1. Cleaning butt plug after... accident

Red Dragon322 [sign in to see picture]

Bit of an embarrassing first post but oh well.

So I was using my butt plug recently and in the heat of the moment, happened to look down and... yeah there was some “brown stuff”. I made sure as I always do that I had gone to the toilet in advance before using it, and yet it somehow happened.

My problem now is that I’m not sure how best to clean it after my accident. Normally I give it a good rinse in warm water and scrub it with some Lovehoney toy cleaner, but I’m not sure if thats enough. I did it anyway but also washed it with some hand sanitizer I had lying around. Is this enough for cleaning it fully or is there more that I should do? And is there a way I can avoid this happening again?

AsYouWish! [sign in to see picture]

If it is silicone people say you can put it in the dishwasher.

Alicia4Ever [sign in to see picture]

I would avoid contact with harsh cleaning chemicals, like dishwasher detergent; as it could both damage the toy and also be absorbed into the material of the toy.

You don't say what the toy is made of, but things like glass and silicone can be put in water and boiled, to sanitize them. But I wouldn't worry if you washed it with toy cleaner, as long as it pretty much been washed there won't be a problem. I mean like it's going back up there anyways.

The anus is kind of used to your bacteria; the only thing you shouldn't do is share toys, particulally any that may subsiquently be used vaginally. That is where the main risk lays.

As for stopping it happening again, there is no real way to be 100% but using a douche does help, but there is still going to be bacteria in your anus even with no visible signs of poo, and even after douching. Anal play will always kind of come with that risk; but don't worry about it, just clean your toys after, and don't share toys.

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex/better-anal-sex/anal-douches/

NatandTom [sign in to see picture]

If it’s made from silicone then it can go in the dishwasher (no tablet/detergent) or be boiled in water for a few minutes :)

KingGrthy [sign in to see picture]

Most toy cleaners have chlorhexidine as the antiseptic. It is a medical grade sterilizer. After every use, with all anal toys, you should be cleaning with warm water and Soap/detergent(fairy liquid is ideal) followed by a sterilizing spray/wipe.

If you play around the bum enough, the odd “incident” does occur. Sometimes just a little bit of waste can remain in the rectum after a bowel movement. If you haven’t done, try a douche it totally cleans out the rectum.

KinkyMinxMoo [sign in to see picture]

Firstly Hello + welcome, you have some good advice above but thought that I would also add that you could always cover your toy with a condom; it is just an extra precaution that some people take.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.