• Sexy Pagans

mimiaow [sign in to see picture]

Yes, enjoy the camping JayGee! (do you have a little trangia gas burner thing to take with you?)

I'm just taking in the day peacefully, no hectic plans thankfully :) Took a little trip into town to get some last minute ingredients; forcing the girls here to join me in a Midsummer dinner (whether they like it or not!). It's lovely to be open here, and be able to celebrate with friends.

How about you Nexas, any plans for today?

SEXYGET 69 [sign in to see picture]

I'm spending all day in the garden here. Will be planting some stuff I've grown from seed.

SG69 x

SEXYGET 69 [sign in to see picture]

Cheers Nexas. I'm always in the garden, it helps me relax and think. I love plants too, trees, flowers and anything nature.

SG69

sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]

have fun with whatever your doing tonight then everyone.

sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]

um not much. its fathers day today and dads in the forest at the sporting event. i'm not really a practising pagan

JayGee [sign in to see picture]

mimiaow wrote: (do you have a little trangia gas burner thing to take with you?)

Yes - well I thnk BC is bringing one. We're just about to have a "compare the kit" tele-conference now LOL. I have billy cans and a wee kettle plus lots of packets of rice, noodles and cous cous. And chocolate. And a blankie

Frith [sign in to see picture]

diamonds wrote:

Diamonds: Yes, a year and a day of research, reading and soul searching to ensure that this is truly the path you wish to walk. We wouldn't want people casting spells willy-nilly now would we?

i was just thinking after reading this, how do you real pagans feel about teenage mags telling you how to make and do spells? do you agree with them or do you think its kinda belittleing (if thats the right word for it?) your religion and belifes?

as i said im not pagan and sadly i dont know much about it as were more spritual (well my dads a grumpy git and dont belive in it lol but my mum does) and weve seen mediums ect and i find that i get worried, scared and creeped out when i hear of storys of people messing about and doing things they shouldnt do when there not trained and even things trained mediums wouldnt do.

sorry completly off topic

Dxx

Good question,

Its not something that worries me overly much as from my experience there is very little difference between a pre-written "offical spell" and something created in the moment with plenty of will and intent. After all if a person does not truly have some faith in it and force of will and heart and energy then nothing will happen,they are just words and actions. Just look at Abracadabra , its an incantation of power to a lot of people (at least it used to be) but for most people its just a funny word stage magicians use ;)

But then I am quite sceptical of the acceptance and focus on "spells" and "rituals" in the neo-pagan/pagan faiths, so much of who we are and what we do is coloured by fantasies and propaganda (good and bad) from the 19th and 20th centuaries, or is a tool for a social/political agenda.

If there is any harm in the publication of materials in magazines, its that they tend to give a "hollywood" image of what our faiths are and how they operate...Often giving an image of a common belief/unity that is not really there, as opposed to the glorious and beautiful melange of faiths,ideas and passions that we embrace :)

JayGee wrote:

mimiaow wrote: (do you have a little trangia gas burner thing to take with you?)

Yes - well I thnk BC is bringing one. We're just about to have a "compare the kit" tele-conference now LOL. I have billy cans and a wee kettle plus lots of packets of rice, noodles and cous cous. And chocolate. And a blankie

Haha - excellent, 'to be prepared is'... well, it's good. And nothing says prepared more than wholesome chocolate supplies - that would totally be top of my list! When a friend went over to America last year for a month, the most important thing she said that she packed was a 1kg bar of Dairy Milk.

Yes, as I am off the booze while I am these tablets and we don't have anything else...ahem..I'm afraid chocolate is about as interesting as it's going to get

Hey - back from the camp! You know, it did feel properly solstice-y, with it getting so hot yesterday - who decides when these days are going to be anyway? I'm much more into the idea of "moveable feasts" - the company and the activity are way more important than hitting some arbitrary date.

Anyway, BC and I confirmed to ourselves yet again that we are autumn/ winter people - we just don't do well in the hot sun. For us, this time of year is a point where we see the seasons turning back from the rise towards midsummer and back now towards the cooler dark. I know that sounds miserable when we haven't had a "proper" summer but there you go.

No actual ritual as such, but plenty of firegazing, cloudwatching and talking, which is enough for us. I feel all energised and ready to take on another chapter, which for me is the point.

Blessings to all the other OA pagans

SassyKat [sign in to see picture]

Druidess...i was always a bit not sure on my path but i read a brilliant book and it just fit, im an "animal healer" by day so i feel at home being a druidess...i dont practice as a daily thing but its always in my head...must be why i love the outdoors so much x

Nice to see lots of other pagans here x

Nexas wrote:

LMAO Because it's the day when the Earth is closest to the sun, therefore is the same every year!

I hate the hot sun too! I much prefer the winter!

Sounds very nice!

Well, it certainly felt like the Earth was closer to the sun on Tuesday than on Sunday LOL. I think I mean that the anarchist in me will celebrate when she likes, even if it goes against proven fact.

Thanks for saying it sounded nice 'cos it was. Better than standing round in a circle with lots of potato people anyday

SassyKat wrote:

Druidess...i was always a bit not sure on my path but i read a brilliant book and it just fit, im an "animal healer" by day so i feel at home being a druidess...i dont practice as a daily thing but its always in my head...must be why i love the outdoors so much x

Nice to see lots of other pagans here x

*in a Bill and Ted/ Wayne's World kind of voice* Greetings fellow Drood gal

What was the book you read?

JayGee wrote:

Well, it certainly felt like the Earth was closer to the sun on Tuesday than on Sunday LOL. I think I mean that the anarchist in me will celebrate when she likes, even if it goes against proven fact.

Thanks for saying it sounded nice 'cos it was. Better than standing round in a circle with lots of potato people anyday

Absolutely agreed there JayGee. It's all about doing what feels right, because at the end of it, if you don't end up totally feeling connected and part of it, not as much is going to result from it.

Glad that you had a nice camp out though. Certainly if the weather was anything like it has been here, it sounds like a great time to have gone.

Yeah, mimiaow - our ancestors didn't have the timing of the solstice down to the very second like we do now - it's more about the place and the feeling. I retrospect, it could have done with being a bit cooler - really hot weather is OK if you have access to lots of shade and cool things to eat and drink, which we didn't.

So, Lammas? LOL

SassyKat [sign in to see picture]

Hiya!

I think it was "The modern day druidess"....but i stupidly lent it to a naughty non book returning pagan and i have no idea who wrote it.

The first paragraph was me to a t.....always loved the rituals and ways of paganism, much to the "delight" of my christian family lol...but they love me anyway :)

What about you? :D x

SassyKat - was it by Cassandra Eason? Her book - yes, the Modern Day Druidess, was what turned me onto druidry - I read it in France on holiday a few years ago, found a triskele pendant there and have been wearing one pretty much ever since (alternate though with hares and fat goddesses).

As well as that, I like "Spirits of the Sacred Grove" by Emma Restall Orr - I always read the pertinent chapter again in the run up to a festival (plus her other books - Ritual, Living Druidry, although her more recent ones - Pagan Ethics and Kissing the Hag have been a bit dry). I love Glennie Kindred, especialy the wee chapbooks that she does that look handmade - Her Sacred Celebrations is great. The only book I have by Ellen Evert Hopman is her fiction story Priestess of the Forest - her books are hard to get in the UK.

Between Earth And Sky by Nalini Nadkarni is great if you love trees, like I do (I have lots of tree books).

And I love "The Fifth Sacred Thing" by Starhawk - my idea of Utopia.

What other books do folks find essential?

Was that Psychic Protection Nexas? Jings, I had that years ago

Sorry, I meant in addition to ones we had mentioned, seeing as SassyKat asked and I don't expect her to trawl back.

lucky mrs t [sign in to see picture]

WOW, just how pleased am I to find this thread? *waves hello* (quite new here so be gentle)

tallboy247 [sign in to see picture]

Gentle is as gentle does lucky mrs T !!! Are you a gentle soul perchance??

Tallboy

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.