£4.99 Sunday delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  1. Sexy Pagans

Morbidia [sign in to see picture]

I'll email you tomorrow about it (providing i remember, lol)

I took down your email from the other night, so no worries, and thank you in advance :)

x x x

OperationFilth [sign in to see picture]

I wouldn't say I've gone so far as name what I believe (more due to lack of strict definition rather than wanting it to be that way, lol) and as such don't claim to be pagan or anything - however (and I seldom get into this with people, or otherwise i spend far too long trying to explain it!) I do have a belief system, more spiritual than strictly religious, and it is all effectively energy-based. So links quite well to the earth based religions/spiritualities - certainly more so than dogmatic religions.

JayGee [sign in to see picture]

Hey LivingFire - take a seat by the fire. We don't go for naming things much here either

OperationFilth [sign in to see picture]

This is very true ;) *cosies up by fire*

Woo! This is shaping up to be an awesome thread ^_^ x x

mimiaow [sign in to see picture]

Very true Morbidia. A lot more people than I would have expected as well - it's fantastic!

So where are we going to take it? I wouldn't like to see all this energy and enthusiam just fizzle out and get lost in the threads. Do we want to set up a blog, like for the piccies, or is that too much?

Maybe we should just see how things go on the thread for a while first JayGee, what you think?

Wait and see how many more people wish to post :)

Ok, so how long has everyone been pagan, or of a similar belief? :)

x x x

redapple wrote:

JayGee wrote:

redapple, diamonds and poppy - welcome to the thread (and anyone else lurking)

Nexas - you are cool hunny

And for the last time, me and Gee are not cute - imagine Hagrid and Billy Connolly together (actually, maybe don't)

Hey, I can't post my opinions on the subject (as you know) apart from YOU are cute and you wll bl**dy accept it cos I SAY SO ............ xxx

See!!! You are damn cute ^_^ x x x

poppy904 [sign in to see picture]

Morbidia wrote:

Maybe we should just see how things go on the thread for a while first JayGee, what you think?

Wait and see how many more people wish to post :)

Ok, so how long has everyone been pagan, or of a similar belief? :)

x x x

as long as i can remember!! ive always been interested in various religions from a very young age. its just beena natural progression. x

Yeah, i was the same as you Poppy, never followed my parents religions, it never seemed to fit with me.

x x x

Morbidia wrote:

Yeah, i was the same as you Poppy, never followed my parents religions, it never seemed to fit with me.

x x x

my parents dont have one! but they were always happy for me to have whatever religion i wanted. tried it all. c of e, roman catholic, islam, jehovahs witness and a million more. nothing worked!!

so decided that instead of looking for a religion that fitted my beliefs exactly (especially regarding sex) just wasnt gonna happen. so figured after a while, when i got to about 18 that i didnt need one!

i love discussing religion, though. my favourite topic. would love to be an RE teacher, but the curriculum is waaaay too strict for any real discussion. x

My parents are c of e, my mums alot more religious than my dad though.

But i've never really talked to either of them about religion of any sorts.

Why not be a philosophy/ethics teacher??? From my experience, that was more relaxed in regards to discussion and topics in comparison to RE x x

Thats really awesome Nexas, i wish my mum was like that, i still dont think they actually know that im pagan, i just know she gets freaked out a bit when i buy "witchy stuff" (according to them)

x x x

there are some great shops in and around manchester. used to spend alot of time in them before lucy was born. x

I've got the shop that i made the website for, that has crystals herbs, oils incense etc

And theres also a stall in the market thats more pagan orientated, and at the next town over theres a wiccan shop, so theres a few near me x x x

sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]

well i dunno if i'm really a pagan (i don't practice or anyhting)

but ive always liked being at nature and the respect paganism has for everything in this world. this has been going since i was little, as my pearents hold the same sort of beliefs. Im reguarly in the forsest with my archery too and hate living in the city.

Sorry to jump in all previous with the "blog" thing - just am aware of how some threads can sink on here.

Well, I was raised Church of Scotland - very Presbyterian - but we weren't regular churchgoers. I decided it was a load of hokum one night when, near to Hallowe'en, living in a small village with nothing better to do, I went to a Baptist night and won their quiz simply by spouting answers from memory! When I was in my early 20s I was introduced to Starhawk by a workmate (The Fifth Sacred Thing is still one of my favourite books). Life and politics kind of took over then a few years ago I decided to look again at that aspect of me. As I say, I'm not a Druid per se, but feel that their earth-respecting, tree-based spirituality makes a lot of sense to me.

Nexas wrote:

Scott Cunningham was my early reading materials, and Dion Fortune as well!

i got aot of their books knocking about. had a good read, but they werent for me. lived in a box in my wardrobe for about 5 years now!! x

Nexas wrote:

Scott Cunningham is amazing! His guide for solitary practice is just perfect!

alot of people say that. it just isnt for me. x

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.