£1.79 Next Day delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  • Wait! We think you’re in the US - Lovehoney.com is a better site for you.
    Shop there and get 10% off!
    United States Flag
    Go to Lovehoney.com
  1. Using male sex toys with your female partner

    1292609107
    Pixieking [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 597
    • Joined: 31 Aug 2010

    Mmm, I have two theories for this.

    Male toys seem to only, specifically, stimulate the penis, and that generall means that some sort of canal is required, rendering them essentially useless to a woman unless they are rubbing themselves with the outside of a stroker.

    Everything else seems to default as a female toy, or indeed, just assumed that women are going to use it. Most of the bllet vibes sold seem to associate themselves with women, whether that is with pink detailing like the pin-ups or the tracy coxes, or by female molding like the lipstick vibes.

    For couples toys, it's easier to stumilate a penis with a phallic vibrator than it is to stimulate a woman with a fleshlight vibro. Not to mention that most dildos/vibes can be used for anal use. I own a couple of toys that are marketed for female use, because even though g-spot vibes advertize to women, they can be used just as effectivly for prostate use.

    As for why men see to use toys less than women, I think it's become a pretty common thought that men are able to stimulate their whole penis with just their hands, but women require some sort of "tool" to penetrate their vagina effectivly. Meaning that men are able to touch all the places replicated in sex with a hand, even if the feeling is not the same. Might be why a lot of the guys on here engage in some sort of analstimulation, becase the idea is similar.

    1292611302
    Tupperwareheart [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 199
    • Joined: 2 Jun 2010

    Everyone's elses points are much better conveyed than i could manage but for us, i think we started out with female toys simply because thats what i had here.

    As for men not buying sex toys as much as women.. my OH summed up his reasoning the first time i tried to tempt him with a stroker. 'What do i need that for? I've got my hand, that's good enough' Obviously i ignored this and he was quickly converted! But i think the general consensus might be that we women buy toys to reach places we couldnt by ourselves otherwise, whereas male toys are just a different sensation to the usual masturbation.

    1292611355
    Tupperwareheart [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 199
    • Joined: 2 Jun 2010

    .. Aaand i just noticed Pixieking's post above mine saying what i wanted to say but better. Note to self: Learn to read. sorry!

    1292612946
    Pixieking [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 597
    • Joined: 31 Aug 2010

    Naah, I'm glad you posted that. Makes me feel less like i'm just spouting a random theory. Validation ftw.

    1293552110
    Johnny Roach [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 224
    • Joined: 10 Oct 2010

    My ex used my fleshlight on me a few times, she loved watching it go in and out as she wanked me with it. I also loved that she got so excited from this! During sex she liked to watch the penetration, as do I. I was also fortunate to have a large mirror on my wardrobe door which was positioned right opposite the bed :)

    1293554313
    Dirty Red Angel [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 684
    • Joined: 16 Sep 2010

    I gave someone a tenga egg and the reaction was sort of like 'what do I need this for' even though I know he wank's A LOT, so therefore this would be a nice change to using his hand. Not sure if he used it or not though but he seemed more bemused by it than viewing it as useful.

    WIth my OH, he just doesn't really seem to be interested in any toys for himself; and I think me getting a butt plug has freaked him out a little as he just laughs when I'm going to use it - which makes me super self conscious.

    We did use a cock ring, not because he has any problems but just for something different but he really didn't like it and ditched it after just one use

    It's weird because its 'normal' for a bloke to be associated with getting some porn mag or watching porn yet it doesn't seem to be so much 'normal' (I'm using this term loosely) for a bloke to use sexual aids/toys. Either that, or as others have said theres not much available. But in my experience of my OH he just doesnt seem to like the idea.

    1293561885
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6177
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    Toy and oral ball play for the win!

    1293563410
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6177
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    Many great points LH.

    Cockrings do very little for me, they ache, and it's a bit annoying when most of the male toy section is taken up by cockrings (for her!).

    There still are plenty of crap male toys as poor pussies as you say, perhaps they'll involve into the snazzy things women can enjoy. I hate the look of the FL, it's not a very realistic pussy but they still bothered with a crappy shape. I think this is part of the stigma around them, you're seen as not just fucking for pleasure you're fucking a crap pussy rip off.

    Male toys (components = plasticy jelly, hardly expensive) are overpriced.

    1293564381
    mr squirrel [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 43
    • Joined: 5 Dec 2007

    Well, I ordered a FL today to play with along with my wife. Currently, she has me locked in a CB2000, so it will make a nice change to go from that to the FL!

    Between us, we have a reasonable collection of toys, but most of them are for her. I think the main reason is simply because for a man to cum is fairly easy via the 5 finger shuffle or a bit of in and out, whereas for the ladies it can be more of a challenge. Hmm... maybe that's why I've got a collection of chastity devices!

    Anyhow, I can't wait to see what the FL is like to use, either alone or with my wife. It will certainly open-up some interesting possibilities and give lots of chances to experiment. I'd be more than happy to report our experiences. Likewise, LH, if you'd ever like us to try anything out and report on it, we'd be more than willing! :)

    1293565691
    Dirty Red Angel [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 684
    • Joined: 16 Sep 2010

    WandA wrote:

    Toy and oral ball play for the win!

    I'm prob being thick - whats oral ball?

    1293566633
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6177
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    LittleKitty wrote:

    WandA wrote:

    Toy and oral ball play for the win!

    I'm prob being thick - whats oral ball?

    Oral ball play, playing of the balls orally.

    1293566831
    Dirty Red Angel [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 684
    • Joined: 16 Sep 2010

    oh lmao - sorry. I was being thick

    It actually sounded like a game!

    1293567012
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6177
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    LittleKitty wrote:

    oh lmao - sorry. I was being thick

    It actually sounded like a game!

    Oral ball...

    It's the poundshop version of Hungry Hippos.

    1293567050
    Ecksvie [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1173
    • Joined: 11 Jun 2009

    The way I see it is that men, unlike women, have a perfectly good alternative - their hands. Men can usually bring themselves to orgasm with their hands, where in my experience it's hard to get any real results on my clit just using my fingers, and there's nothing I can do to stimulate my inside without a foreign object of some description.

    I think men tend to masturbate more than women (although of course there are exceptions), but I dont think men feel they need the help like women do, which causes us to try out sex toys.

    1293567183
    Ecksvie [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1173
    • Joined: 11 Jun 2009

    On the subject of couples' toys and why they tend to be female, I will say that I have used strokers on my boyfriend when I've bought them for him as gifts. I'm really looking forward to using the Cobra I've bought for him on him, because with the soft squidgy ones I've used on him I can't even get them on him properly because I'm terrified I'm going to do some damage to him because his cock never seems to want to go in.

    1293567635
    Dirty Red Angel [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 684
    • Joined: 16 Sep 2010

    WandA wrote:

    LittleKitty wrote:

    oh lmao - sorry. I was being thick

    It actually sounded like a game!

    Oral ball...

    It's the poundshop version of Hungry Hippos.

    Ha ha ha - love it!

    1293820405
    mr squirrel [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 43
    • Joined: 5 Dec 2007

    :( Was expecting my FL to arrive today but, alas, no sign of it! :( Now, I'm guessing it's not likely to arrive until Tuesday, a whole week after ordering it. :( I was looking forward to getting it for my birthday!

    1293820713
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6177
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    mr squirrel wrote:

    :( Was expecting my FL to arrive today but, alas, no sign of it! :( Now, I'm guessing it's not likely to arrive until Tuesday, a whole week after ordering it. :( I was looking forward to getting it for my birthday!

    I get Saturday post, I'd imagine you do to...

    1293821041
    mr squirrel [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 43
    • Joined: 5 Dec 2007

    WandA wrote:

    mr squirrel wrote:

    :( Was expecting my FL to arrive today but, alas, no sign of it! :( Now, I'm guessing it's not likely to arrive until Tuesday, a whole week after ordering it. :( I was looking forward to getting it for my birthday!

    I get Saturday post, I'd imagine you do to...

    Now and again, but I'm thinking that, as tomorrow is surely a Bank Holiday, that there won't be any. :(

    1293821980
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6177
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    mr squirrel wrote:

    WandA wrote:

    mr squirrel wrote:

    :( Was expecting my FL to arrive today but, alas, no sign of it! :( Now, I'm guessing it's not likely to arrive until Tuesday, a whole week after ordering it. :( I was looking forward to getting it for my birthday!

    I get Saturday post, I'd imagine you do to...

    Now and again, but I'm thinking that, as tomorrow is surely a Bank Holiday, that there won't be any. :(

    Ah. Good point. O well, I tried to cling on to the dream for you!

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.