of people in finding it a bit bewildering that people have that much spare cash), I find I get the bit between my teath when people comment on others spending. I will apoligise now if this has felt like an personal attack on your views.

    Right, im of to buy my lotto tickets!

    1276445973
    Gold class [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 37
    • Joined: 11 Jul 2009

    Ps, I realsie I said I never gamble, I meant to include that in the rarely section! I do but lottery tickets every now and again!

    1276448098
    Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3406
    • Joined: 2 Feb 2008

    Gold class wrote:

    Ok, fair point £900 is a lot for the physical material, but what is it worth in terms of mental stimilus? (knowing you have something craft made for you etc etc) to me it could well be worth twice that much.

    As a society, we (rarely) judge people who spend several hundreds or thousand of pounds on other personal pleasure items such as cars, motorcycles, model helicopters etc etc etc, yet we are willing to lambast people for spending what we judge to be obscene amounts of money on sex toys? on the basis of an altruistic objection? take the argument to extremes & why not stop buying toys altogether and instead turn LH into a charity donation site? (just a joke, I like this site to much for that!)

    Please don't assume that WandA is a person who is fine with people spending a fortune on cars and the likes - he isn't. He doesn't make "blanket" judgements - he is incredibly well thought out in his views. His point is more so that he finds it hard to believe people will spend unnecessary money on items - often the items that cost that much to buy, cost no where near that much to make and why spend extra if the quality isn't noticably better? The money *could* be better spent - even if you value different things - is it worth spending that kind of money on something that won't have improved quality (there's only so much that can be improved afterall and it doesn't cost thousands of pounds to improve it!).

    His point wasn't made to offend and it does sound like you are having a go a bit...I don't want to seem as though I am "sticking up" for him - he can do that himself, but if you have a problem with a post, report it.

    Adx

    1276449625
    Gold class [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 37
    • Joined: 11 Jul 2009

    AdnaW wrote:

    His point wasn't made to offend and it does sound like you are having a go a bit...I don't want to seem as though I am "sticking up" for him - he can do that himself, but if you have a problem with a post, report it.

    Adx

    Hi AdnaW, no I dont have a any issues with his post/hope I havnt caused any with my post-- Looking back I could have made it more clear that I was trying to 'overstate' my argument a bit (A hang up from my sociology days) and was trying to highlight a number of issues that have crept up in this thread a a whole .

    AdnaW wrote:

    His point is more so that he finds it hard to believe people will spend unnecessary money on items - often the items that cost that much to buy, cost no where near that much to make and why spend extra if the quality isn't noticably better? The money *could* be better spent - even if you value different things - is it worth spending that kind of money on something that won't have improved quality (there's only so much that can be improved afterall and it doesn't cost thousands of pounds to improve it!).

    I can see the point that some people will be buying a gold plated version just because, not because of any improved quality/ advantage- I was just trying to highlight that some people's value judgements are different, and therefore to them £xxxx is a worth while spend when the rest of us are thinking 'how much?????

    I guess to simplify my observation could be summed up as follows

    persons x,y,z 'wow thats a lot to spend on something'

    persons' a,b & c 'thats too much/ exessive/obscene etc etc'

    SOooo as a society, to me it seems that there is a magical threshold where people suddenly declare 'thats to much' This is something I feel is an individuals choice, as long as they are spending money they can afford, people should be free to spend as they wish without everyone making judgments.


    His point wasn't made to offend and it does sound like you are having a go a bit...I don't want to seem as though I am "sticking up" for him - he can do that himself, but if you have a problem with a post, report it.

    Adx

    feel free to stick up for him all you wish!!!! in doing so you (hopefully) have made me clarify an observation/my opinion!

    1276450243
    Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3406
    • Joined: 2 Feb 2008

    Gold class wrote:

    Hi AdnaW, no I dont have a any issues with his post/hope I havnt caused any with my post-- Looking back I could have made it more clear that I was trying to 'overstate' my argument a bit (A hang up from my sociology days) and was trying to highlight a number of issues that have crept up in this thread a a whole .

    I appreciate the clarification :)

    I think my point was - yes some people have declarations over how much is too much, but don't assume that applies to all people. WandA is an "unusual" (for want of a better word) person in his views (which aren't my place to explain) and his only real "cut off" point is "necessity". I guess because your post was a response to his, I felt I ought to clarify that point which I'm not doing very well....I can hear WandA tapping away in the background so I'm sure he'll have a better point to make hehe!

    Again - I appreciate your clarifiction and have a better understanding of your point now :)

    Adx

    1276450254
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6177
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    Gold class wrote:

    Ok, fair point £900 is a lot for the physical material, but what is it worth in terms of mental stimilus? (knowing you have something craft made for you etc etc) to me it could well be worth twice that much.

    As a mental stimulus fair enough for some people. I did mention some people might view it as worth it for pure hedonistic pleasure however in MY view I could never justify spending said amount on such superficial benefits. I understand that the view I hold is purely my view and shouldn't infringe upon others which is why I didn't want to sound preachy, how other's personal lives are conducted is their issue not mine.

    As a society, we (rarely) judge people who spend several hundreds or thousand of pounds on other personal pleasure items such as cars, motorcycles, model helicopters etc etc etc, yet we are willing to lambast people for spending what we judge to be obscene amounts of money on sex toys? on the basis of an altruistic objection? take the argument to extremes & why not stop buying toys altogether and instead turn LH into a charity donation site? (just a joke, I like this site to much for that!)

    As a society perhaps, but I do not speak for society, I speak for me. I do object to spending millions upon cars, helicopters etc. The fact this is an example of an overpriced sex toy is irrelevant to my views, I do not object because it is a sex toy, rather I feel it is overpriced and money could be better spent. We could take things to the extreme but I think there are other considerations to take in to account. As I have said the views I'm expressing are mine. I personally believe in moderation and giving something back when ever I take, I understand some people are of a different mindset and think the world is 'dog eat dog'. Regardless of the actual views they are subjective and none is more right than the other so I don't seek to force them upon anyone. I feel to make the whole world a 'simple equality' and allow charity to rule all would make many aspects of live not worth living and breach some individuals' liberty, contrary to what I do believe.

    I have personally spent many hundreds on toys etc, I rarely drink, never take drugs, smoke or gamble and drive an older car when I could afford to replace it with something a lot more flash, do I do these things because I feel I am helping others/the planet/society? no, my personal choice is to spend the money on toys. So why make a blanket judgment on other peoples priorities?

    I made no blanket judgement. I made it explicitly clear I have no qualms about 'pure hedonistic pleasure' if that is what whoever wants. I did stress throughout the 'I', 'personally' and 'me' because, once again, these are my views and I don't expect others to live to my views only to explain them. If you feel a different sense of social conscious fair enough, live how you please, you cannot expect everyone to share your personal philosophy only tolerate it.

    WandA wrote:

    I hope that doesn't sound ranty or preachy, it's not my intention, it's just my outlook on things.

    I dont really expect to be able to change anyones mind, I guess just as you find someone spending £xxxx on toys to be sickening (and I guess im with a lot of people in finding it a bit bewildering that people have that much spare cash), I find I get the bit between my teath when people comment on others spending. I will apoligise now if this has felt like an personal attack on your views.

    No need to apologise. Once again a difference of opinion. In my view I can dislike, judge, argue against, educate against AND comment on others spending (let's be honest, most people have done it with expenses scandals and the banking crisis) but I have no right nor desire to forcibly stop them.

    Right, im of to buy my lotto tickets!

    We simply have different opinions!

    Hope you win the lottery too!

    1276469658
    RubberJin [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 71
    • Joined: 3 Jan 2010

    I must be missing the bit where it dispenses a nice cup of tea afterwards, 'cos I think I'd want it to for that price!

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.