FREE 1 Day Delivery - Spend £50 and 24-hour tracked delivery is FREE
  1. Sexy Pagans

WandA [sign in to see picture]

After seeing this I'm curious. Personally I find this quite despicable and being a skeptic (yes, with a k) I find it hard to believe people would happily part with their cash on the say so of an internet randomer who claims to cure your ills (actually I'm not that surprised).

I know there are quite a few pagans on here but do any of them here really believe this would work or are the pagans here more about a lifestyle choice? I can perfectly understand some of the philosophies of Wiccans/Pagans and agree (albeit for different reasons) with some of it but I find it difficult to believe there are people out there who would indulge such matters.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fertility-Pregnancy-Spell-for-a-Son-Baby-Boy_W0QQitemZ280487542346QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Metaphysical_New_Age?var=&hash=item870adaeef6

A guarantee of getting pregnant, staying pregnant and it being a boy are some pretty strong claims. I can't understand the lack of critical thinking. So do pagans here think this is quackery and just an attempt to exploit someone by offering a guarantee or is it not that?

I don't wish to offend, just clarify what exactly other peoples opinions on this matter are. As I said I find it quite despicable, the attempt to prey on another's fears for financial gain, and assume most other people would. I'm interested in hearing opposing views, if there are any here or find out if most people agree.

No offence intended you lovely pagans!

mimiaow [sign in to see picture]

No offence taken WandA! I've seen quite a lot of these kind of things drifting around on the internet (mainly on Ebay actually), asking people to pay for a spell to be performed on their behalf. I can only speak for myself, but about it "working", I really don't know. Terrible cop out answer, but that's ultimately what I can say.

In regards to your first question, I do consider myself a pagan first and foremost (that's what I broadly term the 'basis' of my belief system), and pagans may or may not be magickal practitioners. In essence, I don't believe that a 'fertility spell' is any more likely to work than other methods of drawing positive energy to yourself (ultimately I see it as an 'active prayer', positive thinking, mental visualisation), but I don't think that means that such a method cannot draw positive things literally to the person it is aimed at. However certainly I don't think that it can 'guarantee' a specific material result, just as (I believe) praying at church won't lead to a thunderbolt depositing a baby on the church doorstep! But perhaps some people do believe such things, because it is important to believe 100% in a result? After all, it's a common belief that if you are sending out a request, the universe doesn't 'interpret' what you are asking for, rather it delivers what is strongly visualised?

At the end of the day, however, I have a slight problem with 'selling' magickal practices and solutions. For one thing, I do not believe that someone else who believes in such an action really has any need for a third party. I don't think you need an elaborate ritual, just something that resonates with you as a person. Some thought, perhaps action to go with it, that feels right with you. Sitting, clearing your mind to visualise your desired result, and being respectful of the natural order of things is likely to be enough! Thinking positively and acting positively can only attract positivity, and if something is meant to, I'm sure that it would come your way (and giving it a little nudge in the right direction in my opinion is fine, just not trying to force a result/ guarantee).

I'm sorry if I went off tangent, and if I had time, I'd probably keep rambling... So sorry, but hopefully that's not too boring. x

Thanks for the response.

People believe all sorts of things, I just find it a bit suspicious when people charge for faith based 'cures' or solutions. I think that's why so many people have issues with 'religions' like scientology. Thanks for the opinion!

Morbidia [sign in to see picture]

From my experience of spell casting, the will and the love for the person whom you are spell casting for is essential, so taking money for a random spell, really isnt going to work in my opinion, its all about intent, and the intent wouldnt even be there in the first place.

And Nex is right, you're asking for an aid, not an answer xx

Morbidia [sign in to see picture]

Hahaha, me too Nex :)

Tigerlilies [sign in to see picture]

WandA wrote:

After seeing this I'm curious. Personally I find this quite despicable and being a skeptic (yes, with a k) I find it hard to believe people would happily part with their cash on the say so of an internet randomer who claims to cure your ills (actually I'm not that surprised).

I know there are quite a few pagans on here but do any of them here really believe this would work or are the pagans here more about a lifestyle choice? I can perfectly understand some of the philosophies of Wiccans/Pagans and agree (albeit for different reasons) with some of it but I find it difficult to believe there are people out there who would indulge such matters.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fertility-Pregnancy-Spell-for-a-Son-Baby-Boy_W0QQitemZ280487542346QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Metaphysical_New_Age?var=&hash=item870adaeef6

A guarantee of getting pregnant, staying pregnant and it being a boy are some pretty strong claims. I can't understand the lack of critical thinking. So do pagans here think this is quackery and just an attempt to exploit someone by offering a guarantee or is it not that?

I don't wish to offend, just clarify what exactly other peoples opinions on this matter are. As I said I find it quite despicable, the attempt to prey on another's fears for financial gain, and assume most other people would. I'm interested in hearing opposing views, if there are any here or find out if most people agree.

Careful, Wanda, someone will go Simon Singh on your ass.

I'm an Atheist. Which makes me better than most.

Joking! Please don't bite me.......too hard.

Tigerlilies wrote:

WandA wrote:

Careful, Wanda, someone will go Simon Singh on your ass.

I'm an Atheist. Which makes me better than most.

Joking! Please don't bite me.......too hard.

I chose my words carefully! I do try and avoid matters of faith and politics (too much), it'll only infuriate me and result in me being told off.

I must say I do like the skepitcal response to the poor mans physio... lets report any outlandish claim they make to trading standards! Great!

And anyway... He won!

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.