FREE 1 Day Delivery - Spend £50 and 24-hour tracked delivery is FREE
  1. Tattoos..your opinions?

    1287330657
    Muz333 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 696
    • Joined: 18 Apr 2010

    I'm getting my 14th and more tattoos soon! Getting some kanji down my chest after paying for a translation and shall be completing my half body suit as soon as possible. :)

    1287330937

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Lieutenant
    • Posts: 44
    • Joined: 16 Oct 2010

    They look good

    1287356621
    lovetowank [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 68
    • Joined: 25 Apr 2009

    I hate tattoos and think they look especially ugly on women. Why would a beautiful woman spoil her skin with these? It's like seeing graffiti painted on a wall of an otherwise great looking building - no-one should want that.

    1287356953
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6177
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    lovetowank wrote:

    I hate tattoos and think they look especially ugly on women. Why would a beautiful woman spoil her skin with these? It's like seeing graffiti painted on a wall of an otherwise great looking building - no-one should want that.

    But graffiti can be art depending on the skill and context. I'm not a great fan of inking, less so the identa-inks, but it can look good on some people... and it makes some people really hot and bothered! Some people will want it because it's unique and different. Like most things it isn't just black and white.

    1287358170
    Seduced [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 994
    • Joined: 15 Aug 2010

    GHxx wrote:

    My Bf has just got a new tattoo - it's huge on his forearem, in memory of his mum who died aged 35 when he was only 17 - its a nice tattoo actually and I'm not a huge fan, but on him i appreciate why he's had it done and it makes him really happy when people compliment it.... 120 quid tho, me personally i wouldnt pay that for one but his money his life and he's still as hot as ever!!

    xGHx

    Sounds lovely GH! I myself have 13 ( I think lol ) tattoos, But each one has a meaning behind it.

    Well so far they are all names of very important people in my life.

    I still have quite a few more to get done. ( names wise )

    But I want for my next lot of ink a tat on my left upper arm as it looks bear now - Thinking of a celtic style cross wit *Only God Can Judge Me* written around or above or below it.. Plus the one on my right upper arm ( mum and dad over a red rose ) needs re-colouring and some more scrolls & Foliage added to accomodate more family names and to make it larger height and width wize...

    I'm also getting * Memento Mori* on me probably my upper back shoulder to shoulder before i start getting my legs inked.

    1287388116
    Muz333 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 696
    • Joined: 18 Apr 2010

    Alicia D'amore wrote:

    I'd also like the word "Slut" tattooed on my body somewhere (maybe wait 'til I've stopped holidaying with my parents though)

    Adx

    That sounds different and daring. I'm about to get the Japanese Kanji for "Godless" tattooed down my ribs after paying to get it translated properly. Not quite as daring but shows our sides for the unconventional I say, anyways must run for the train!

    1287422771
    Phoenix79 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 41
    • Joined: 7 Apr 2009

    I love tats on a guy or depending on the context of them-my hubby has a football orientated one that i cant stand but also has a bulls head on his shoulder which i love because we're from farming backgrounds.

    Kat von D is totally hot and i think part of that is because of her tattoos.

    Best tats i've seen lately have to be Muz333- verrry nice bod hun!

    1287428542
    Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3406
    • Joined: 2 Feb 2008

    Muz333 wrote:

    Alicia D'amore wrote:

    I'd also like the word "Slut" tattooed on my body somewhere (maybe wait 'til I've stopped holidaying with my parents though)

    Adx

    That sounds different and daring. I'm about to get the Japanese Kanji for "Godless" tattooed down my ribs after paying to get it translated properly. Not quite as daring but shows our sides for the unconventional I say, anyways must run for the train!

    That sounds brill! Why Kanji? I want something skeptical (with a K) or atheistic but I just can't decide exactly what - I'm still searching for the perfect quote but Slut is something I've wanted for years!

    Adx

    1287433187
    Doug [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 528
    • Joined: 4 Jun 2010

    i've always like the idea of getting a celtic knot on my sholder, just need to get a but more bulk to for it to work reallt

    1287433392
    Wicked Willy [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 76
    • Joined: 24 Sep 2009

    I think a small tatoo on a lady in a hidden place can be very sexy. I am not sure I would want one though.

    1287436079
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6177
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    Muz333 wrote:

    Alicia D'amore wrote:

    I'd also like the word "Slut" tattooed on my body somewhere (maybe wait 'til I've stopped holidaying with my parents though)

    Adx

    That sounds different and daring. I'm about to get the Japanese Kanji for "Godless" tattooed down my ribs after paying to get it translated properly. Not quite as daring but shows our sides for the unconventional I say, anyways must run for the train!

    Rebellion against mummy and daddy!?

    I quite like the idea though, I like the boldness of it but subtly.

    1287606427
    sexi4u07 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 3
    • Joined: 28 May 2010

    Well coming from a woman who has 6 i think they are hot and they are a huge turn on for me but some people don't find them to be attractive

    1303038510
    Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2184
    • Joined: 16 May 2010

    Not sure if this is the right thread. Well today my best friend dropped off my birthday presents, after unwrapping all of them she said that she had one more.... she got my name tattooed onto her leg. It's been done very well, I'm just a little shocked. I've had someone else say they'd get my name done, but I'm always trying to talk them out of it. She seems really happy about it though.

    1303039144
    BigPoppa [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 346
    • Joined: 24 Jan 2010

    I've felt dubious about tattooing names. Children's names ok as you will always be their mum or dad no matter what but partners or friends? Many of the relationships we consider permanent can go away and sometimes in a nasty split. Then your left with the name of someone you now hate on you.

    I'm coming round to the idea of a tattoo for myself. Trouble is I'm lost as to what to have. Have a favourite quote from Blade Runner that I'd consider. " in time all things are lost. Like tears in the rain'.

    Maybe just shorten it to 'Tears in the rain' or get it done in japanese for an extra layer of subtlty?

    1303045529
    Muz333 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 696
    • Joined: 18 Apr 2010

    Alicia D'amore wrote:

    Muz333 wrote:

    Alicia D'amore wrote:

    I'd also like the word "Slut" tattooed on my body somewhere (maybe wait 'til I've stopped holidaying with my parents though)

    Adx

    That sounds different and daring. I'm about to get the Japanese Kanji for "Godless" tattooed down my ribs after paying to get it translated properly. Not quite as daring but shows our sides for the unconventional I say, anyways must run for the train!

    That sounds brill! Why Kanji? I want something skeptical (with a K) or atheistic but I just can't decide exactly what - I'm still searching for the perfect quote but Slut is something I've wanted for years!

    Adx

    Emm, sorry about the delay there, ha! I'm getting the Godless part down my ribs because I'm a strong atheist and I feel it fits me. As for why I'm getting it done in Kanji it's because I LOVE the orient, I've been obsessed with it even as a kid and watch a lot of Japnese TV shows, listen to a lot of their music etc and most of my current tattoos are Japanese in style anyway so it would merge wil lwith my ongoing half suit.

    1303045749
    Muz333 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 696
    • Joined: 18 Apr 2010

    WandA wrote:

    Rebellion against mummy and daddy!?

    I quite like the idea though, I like the boldness of it but subtly.

    Yeah, truth be told it is a bit of a F-You to their damn creationist ideas! :p

    1303058173
    Mr Monster [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 689
    • Joined: 15 Sep 2010

    BigPoppa wrote:

    get it done in japanese for an extra layer of subtlty?

    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur....

    I think Muz has the right idea - only get something done in a particular style if that has meaning to you. Don't just do it because you think it looks cool or, worse, to fit in with what you think a tattoo should look like...

    1303067931
    BigPoppa [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 346
    • Joined: 24 Jan 2010

    Great avatar today Mr M!

    the Japanese does have a little significance to me. I have an odd affiliation with Japan that I can't quite place. Reading an amazing book
    Called 36 views of Mount Fuji at the moment and loving it even more.

    Your probably right on balance though.is that the phrase in Latin? Or something else?

    Never learned any Latin at my school!

    1303083501
    Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3406
    • Joined: 2 Feb 2008

    Muz333 wrote:

    Alicia D'amore wrote:

    Muz333 wrote:

    Alicia D'amore wrote:

    I'd also like the word "Slut" tattooed on my body somewhere (maybe wait 'til I've stopped holidaying with my parents though)

    Adx

    That sounds different and daring. I'm about to get the Japanese Kanji for "Godless" tattooed down my ribs after paying to get it translated properly. Not quite as daring but shows our sides for the unconventional I say, anyways must run for the train!

    That sounds brill! Why Kanji? I want something skeptical (with a K) or atheistic but I just can't decide exactly what - I'm still searching for the perfect quote but Slut is something I've wanted for years!

    Adx

    Emm, sorry about the delay there, ha! I'm getting the Godless part down my ribs because I'm a strong atheist and I feel it fits me. As for why I'm getting it done in Kanji it's because I LOVE the orient, I've been obsessed with it even as a kid and watch a lot of Japnese TV shows, listen to a lot of their music etc and most of my current tattoos are Japanese in style anyway so it would merge wil lwith my ongoing half suit.

    I did kind of guess the atheistic part sounds good though!

    I want something sciency/skeptical because it ties a lot of my different beliefs together - I'm not just an ardent atheist, that doesn't define me - but the reason I'm an atheist (love of science, scepticism, evidence based theory etc) is what really matters to me. I just can't decide what to get!!

    Adx

    1303084014
    Muz333 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 696
    • Joined: 18 Apr 2010

    Alicia D'amore wrote:

    I want something sciency/skeptical because it ties a lot of my different beliefs together - I'm not just an ardent atheist, that doesn't define me - but the reason I'm an atheist (love of science, scepticism, evidence based theory etc) is what really matters to me. I just can't decide what to get!!

    Adx

    I've been debating getting a double helix on my wrist for years or another science based tattoo, I just feel that I should have at least one tattoo based on science. This site is a huge inspiration as well. http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/loom/science-tattoo-emporium/

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.