• Wait! We think you’re in the US - Lovehoney.com is a better site for you.
    Shop there and get 10% off!
    United States Flag
    Go to Lovehoney.com
  1. Lovehoney Silicone Lube

Sex Squid [sign in to see picture]

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=31587

So I just bought a few of these in the sale. If silicone lube is as good as everyone says I'll end up making Sliquid Silver my new regular, but this seemed a budget way to try before you buy.

But having received, the bottle says 'for external use only'. I don't get it, how can a sexual lubricant that is condom-safe not be safe for internal use? Or is this one of those silly legal disclaimers such as 'sold as a novelty only'?

matnem [sign in to see picture]

This is a very good question, so posting a response to remind me to look at the answers here.

Personally, I always go water based, and you can see my review of Maximum lube here: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=13085&reviewid=175529#customer_reviews

I would go to this lube for anything now - not just anal. Well worth a try.

NatandTom [sign in to see picture]

I think it says that on all of the own-brand lubes, at last it does on the ones that I have, including the water-based ones. I'm assuming it's just a disclaimer :)

wildflower [sign in to see picture]

Sex Squid , I've got the same lube and have used it with suitable sex toys and for vaginal and anal sex without any probs.
    As you say maybe it's one of those disclaimers . Have noticed that on the product information page for this item it says it's uses are for sex and sex toys so I'm assuming that by sex they mean penetration ....it's bit late for me to worry about that now as I've used it countless times !

That's good to know guys, thank you :)

I've never understood novelty disclaimers on sex toys. This is just guesswork, and I have neither legal knowledge, nor know of a specific case to base this on... but you have to wonder whether such a 'novelty' disclaimer would actually stand up in court? After all, it's a sex toy, sold by a sex retailer, and every other aspect of packaging suggests sexual use. Would be interesting to see if retailers would be able to use the defense 'you're meant to display it on the mantlepiece, not insert it' 😂

@matnem, yep Maximus is a good lube, must've been through half a dozen of the 250ml bottles (and have also reviewed), but it's tested on animals, and I only buy vegan lubes these days. 🐙

RosyCheek [sign in to see picture]

I suppose its like on a pack of peanuts they say "may contain nuts". Need to cover your back these days.

Dr Gray [sign in to see picture]

Why most people so tentative about silicone based lube?
    I just bought my first bottle
    My understanding is don't use with toys but condoms are fine

Dr Gray wrote:

Why most people so tentative about silicone based lube?
    I just bought my first bottle
    My understanding is don't use with toys but condoms are fine

Well yeah that's my understanding too, can't use with with silicone toys, but fine for everything else. Hence why I'm wondering why LH would add a disclaimer basically saying you shouldn't use it for sex.. I'll put it to livechat and see what they say :)
    Tallish Darkish & Average [sign in to see picture]

Hi Sex Squid, we queried this a while ago on a different lube, basically it's a way of ensuring a clear passage through customs checks as it may be classed as a medicine or medical product if I remember correctly, I'm sure a live chatter'll be able to confirm this.

Lovehoney - Katy [sign in to see picture]

Hey Honey Bunnies,

You're all absolutely spot on.

As Luvved up cupple said, it's all to do with US customs checks and the like but please do continue to use Lovehoney Lubricant for all your lubricating needs as it is perfectly safe :)

Gyrator53 [sign in to see picture]

And the thing about silicone lube and silicone toys is vastly over-blown too.

We use Pjur 'Original' and Pjur 'Woman' silicone lubes with all our toys (and they are all silicone) and they are just fine. The toys are from 'good' makes like Tantus and Fun Factory which are platinum cure silicone so my belief is that good silicone toys are just fine with good silicone lubes.

Ah cool, thanks Katy, just seen your email too :)

@Gyrator53, I plan to do a patch test on either my Godemiche or LH lifelike silicone toy soon and see how that goes. I daren't risk damaging any of my Vixen dildos!

Gyrator53 [sign in to see picture]

Sex Squid wrote:

@Gyrator53, I plan to do a patch test on either my Godemiche or LH lifelike silicone toy soon and see how that goes. I daren't risk damaging any of my Vixen dildos!

The only Vixen toy we have is a Nexus that has not been out of the box in a while (maybe 10 years !) so can't swear that it's been used with the Pjur lubes but since Vixen go in for some decidedly interesting materials I'm sure a patch test is the thing to do.

We have a Tantus Cush o2 that we were very careful about as it has a very soft outer layer but, like the others, it has been fine.

bunual [sign in to see picture]

Why don't you ask on the live chat and see what LH say? I'd be intersted in knowing if you get an answer.

bunual wrote:

Why don't you ask on the live chat and see what LH say? I'd be intersted in knowing if you get an answer.

The answer is above from Katy ^^^^
    Scared'lil'pussy [sign in to see picture]

NatandTom

wrote:

Another member asked this about Lovehoney's silicone lubricant recently. It basically is just a disclaimer for customs. It's perfectly safe to use internally.

Here's the other thread: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-toys/1551466-lovehoney-silicone-lube/ :)

Thanks NatandTom, I was just curious as I have myself used it both ways with no adverse reactions but though better check it to be on safe side. I do have an organic lubricant which says on it safe to use internally so that's why I was slightly puzzled by the contradictions of the information on the bottle and the reviews.
    Thanks NatandTom.

NatandTom [sign in to see picture]

You're welcome, hope that has reassured you!

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.