• Women & Cigars

SmoothOne [sign in to see picture]

WandA wrote:

SmoothOne wrote:

SteSilver wrote:

Smoking isn't sexy to me. I don't understand why films continue to dress up scenes with important characters smoking, it's repulsive to me yet film directors have always associated it with class and sexiness.

Everyday circumstances, I'd say smoking isn't particularly sexy to me. However, as I said this was exceptional to me. As for your director reference, in the past 10-15 years I wouldn't say that is the case anymore, not in the majority of mainstream movies.

Lol just thinking about the class aspect of it, I have visions of Her Maj popping into the newsagents asking for 20 B&H

Wouldn't you be embarrassed spending money with your face on?

Least she wouldn't have a problem if she got asked to provide ID

OperationFilth [sign in to see picture]

I really dislike militant anti-smokers... But maybe because i'm not one and never have been. i dont smoke, but my partner does. I wont try to get him to stop, but if he chooses to, he know's id back him and help him in any way possible.

as for the sexiness... i dont see it with women and cigars at all... a man with a cigar is a different matter... heh. I hate the smell of cigars though so thats a bit offputting. But i love the smell of cigarettes, lol.

I have to admit there has been a couple of posts on here that had hints of 'standing on a soapbox' which wasn't in the spirit of the thread.

OperationFilth [sign in to see picture]

Well yes I agree...

Back O/T (ish anyway), my ideal situation, in terms of what would make me inexplicably hot for my man would be the day I get to see him in a suit, with a whisky in one hand and cigar in the other.. *fans self*

or maybe i have just watched too much boston legal :P

but yeah i think a lot of it comes down to the fact that all of the above are power symbols and we're programmed to go for that at least to some degree

LivingFire wrote:

Well yes I agree...

Back O/T (ish anyway), my ideal situation, in terms of what would make me inexplicably hot for my man would be the day I get to see him in a suit, with a whisky in one hand and cigar in the other.. *fans self*

or maybe i have just watched too much boston legal :P

but yeah i think a lot of it comes down to the fact that all of the above are power symbols and we're programmed to go for that at least to some degree

Well at the time we had a few drinks and were enjoying a 1983 whisky and a £30 cigar. So that and the surprise probably done it for me

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.