£1.29 Next Day delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  • Wait! We think you’re in the US - Lovehoney.com is a better site for you.
    Shop there and get 10% off!
    United States Flag
    Go to Lovehoney.com
  1. How long do you use a new toy for before you review it?

Me and her [sign in to see picture]

We joined the site six weeks ago on a sunday, and by monday night had spent nearly £250, and reviewd a lot of it by the following weekend. Now i've been away from the site for just over a month, I love you all but i dont want lovehoney in my work laptops history! and looking back at our reviews found my self wishing we'd left it a bit longer.

So my question is how long do people use a toy before they review it?

SEXYGET 69 [sign in to see picture]

Howdy M and H!

When I purchase something I will use it at least twice and get a feel for it if possible and definitely involve my OH to fully get to grips with the item as a couple. I bought the Aneros MGX and used it last night on my own but will be using it on wed when I see my OH as I want to have sex with it in to see how it goes before I make any comment although it's a solo toy!!

SG69 x

Ecksvie [sign in to see picture]

I generally leave it a week or two. That gives me long enough to have a few goes with it by myself and with my boyfriend. It's also long enough for the novelty value to wear off so I can look at it a bit more objectively.

Often though, I'll start writing my review in Word and keep adding to it as the days pass. Yes, I'm that sad.

funandfrolics [sign in to see picture]

We try and leave it till we have given it a good seeing to! If its worth reviewing we get on and do it, likewise if its pants we do the same, a average joe toy might not get reviewed.

We are desperate to try something different, not sure what but very open to suggestions!

Not sad, I like the idea of notes in word, when it comes to reviewing we always forget bits, be like a dildo diary

Morbidia [sign in to see picture]

Usually when i purchase things, or when im sent review items, i usually review within a week or so, providing of course i've used it a few times to make sure i've given it a good try, unless of course the toy is so amazing that im eagar to review,lol, thats only happened a couple times though, lol.

x x x

secretseductress [sign in to see picture]

i just use it a few times, i usualy review it within a fortnight of buying it unless i feel i need more time xx

JayGee [sign in to see picture]

Hello me and her and welcome to the forums

When I was first on these forums, I must admit that I would try and review things right away after only one or two tries. But now I will take some time to form an opinion and base that on at least 3 uses.

Of course, if you are asked to review a product by the LH team, then they expect a quicker turnaround, so I find you have to make time and be a bit more objective, while working to a time limit. But if it's something you have bought for yourself, then take all the time you need.

And I am so impressed (and a tiny bit jealous) that you managed to spend £250 in so short a time. Kudos, I think

We just got carried away, our wish list was over £100 within a week or so after that i think we might out a week's limit on our reviews, get a good feel for it

[suspended user]

suspended user

Depends on whether it's one Ruth wants asap!!

A fair few times to be as far to the product as possible, but mine are generally solo toys so I can do that fairly quickly. For clothes/lingerie I just write my own opinions, I don't wait to get the reaction from others.

OperationFilth [sign in to see picture]

it depends, for ones ive bought and can review at leisure they normally get a good few outings before their review, but if its a tester item that is often wanted asap, i give it 2, 3 if poss test runs (more if there are other factors - like me maybe not being totally in the mood or whatever) and then review. i do try to be as prompt as i reasonably can be :)

oldbutalive [sign in to see picture]

not had a tester yet

but OH and me use whatever we buy at least twice, if not more before we submit a review.

Got one on hold at moment .. just need to use once more, then will post.

shellyboo [sign in to see picture]

I tend to give it two or three goes on my own and once with a partner before I submite my review, if I can! That said, I've had my Jessica so long now that I think a newer version has come out and I still haven't reviewed it... oops!

jav_ski [sign in to see picture]

normally i tend to forget to review things until i have broken them or they have stopped working or more than likely just wan an upgrade i buy the new one obviously using other ppls reviews then write a review on the item that has made me turn up here Again lol

Little Lady [sign in to see picture]

It depends, I usually review it when I think I'm ready to.

First product I reviewed was my rabbit (check profile to see which) and I decided to review it when I felt I was ready to. I think I reviewed it after 3 or 4 months of purchasing it.

With my bullet I reviewed it recently as I hadn't got around to it and I've had that about a year now.

Ruth has just sent us a few testers to review, feeling under preasure now

Me and her wrote:

Ruth has just sent us a few testers to review, feeling under preasure now

Don't feel too under pressure! Just give them a couple of spins, see how you get on and give them a review :) Am sure it'll be fine :)

Luckily the excitement overwhelms the nerves

awesome :D

BoyNextDoor [sign in to see picture]

Rather than starting a new thread with this question, I thought I'd kinda hijack this one as its on a fairly similar topic....

Do people here review EVERYTHING they get? I have been trying to up to now, but most of the things I've reviewed up to now haven't had that many reviews about it already.

I noticed a couple of things in my last order had quite a lot (one had 22, the other 47)... do you still write reviews for things that are already heavily reviewed, or just leave it be?

My experience with the products was a good one, which is in line with most of what everyone else says, so would it be worth my while writing a review that isn't really going to give any more info than is already there.

Thread closed

This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.