FREE 1 Day Delivery - Spend £50 and 24-hour tracked delivery is FREE
  1. Tattoos..your opinions?

Muz333 [sign in to see picture]

I'm getting my 14th and more tattoos soon! Getting some kanji down my chest after paying for a translation and shall be completing my half body suit as soon as possible. :)

[suspended user]

suspended user

They look good

lovetowank [sign in to see picture]

I hate tattoos and think they look especially ugly on women. Why would a beautiful woman spoil her skin with these? It's like seeing graffiti painted on a wall of an otherwise great looking building - no-one should want that.

WandA [sign in to see picture]

lovetowank wrote:

I hate tattoos and think they look especially ugly on women. Why would a beautiful woman spoil her skin with these? It's like seeing graffiti painted on a wall of an otherwise great looking building - no-one should want that.

But graffiti can be art depending on the skill and context. I'm not a great fan of inking, less so the identa-inks, but it can look good on some people... and it makes some people really hot and bothered! Some people will want it because it's unique and different. Like most things it isn't just black and white.

Seduced [sign in to see picture]

GHxx wrote:

My Bf has just got a new tattoo - it's huge on his forearem, in memory of his mum who died aged 35 when he was only 17 - its a nice tattoo actually and I'm not a huge fan, but on him i appreciate why he's had it done and it makes him really happy when people compliment it.... 120 quid tho, me personally i wouldnt pay that for one but his money his life and he's still as hot as ever!!

xGHx

Sounds lovely GH! I myself have 13 ( I think lol ) tattoos, But each one has a meaning behind it.

Well so far they are all names of very important people in my life.

I still have quite a few more to get done. ( names wise )

But I want for my next lot of ink a tat on my left upper arm as it looks bear now - Thinking of a celtic style cross wit *Only God Can Judge Me* written around or above or below it.. Plus the one on my right upper arm ( mum and dad over a red rose ) needs re-colouring and some more scrolls & Foliage added to accomodate more family names and to make it larger height and width wize...

I'm also getting * Memento Mori* on me probably my upper back shoulder to shoulder before i start getting my legs inked.

Alicia D'amore wrote:

I'd also like the word "Slut" tattooed on my body somewhere (maybe wait 'til I've stopped holidaying with my parents though)

Adx

That sounds different and daring. I'm about to get the Japanese Kanji for "Godless" tattooed down my ribs after paying to get it translated properly. Not quite as daring but shows our sides for the unconventional I say, anyways must run for the train!

Phoenix79 [sign in to see picture]

I love tats on a guy or depending on the context of them-my hubby has a football orientated one that i cant stand but also has a bulls head on his shoulder which i love because we're from farming backgrounds.

Kat von D is totally hot and i think part of that is because of her tattoos.

Best tats i've seen lately have to be Muz333- verrry nice bod hun!

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

Muz333 wrote:

Alicia D'amore wrote:

I'd also like the word "Slut" tattooed on my body somewhere (maybe wait 'til I've stopped holidaying with my parents though)

Adx

That sounds different and daring. I'm about to get the Japanese Kanji for "Godless" tattooed down my ribs after paying to get it translated properly. Not quite as daring but shows our sides for the unconventional I say, anyways must run for the train!

That sounds brill! Why Kanji? I want something skeptical (with a K) or atheistic but I just can't decide exactly what - I'm still searching for the perfect quote but Slut is something I've wanted for years!

Adx

Doug [sign in to see picture]

i've always like the idea of getting a celtic knot on my sholder, just need to get a but more bulk to for it to work reallt

Wicked Willy [sign in to see picture]

I think a small tatoo on a lady in a hidden place can be very sexy. I am not sure I would want one though.

WandA [sign in to see picture]

Muz333 wrote:

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Adx

Rebellion against mummy and daddy!?

I quite like the idea though, I like the boldness of it but subtly.

sexi4u07 [sign in to see picture]

Well coming from a woman who has 6 i think they are hot and they are a huge turn on for me but some people don't find them to be attractive

Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]

Not sure if this is the right thread. Well today my best friend dropped off my birthday presents, after unwrapping all of them she said that she had one more.... she got my name tattooed onto her leg. It's been done very well, I'm just a little shocked. I've had someone else say they'd get my name done, but I'm always trying to talk them out of it. She seems really happy about it though.

BigPoppa [sign in to see picture]

I've felt dubious about tattooing names. Children's names ok as you will always be their mum or dad no matter what but partners or friends? Many of the relationships we consider permanent can go away and sometimes in a nasty split. Then your left with the name of someone you now hate on you.

I'm coming round to the idea of a tattoo for myself. Trouble is I'm lost as to what to have. Have a favourite quote from Blade Runner that I'd consider. " in time all things are lost. Like tears in the rain'.

Maybe just shorten it to 'Tears in the rain' or get it done in japanese for an extra layer of subtlty?

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Muz333 wrote:

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Adx

That sounds brill! Why Kanji? I want something skeptical (with a K) or atheistic but I just can't decide exactly what - I'm still searching for the perfect quote but Slut is something I've wanted for years!

Adx

Emm, sorry about the delay there, ha! I'm getting the Godless part down my ribs because I'm a strong atheist and I feel it fits me. As for why I'm getting it done in Kanji it's because I LOVE the orient, I've been obsessed with it even as a kid and watch a lot of Japnese TV shows, listen to a lot of their music etc and most of my current tattoos are Japanese in style anyway so it would merge wil lwith my ongoing half suit.

WandA wrote:

Rebellion against mummy and daddy!?

I quite like the idea though, I like the boldness of it but subtly.

Yeah, truth be told it is a bit of a F-You to their damn creationist ideas! :p

Mr Monster [sign in to see picture]

BigPoppa wrote:

get it done in japanese for an extra layer of subtlty?

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur....

I think Muz has the right idea - only get something done in a particular style if that has meaning to you. Don't just do it because you think it looks cool or, worse, to fit in with what you think a tattoo should look like...

BigPoppa [sign in to see picture]

Great avatar today Mr M!

the Japanese does have a little significance to me. I have an odd affiliation with Japan that I can't quite place. Reading an amazing book
    Called 36 views of Mount Fuji at the moment and loving it even more.

Your probably right on balance though.is that the phrase in Latin? Or something else?

Never learned any Latin at my school!

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

Muz333 wrote:

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Muz333 wrote:

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Adx

Adx

Emm, sorry about the delay there, ha! I'm getting the Godless part down my ribs because I'm a strong atheist and I feel it fits me. As for why I'm getting it done in Kanji it's because I LOVE the orient, I've been obsessed with it even as a kid and watch a lot of Japnese TV shows, listen to a lot of their music etc and most of my current tattoos are Japanese in style anyway so it would merge wil lwith my ongoing half suit.

I did kind of guess the atheistic part sounds good though!

I want something sciency/skeptical because it ties a lot of my different beliefs together - I'm not just an ardent atheist, that doesn't define me - but the reason I'm an atheist (love of science, scepticism, evidence based theory etc) is what really matters to me. I just can't decide what to get!!

Adx

Alicia D'amore wrote:

I want something sciency/skeptical because it ties a lot of my different beliefs together - I'm not just an ardent atheist, that doesn't define me - but the reason I'm an atheist (love of science, scepticism, evidence based theory etc) is what really matters to me. I just can't decide what to get!!

Adx

I've been debating getting a double helix on my wrist for years or another science based tattoo, I just feel that I should have at least one tattoo based on science. This site is a huge inspiration as well. http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/loom/science-tattoo-emporium/

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.