• Lovehoney Massage Candles

LittleOleMe [sign in to see picture]

Hi all,

Quick question regarding the lovehoney range of massage candles - I'm thinking of getting one for the significant other for when we go away for the weekend and it's just occured to me that we will be staying in a non smoking hotel room.

Does anyone know if these things can set off a fire alarm?

I know I could ask reception, but could be a little embarasing! Thanks in advance.

Lord love length [sign in to see picture]

Cover the smoke head with a shower cap ..... Happy days

Fun Louise [sign in to see picture]

Any candle can set off the smoke alarm depending on what sensitivity the senser is set to (heat spot, smoke or both). Particularly when blowing the candle out.

I would phone the hotel and ask if it would be possible to use a candle on this special occasion. but if your not up for that, and still want to use it.

1. Don't put the candle directly under the sensor

2. Don't blow out the candle, gently extinguish it with wet fingers and put the lid on sleight away to contain any smoke.

Y ou could cover the detector but I would advise against this. Most detectors have a tamper setting which sounds the alarm and I'm sure you don't want to be desturbed.

FlexyBexyXXX [sign in to see picture]

Just open a window and extinguish the candle outside :)

by the way, I think it's unlikely to set off the alarm anyway - they are just like normal candles in the way that they snuff out and don't produce much smoke

j&lxxxx [sign in to see picture]

Couple months ago we stopped in a hotel, and took some massage candle with us. Got there, big smoke alarm above the bed, and signs in room, stating £100 fine for smoking, at first we where thinking oh no, but then oh stuff that and used them anyway, we had no problems, we had the little ones in tin, that came in a pack of three, had all three burning for about an hour, then blew them out and put lids back on straight away.

It depends on hotel policy, but smoking is illegal in hotels, candles are not.

LittleOleMe [sign in to see picture]

Thanks all!

''It depends on hotel policy, but smoking is illegal in hotels, candles are not.''

Yep, that's how I see it too - course that doesn't help if the alarm goes off and we have to answer the door to hotel management with Mrslittle wearing the outfit I've just purchased lol...

LibraLover [sign in to see picture]

I've never even thought they might, and have used them and other candles in hotel rooms without any problems

PrincessSparkle [sign in to see picture]

When putting it out, just pop the lid on, and it will put itself out, containing the smoke :)

I've never found ours to smoke, and we have 9345386 in our house because we rent, and the shower sets them off, so :P

Quiet ones are worse! [sign in to see picture]

fairehlights wrote:

When putting it out, just pop the lid on, and it will put itself out, containing the smoke :)

I've never found ours to smoke, and we have 9345386 in our house because we rent, and the shower sets them off, so :P

Just going to say, don't leave the bathroom door open, as this is the biggest cause of the alarm going off, humidity.

tider [sign in to see picture]

thinking about the candles so are there any good

Purring-Pussy [sign in to see picture]

@tider, I think they are great. The LH branded ones are fab. Melt quite quickly, easy to massge into the body and taste great too

Thread closed

This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.