£4.99 Sunday delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  1. What would Mummy say?

Yoko [sign in to see picture]

My mother would drag me off to the nearest priest and have him perform an exorcism.

(Now that would make a great topic for erotic fiction.... )

scwhartz [sign in to see picture]

She's the best, thanks Ad.

Rowan [sign in to see picture]

My younger sister had her lingerie delivered here a couple of times lol. Although some of the stuff her OH bought her (very nice) she had a time with trying to wash and dry without parents either keeling over in shock from her doing washing or awkwardly seeing. I just got a lifted eyebrow from mum on mine and laughed at for a few. Obviously they have never encountered the more exotic things....

[suspended user]

suspended user

my mum would of opened it nayway she's got a nosey problem or she'd wait till you'd open it in front of her .ha ha we have had a few monsters delivered which would have made her more then smile.probally a coronary attack more like

Miss Bunny [sign in to see picture]

Well, as for my dad, bless him, he did try to have 'the talk' with my when I was 16. He was a year late with that one but I respected him for trying. As I run an adult website, he probably has some incling that I don't have a 'normal' sex life (what ever that is), but I guess he doesn't dwell on it much as he still sees me as his little girl.

My mum is very liberal, and I think she has more of an idea. She has now married another woman so will have a pretty good idea about toys! However, I suspect she would be shocked to hear about anal, double penetration, 3somes etc, but many younger people are too...

WakkaWakka [sign in to see picture]

I still live with my parents *sigh*

I was really sick with the flu over Christmas so she kindly went into my bedroom and gave it a little bit of a spring clean, including chaning my bedsheets.
    She then found my under bed restraint set.

She kindly told me that she folded "that thingy under the matress" up neatly for me.

I think she now knows but doesn't want to acknowledge it. Lol.

Mr Monster [sign in to see picture]

My parents never had sex. They just didn't. I have never seen any sign or heard any word that makes me suspect they even know what sex is. I'm sure they have no idea I am sexually active (married, kid, but they turn a blind eye!)

it took several years of the (then) girlfriend visiting before I convinced my mum to stop making up a guest bed in my room. "We don't really need it" "oh, well, if you're sure..."

I'm trying to not pass on my weirdly asexual upbringing to the little'un by getting comfortable with the idea now. I hope I do OK when the time comes...

Phantasma [sign in to see picture]

I have no idea what my parents would say - both Christians, and ones ordained so the biblical views obviously hold some sway there. I'm pretty sure theyd be happy to talk if I had questions but the sigh of relief I know theyd breathe afterwards means i wouldnt go out of my way to have the chat.

Probably wouldnt think too highly of the BDSM either....

Inara14 [sign in to see picture]

My mother knows I have sex, and she knows I have been since I was 16. She makes jokes about my sex life actually....and at the most embarrassing moments.

Although she doesnt know that I am currently in a relationship with Phantasma since I dont want to put anything more on her at the moment. So I dont quite know what she thinks my sex life is like at the moment.

If i mentioned any of my other likes though, I think shed be embarrassed herself, she is pretty 'mainstream' from what Ive figured out.

WandA [sign in to see picture]

Phantasma wrote:

I have no idea what my parents would say - both Christians, and ones ordained so the biblical views obviously hold some sway there. I'm pretty sure theyd be happy to talk if I had questions but the sigh of relief I know theyd breathe afterwards means i wouldnt go out of my way to have the chat.

But Jesus likes BDSM, it's in the bible!

And here:

*Warning, may be offensive to some but it is posted in the name of humour*

http://www.jesusdressup.com/bdsm.html

Phantasma wrote:

Why is there a connection made between being a Christian and avoidance of sex-related topics? Just curious. Mine were far better with it than most of my friends parents (and up here that covers primarily secular/ atheistic folks)

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

Rowan wrote:

Phantasma wrote:

Why is there a connection made between being a Christian and avoidance of sex-related topics? Just curious. Mine were far better with it than most of my friends parents (and up here that covers primarily secular/ atheistic folks)

If you read my post in the "religion and sex" thread - you'll see my take on it - well the example I gave was fundamentalism but the principles are roughly the same - the idea that aspects of the religion (and other religions) encourage/allow justification of avoidance of certain topics and therefore there is likely to be an increased incidence in avoidance of those topics by religious people - doesn't mean all religious people are the same, or even that a majority are but aspects of the religion make it more "acceptable" within that religion.

For example, people would be more likely to scoff at a parent refusing their child to go to sex ed classes if they say it's because they don't agree with it, than if they say they don't agree with it "because I'm religious". Therefore those who have views that may be otherwise challenged, aren't and people with those views go on in their little bubble not realising the error of their ways. Not necessarily a problem with religion in itself (as I said in the other thread) moreso the fact that others in society feel unable to challenge a view just because it is a religious view.

I hope this makes sense, I've not been writing very clearly lately or forming clear ideas (*worries for exams*) but I may not have explained my views very well so apologies if it comes across in an unintended way.

Adx

Rowan wrote:

Phantasma wrote:

I think it's not about being Christian but rather holding certain biblical views. It's completely understandable sex was avoided/played down if the bible is taken a bit more literally than the more enlightened types like yourself do, after all, the bible is hardly known for it's healthy attitude to sex/women etc.

I admire your take on religion because you still remain very much independent, even if I don't agree with it. You know one of my big problems with religion is that many expect a certain subjugation to what they perceive as a 'higher' power, I take issues because no such higher power exists (in any form, communism etc...).

What I'm trying to say is for those who do follow much more easily than some people certain messages can hold more sway and the traditional construct of the church and bible has hardly encouraged free and frank debate on sex.

Sorry for rambliness!

In my own life I try to follow the Bible's guidance, including in sexual matters, though I understand that this is something that is unpopular with the vast majority of LH users (not intended as offensive as I choose to use the site understanding that it is a) commercially based, b) something I can avoid or desist from commenting in certain threads etc c) a very small percentage of the general population follow the same guidelines as hubby and I rather than the majority now). I have been fortunate enough to encounter very few people in church etc that do not bother to think about things. Although I admit it was weird being in discussion with other CU goers about female orgasm after a meeting. I think it comes down more to the individual person and to a degree, generation, than religion. Obviously this is not the case for everyone and I know a few who have encounterede the closed off parenting, particularly the middle class english variety, but again there are likely other factors influencing the impression given. We intend to bring up Froggy according to biblical principles, but I would hate to have him/ her feel that questions were off-limits and unable to ask about sexual matters, including masterbation, homosexuality, and why we think sex is so important (which S and I do). All of these came up in various youth groups or seminars I went to. There are some things I wouldn't have mentioned to dad, but that's because he still sees me as his little girl (despite the imminent grandchild).

I distinctly remember my parents being livid because one particular 'holier than thou' family managed to make a girl I was in youth with stop coming when she got pregnant at 15 with a guy that disappeared. She made a mistake, but had the courage to keep the boy despite having to sacrifice her acceptance into the army. Several people kept in contact for a while and provided what support they could.

I have problems with some of the sex ed reforms proposed, but it would bother me more to be denied the option of choosing what to teach my kid at that stage, purely based on the fact they mature at different rates, so my youngest brother in law, a year older than my youngest sister has attempted to have sex, in a totally stupid way, despite being well aware of risks, precautions etc and isn't mature enough yet to get things like 'foreplay' and the emotional side (has AS). My sister on the other hand, has not gone attempted anything, and has the sense to protect herself and any partner she should choose if deciding to have sex. Still, sex ed right now is apalling in many areas (ours included) so will be doing the embarassing 'talks' and endeavour to have a lighthearted approach to most subjects . Despite the differences in some of our standards

My own mummy seems to have abandoned all pretences now, you get wise cracks about blowjobs during breakfast now...

HotStuff6969 [sign in to see picture]

I never have spoken to my mum about anything sex related but when I have children I think that I will :P

Rowan wrote:

In my own life I try to follow the Bible's guidance, including in sexual matters, though I understand that this is something that is unpopular with the vast majority of LH users (not intended as offensive as I choose to use the site understanding that it is a) commercially based, b) something I can avoid or desist from commenting in certain threads etc c) a very small percentage of the general population follow the same guidelines as hubby and I rather than the majority now). I have been fortunate enough to encounter very few people in church etc that do not bother to think about things. Although I admit it was weird being in discussion with other CU goers about female orgasm after a meeting. I think it comes down more to the individual person and to a degree, generation, than religion. Obviously this is not the case for everyone and I know a few who have encounterede the closed off parenting, particularly the middle class english variety, but again there are likely other factors influencing the impression given. We intend to bring up Froggy according to biblical principles, but I would hate to have him/ her feel that questions were off-limits and unable to ask about sexual matters, including masterbation, homosexuality, and why we think sex is so important (which S and I do). All of these came up in various youth groups or seminars I went to. There are some things I wouldn't have mentioned to dad, but that's because he still sees me as his little girl (despite the imminent grandchild).

I distinctly remember my parents being livid because one particular 'holier than thou' family managed to make a girl I was in youth with stop coming when she got pregnant at 15 with a guy that disappeared. She made a mistake, but had the courage to keep the boy despite having to sacrifice her acceptance into the army. Several people kept in contact for a while and provided what support they could.

I have problems with some of the sex ed reforms proposed, but it would bother me more to be denied the option of choosing what to teach my kid at that stage, purely based on the fact they mature at different rates, so my youngest brother in law, a year older than my youngest sister has attempted to have sex, in a totally stupid way, despite being well aware of risks, precautions etc and isn't mature enough yet to get things like 'foreplay' and the emotional side (has AS). My sister on the other hand, has not gone attempted anything, and has the sense to protect herself and any partner she should choose if deciding to have sex. Still, sex ed right now is apalling in many areas (ours included) so will be doing the embarassing 'talks' and endeavour to have a lighthearted approach to most subjects . Despite the differences in some of our standards

My own mummy seems to have abandoned all pretences now, you get wise cracks about blowjobs during breakfast now...

But, and a big but, you don't follow the Bible's guidance is sexual matters, you follow the parts you don't find distasteful. You follow, in most part, the commonly accepted morality of your time rather than the stuff of the Bible.

I presume you don't mind your OH being around when you menstruate and you don't think your natural use is a pleasure receptacle for your OH, gay people should be stoned, masturbation is a one way ticket to hell etc... I only post these example to highlight that for all the great messages of the Bible there are equally terrible messages. If you don't agree to the above I think it re-enforces the point above, you are following a part in the broad spectrum of morality not the Biblical view. This point broadly agrees with your point that it is class, generation etc...

But, another big but....

We all have our sacred cows. Mine is of a social liberal type persuasion but unsurprisingly as an ancient book the Bible is conservative in nature, it is very easy to find justification for various horrible ideas and to view sex as it is often portrayed, as something shameful. I know there of course is the message of love for the spouse etc... but I can think of many more stories where sex outside the norm brings the ultimate shame and then penalty of death.

My point is that although there are plenty of other strong influences (none of us are immune) we all have sacred cows that we hold up as beyond reproach. There is nothing wrong with this, but as all our sacred cows end somewhere being unquestionable if that sacred cow is conservative in nature (which the Bible is) then it trickles down throughtout all views you further hold. As all my views involve respect for the individual then all my views incorporate this.

Phew. This took a long time! I hope none is misinterpreted.

MrsKitty [sign in to see picture]

both my mum and dad was great my dad had a massive long talk about orgasms when i was younger i can talk to him about anything and he wouldnt mind at all he is very very open minded he wouldnt even blink if i said i did dogging (i dont)

first time i had sex month before my 18th mum knew straight away lol said she wished i had waited i could also talk to her about stuff she was always really cool about it one time me and my ex was having sex for ages went downstairs all she said was have you nearly finshed its a bit noisy the bed made a noise so the next day i was at work ex still there mum went up to my room sat on the bed a did some bouncing to see where the noise was used fairy liqard to get rid of it it did work found it so funny

Mr Monster [sign in to see picture]

kittyb4u wrote:

he is very very open minded he wouldnt even blink if i said i did dogging (i dont)

No, because that would be the wrong species, kitty . . .

Jamba [sign in to see picture]

My Dad is a secretly quite open I think but would never let anyone know. My Mum on the other hand would almost talk to anyone about anything which is worrying sometimes! Both have been very relaxed about me asking them anything but it would never come up in conversation.

To give you an idea about Mum:

First night niftyb and I were together, she had been staying over as a friend and staying in the spare room. Obviously I walk out of the spare room in the morning and my Mum turns to start talking to niftyb only to find me staring her in the face. A beautiful moment of realisation swept across her face and she literally burst out laughing and hurried off... buzzkill.

niftyb [sign in to see picture]

Jamba wrote:

My Dad is secretly quite open I think but would never let anyone know. My Mum on the other hand would almost talk to anyone about anything which is worrying sometimes! Both have been very relaxed about me asking them anything but it would never come up in conversation.

To give you an idea about Mum:

First night niftyb and I were together, she had been staying over as a friend and staying in the spare room. Obviously I walk out of the spare room in the morning and my Mum turns to start talking to niftyb only to find me staring her in the face. A beautiful moment of realisation swept across her face and she literally burst out laughing and hurried off... buzzkill.

secretly quite open..... whuuuu??

"psst! hey! don't tell anyone... but here're all my hopes and fears...*whisper,whisper*"

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.