FREE 1 Day Delivery - Spend £50 and 24-hour tracked delivery is FREE
  1. Good lubes

Lubyanka [sign in to see picture]

LoveHoney - Carly wrote:

Lubyanka wrote:

Another problem I have with choosing a Sliquid variety is that the properties of each one are confusingly described, at least for me. As far as I can determine from a process of elimination, the entire "Organics" segment of the Sliquid range are apparently fragranced. However, this is hardly mentioned in the product description, especially given that the fragrance is not named or described. Using only the product descriptions, I have no way of finding out which one is the "apple" or indeed that there even is an apple one.

If a body product is fragranced, I think it's reasonable to expect that this is mentioned and described as a feature, rather than obscured and only clear from the ingredients.

I've identified Sliquid Ride H20 and Sliquid Original H20 as unfragranced ones I'd like to try, but selecting them has been a pain in the hole to say the least. If it weren't for the parabens I wouldn't bother, and indeed I may still not bother. However your input has been useful, so I thank you for that imeldaimelda, much appreciated. :)

My response was mainly in reply to this post and the issues you raised.

If a lubricant is specifically scented, it is mentioned in the product description.

If it has a scent which is the result of the combined ingredients and not intended, but more of a happy side effect, then it is not mentioned unless overwhelmingly obvious.

I think its worth remembering in cases like this that you are free to contact Customer Services if you require more information about a product.

The reason why every facet of a product isn't fully explored and explained in the product description, including but not limited to scent, taste, texture, consistency, colour, transparency, exact function, possible function, storage, usage, is because the average person using the web spends around 10 seconds on a page before choosing to continue reading or go elsewhere. If the main points are not easy to find and read, we are potentially losing customers. Hence why we try to be to the point, explain the main major features and how to use the product but also offer reviews for a more personal opinion.

Well, I'm not sure where you thought I was expecting you to change your descriptions just for me or even asking LH to do anything at all. Those were my honest experiences with choosing amongst the Sliquid range and I can't change them.

I'm sorry if you felt that I expressed unrealistic expectations or if you felt my experiences were unfair to you.

Lubyanka [sign in to see picture]

LoveHoney - Carly wrote:

I'm in no way attacking you or your opinion, I am simply explaining why the descriptions are the way they are which, as highlighted above, you mentioned that you found confusing.

You also said:

"If a body product is fragranced, I think it's reasonable to expect that this is mentioned and described as a feature, rather than obscured and only clear from the ingredients."

And I chose to explain why we don't go into detail about fragrance, which you can view above.

I still think it's reasonable to mention a fragrance as a feature. I disagree that simply mentioning it is the same as going into detail. For example, this description doesn't mention a fragrance at all:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15119

• Full description
    • The most natural organic lubricant available anywhere! A great all-purpose lube for sex and sex toys, Sliquid Organics is glycerine and paraben-free, blended with certified organic botanical extracts, is 100% vegan and never tested on animals.
    • Nothing in this beautiful bottle will harm your body or bring on any allergic reactions - it's glycerine, paraben and petroleum free, latex, rubber and plastic friendly; the formula has been specially developed with natural and organic ingredients that will support your body, whatever you get up to!
    • The hibiscus, vitamin E and green tea will moisturise the skin, whilst the plant cellulose, aloe barbadensis and cyamopsis make this an incredible, long-lasting lubricant that will be an essential in your bedside drawer.

I appreciate that you found that the fragrance in these lubricants was minimal to you.

Thank you for your explanation.

miss fortune [sign in to see picture]

Has anyone tried the Sliquid as a anal lube? I'm tempted to buy it (was going to buy it at erotica til OH pulled me away from it) but I want to know if its good for anal and regular sex?

By the way Nexas I blame you for saying it tastes like cherry drops. I'll have it buy it now =p

miss fortune [sign in to see picture]

LoveHoney - Carly wrote:

miss fortune wrote:

Has anyone tried the Sliquid as a anal lube? I'm tempted to buy it (was going to buy it at erotica til OH pulled me away from it) but I want to know if its good for anal and regular sex?

By the way Nexas I blame you for saying it tastes like cherry drops. I'll have it buy it now =p

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=11373 is specifically designed for anal play and is one of our best selling lubricants for that specific function - and everything else too!

It's slightly thicker than normal lubricants, which makes it great for anal and doesn't contain anything that will irritate the delicate skin either. It also lasts for a long time and only needs a splash of water to reactivate.

Ah thanks Carly. I'll add it to my basket ^^

masterandslave [sign in to see picture]

I always try and include in my reviews if the lubricant has any form of scent or taste, even if it is meant to be unfragranced. I always feel reassured that there is less in the product to affect my natural balance!

x

OperationFilth [sign in to see picture]

Agreed M&S. As an aside, Sliquid Sassy is awesome. Really, really awesome.

The silicone ones I have tried feel much more realistic than water based, however you can't use these with silicone toys.

x

Ilovemyman [sign in to see picture]

I'm not sure about the delay one, wouldn't that take the pleasure out of it? We just tried the Durex cherry and pinocalada one, i prefer the taste of the cherry one but found them both sticky. I've ordered liquid Silk, it should be here tomorrow so i'll let you all know how it is!

Ilovemyman [sign in to see picture]

Well i love the liquid silk but found that i had to re apply it to my husband. When i use it on my own or with my vibrator it's brilliant!

5mil [sign in to see picture]

I've used the Sliquid Organics natural Silk http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15590 for anal use and it seemed fine; at least as good as Liquid Silk for the job. But I appreciate some folk might like a thicker lube for back door work.

I've also used and reviewed the Sliquid Organics Natural Warming Lubricant http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15950. For me, it proved more cold than warm and had a desensitising effect on my cock. I haven't tried it for anal yet, but that slight anaesthetic effect might be of benefit.

Now I know it's more economical to buy in bulk but 2 litres?! Would be fun to try and get through!

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=7366

x

WandA [sign in to see picture]

masterandslave wrote:

Now I know it's more economical to buy in bulk but 2 litres?! Would be fun to try and get through!

x

Useful on a slide! Do Whales need lube in the sea?

Does seem a tad excessive...

Muz333 [sign in to see picture]

masterandslave wrote:

The 270ml £10 bottles last about 3-4 months so a 2 litre bottle would be over kill. I was eyeing them up earlier today and I noticed that two 270ml bottles is cheaper than one 500ml bottle. :p

Ecksvie [sign in to see picture]

I always try and take advantage of special offers on lube and end up buying in bulk. I go through enough of the stuff on a regular basis (plus I always use far too much) that I always say it'll never go to waste, but it'd take even me a while to get through that!

masterandslave wrote:

x

WandA [sign in to see picture]

Ecksvie wrote:

I always try and take advantage of special offers on lube and end up buying in bulk. I go through enough of the stuff on a regular basis (plus I always use far too much) that I always say it'll never go to waste, but it'd take even me a while to get through that!

masterandslave wrote:

x

We do the same! 2 for 1 on the durex in Superdrug every now and again... always have too much what with samples and LH lubes too!

WandA wrote:

Ecksvie wrote:

masterandslave wrote:

x

We do the same! 2 for 1 on the durex in Superdrug every now and again... always have too much what with samples and LH lubes too!

What gets me is the person who reviewed it said that they water it down even more!

x

Yeah, I do the same! Last time I did that, I discovered someone I used to work with now works in there, and there's me walking up to the counter with two big bottles of durex lube and nothing else! I considered getting four bottles, I was glad I didn't in the end!

WandA wrote:

Ecksvie wrote:

masterandslave wrote:

x

If Durex did a massive bottle like that, I'd probably end up buying it

I really want to try the new Durex strawberry one but it's an exclusive to a certain shop for a while grrrr!

x

dengru [sign in to see picture]

hi if anyone is looking for the perfect lube try Jlube

its economical it comes in a powder you only make what you need any extra just freeze because you mix it yourself it can be as thick or as thin as you like no smell or taste water soluable its amazing stuff i cant recommend it enough just need to get LH to stock it now

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.