• Contraceptive Implant

cheer_up [sign in to see picture]

I'm not saying don't get it done. Hell, I wouldn't still have mine if it wasn't worth it!

All I'm saying is that stick at it. Mine's settled down quite a bit now (but that, in turn, led to a major pregnancy scare over Christmas, haha! I did think of the bruise...) so leave it at least three months to let it settle down. It sounds like your clinic's a lot better and less sadistic than mine. Good luck with it

EmilyBlenkins [sign in to see picture]

Thank you, I'll be sure to keep you lot updated (if you wish)

Hey everyone.

Got it done today, it all went well.. although my appointment was at 4.30 and I didn't get called in until 5.45

Kasumi [sign in to see picture]

1 hr and 15 mins late

Hope they said sorry!

Nope =/

I was worried I was going to miss my bus, I had to run to catch it,

Kasumi [sign in to see picture]

What where they doing, making the implant themselves?

At least you didn't miss your bus thankfully

Haha, seemed that way.

And yes, I am glad I didn't miss it, even though I got some laughs by running for it, If I had missed it I would have made the clinic buy me a taxi ride home (I live about 32 miles from town and the next bus after that would have been at 11:55pm)

toycar69 [sign in to see picture]

Hey EB, glad the appointment went OK, if not on time! Hope it works well for you.

Didistar [sign in to see picture]

Hey Guys,

I have had the implant for 3 years now (due to get it changed) I have noticed afew side affects but the fact that I dont have to worry about remembering pills (Im pants at that) or periods out weights that! I have noticed that my hair is thinner in the 3 years I have had it in! (anyone else found this?) But it is soooooo practical with being at uni I have no worries, plus saves me a fortune in tampons (which we should get free but thats another story)!

I did spot for the first month but no real problem. Not really had mood swing that are abnormal! One thing I did think was abit bizzar was when I told my doctor he didnt agree with me having it (got it put in at the FPC) but when I asked if it was the implant that had something to do with my hair being thinner he shrugged it off.

I will get back on here when I get it replaced later this month :)

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

Wow, hair getting thinner would likely freak me out, to be honest. I do complain about my hair, especially its thickness and how I dont have to spend ages with it, just wash it and go. I think you should consult it with the doctor? There may be other reasons for it. I lost some hair due to stress recently.

GingerConcubine [sign in to see picture]

I had the implant in a few months ago, insertion was quick and easy, and the doctor put a compression bandage on so I wasn't even left with any bruising. (This was a 16-25 GUM drop in clinic). I went expecting just to be told my options, but seeing as it wasn't too busy she asked if I just wanted it in there and then.

Had a slightly light period than usual fairly soon after, since then I've had one day of bleeding. Occasional spotting, but seeing as it tends to follow particularly.... vigorous sex I think they're related somehow XD Nothing painful and nothing I can't cope with. Not had any PMS symptoms either.

If anyones wondering... A month on and I don't seem to be having any bad side effects as of yet..

My appetite seems to have increased and my period was a week or so late but apart from that everything is normal.

I got no brusing at all apart from a faint yellow one. (That was dissapointing)

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.