£1.79 Next Day delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  1. Tattoos..your opinions?

    1251026458
    happyanal [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 6
    • Joined: 21 Aug 2009

    Well I can assure it was not meant with offense. Hey, I have a tattoo but "I don't think tattoos look good at all." doesn't offend me. I guess maybe I could've worded my comment to reflect more personal opinion, but fair enough.

    1251027633
    Lubyanka [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 879
    • Joined: 9 Jan 2007

    happyanal wrote:

    Well I can assure it was not meant with offense. Hey, I have a tattoo but "I don't think tattoos look good at all." doesn't offend me. I guess maybe I could've worded my comment to reflect more personal opinion, but fair enough.

    I consider "tattoos, Ew!" to be quite different to "I don't think tattoos look good at all", so I'm not surprised you wouldn't feel offended by the second one. I appreciate that you meant no offense, I really do. I just think that sometimes carelessly worded messages can be disrespectful, sometimes nobody will bother pointing this out, and sometimes things can escalate if somebody doesn't point it out, especially online in a textual context.

    Thank you for taking more care, I really appreciate it. :)

    1251030265
    mybadx [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 162
    • Joined: 13 Aug 2008

    Lubyanka wrote:

    happyanal wrote:

    Well I can assure it was not meant with offense. Hey, I have a tattoo but "I don't think tattoos look good at all." doesn't offend me. I guess maybe I could've worded my comment to reflect more personal opinion, but fair enough.

    I consider "tattoos, Ew!" to be quite different to "I don't think tattoos look good at all", so I'm not surprised you wouldn't feel offended by the second one. I appreciate that you meant no offense, I really do. I just think that sometimes carelessly worded messages can be disrespectful, sometimes nobody will bother pointing this out, and sometimes things can escalate if somebody doesn't point it out, especially online in a textual context.

    Thank you for taking more care, I really appreciate it. :)

    Well said Lubyanka.
    I have to say that i would be more offended if someone said that my tattoos were Eww, but if they said it like Personally i dont like tattoos but what you do with your body is upto you, or of that context really wouldnt bother me. And as for the excess hair remark i totally have to agree as when i was pregnant it was rather difficult for me to shave my legs and other areas so i asked the OH to help me with it and i did feel quiet paranoide sometimes if they hadnt been done for several days etc. So if the OH came out with a remark like that or anyone i would be quiet upset about it and sometimes people cant help but have some excess body hair.

    xx

    1251031301
    Lubyanka [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 879
    • Joined: 9 Jan 2007

    Actually, body hair on women isn't "excess", it's genetically predetermined and absolutely normal.

    Hairlessness (at least in this context) is a deliberate removal of normal hair, not a reduction of "excess".

    Thank you mybadx for your comments. :)

    1251035000
    mybadx [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 162
    • Joined: 13 Aug 2008

    Happyanal what would you class as excess hair as all women are diffrent, some have excess facial/stomach/back hair some more visibal than others. While some women tend to remove it others take the choice not to. Would it put you off a women if she had some?

    Iam also confused at the original statment..

    happyanal wrote:.

    but I think the female body looks great as it naturally is. (not in the case of body hair though! Ew!)

    Dosent that therefore mean excess body hair, leg hair and pubic hair? They way they were intended to be before added features ie tattoos peircings or removed ones?

    xx

    1251035474
    happyanal [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 6
    • Joined: 21 Aug 2009

    I am fully aware of the sensetivites that people can have. When my other half was pregnant I too had to help her with her hair maintenance, because she wanted to still be able to be in control of any leg/armpit/intimate area hair.

    I think that what has happened here is that I have written something that has potentially caused offense due to the fact that no emotion can be conveyed through text, and I should have taken that into account, coupled with people reading into my comment a bit too much!

    Again, as it was my post it is of course my own opinion, to which we are all entitled. So please don't read any deeper in to it, it really is just an opinion and I fully respect the fact that a lot of you wouldn't like my appearance/facial hair/haircut/tattoos/etc, and I don't take offense because I know it is just a particular person's view. The last thing I am here to do is offend, so please understand that it was a simple comment that I could've worded a bit better.

    1251041525
    Lubyanka [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 879
    • Joined: 9 Jan 2007

    happyanal wrote:

    I am fully aware of the sensetivites that people can have. [...] I have written something that has potentially caused offense due to the fact that no emotion can be conveyed through text, [...] with people reading into my comment a bit too much!

    [...] The last thing I am here to do is offend, so please understand that it was a simple comment that I could've worded a bit better.

    I appreciate that you intended no offense. However, I disagree that the content of your message is created by the people who read it. I don't think you can legitimately blame me for attributing negative judgement to your words of "female body hair Ew!". Those were your words, not mine, and my reading of them had nothing to do with you choosing them and writing them and how inappropriate they were.

    Also, I disagree that text is incapable of conveying emotion. If text were completely emotionless, then the people using it would have to be too. Since people experience emotion, and express themselves using text, then I think that blaming text for your careless wording is unproductive and unlikely to help.

    Now, this is only an example of emotion conveyed using text, but if I were to write something like "You useless filthy pig!", I'd say that was a pretty emotional message, to which any person is likely to respond emotionally. If your position is true in all cases, then any offense any person were to take from that would have to be based on them "reading into my comment a bit too much". And I think that a reader is legitimately entitled to take offense at offensive content, which includes disrespectful judgements such as your expressed on women's body hair.

    1251042678
    happyanal [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 6
    • Joined: 21 Aug 2009

    I was referring to the fact that you cannot see expression/tone of voice (as I believe you previously pointed out) and therefore can't see that I am not meaning it with malice.

    That proves my point really as there was another comment taken the wrong way. Personally I don't believe my previous comment inappropriate, just not as clearly worded as it could've been. Maybe another way of looking at this is that peope should not read into things so much when actually the comment was of innocent intent. There are always different views. Again that is a matter of personal opinion, I respect your opinion there. Fair enough.

    1251043554
    PPB [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 106
    • Joined: 23 Jan 2009

    I have got 3

    2 coloured- one of which is very vibrantly coloured. I drew the design when I was 16 then had it done on my lower back at 18 - 6 years later the many colours are just as vibrant and beautiful as they were the day it was done, if it had been black only-it just wouldn't have suited the design-or MY personality and for me the different hues and tones on it really set it off.

    I agree some just look right black/grey or one tone. my last one is on my inner wrist and is a serious quotation which means a lot to me and what I have been through during my life and to splash that with wacky colours would totally contradict the meaning/message of it for me.

    I also think if a guy said to me he didn't like me BECAUSE of my 3 tattoos I would think I was better off without him and that it is a pretty shallow comment to make, I understand people don't like them in general that's their choice, right? But to go as far to say they don't like YOU because of tattoos thats just silly! That's kind of sterotyping. " I really like you and I reckon we would have a fantastic relationship but- you have tattoos and I can't be with you because of those." Can you imagine that! Same with piercings- Personally I like them and I have one which I really love, and after all it's all about doing it for yourself as long as you love it and it makes you happy

    Each to their own and sod everyone else if they don't like it!

    PPB

    x

    1251044789
    mybadx [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 162
    • Joined: 13 Aug 2008

    PPB wrote:

    Each to their own and sod everyone else if they don't like it!

    PPB

    x

    Sumed up in one small sentence there PPB

    xx

    1251045131
    mybadx [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 162
    • Joined: 13 Aug 2008

    I appologise happyanal if you think i have read to much into what you said but to me it seems asthough you have said 2 things being the opposite to each other in one sentence.
    and i just asked a simple question to you that being would it put you off a women if she had some excess body hair?

    xx

    1286991623
    xxxxchelzsxxxx [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 249
    • Joined: 9 Sep 2009

    I LOVE tatoos!! on myself, and my husband... the bigger the better I say!!

    I have his first initial on my pelvic bone... as well as many more all over!! x

    1286992455
    Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2581
    • Joined: 18 Apr 2010

    For me it depends on the tattoo and the person.

    I find tattoos that are just tattoos that hold no real meaning unattractive.

    I find tattoo art and tattoos that hold meaning attractive.

    I also find lovers names very silly, names of parents or children I do not.

    I want to get a tattoo, I have been thinking about what I want exactly for almost 3 years to make sure I dont regret it.

    I prefer full colour if they are done nicely.

    1286995776
    Lovebunny12 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant
    • Posts: 12
    • Joined: 10 Oct 2010

    If they are done well, suit the person and arnt trampy then yea I like them on a guy but on a girl if they have too many they just look physically dirty haha.

    1286995879
    xxxxchelzsxxxx [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 249
    • Joined: 9 Sep 2009

    MasqueradeMinx wrote:

    For me it depends on the tattoo and the person.

    I find tattoos that are just tattoos that hold no real meaning unattractive.

    I find tattoo art and tattoos that hold meaning attractive.

    I also find lovers names very silly, names of parents or children I do not.

    I want to get a tattoo, I have been thinking about what I want exactly for almost 3 years to make sure I dont regret it.

    I prefer full colour if they are done nicely.

    I had me ex's name on my ankle.. recently had a cover up done and now love it loads lol!! I have my daughters name as shes my baby lol... Ive got many tattoos and all on a whim, and i love each and everyone of them loads!!

    I think you should... its a great experiance x

    1286997630
    cheshire kat [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 87
    • Joined: 7 Feb 2010

    I love tattoos too, for me though the meaning is important too.

    I have one on the back of my neck to commemorate a really shitty 18 months - 2 family members died, a close friend commited suicide, and ex boyfriend OD'd and I finally divorced my alcoholic husband. but also my sister got married and had the most beautiful baby. I got it to celebrate endings and beginnings.

    I have also designed a phoenix to go on my ribs, but its going to cost :(

    Love tattoos on other people, make and female.

    1286997829
    Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2581
    • Joined: 18 Apr 2010

    xxxxchelzsxxxx wrote:

    MasqueradeMinx wrote:

    For me it depends on the tattoo and the person.

    I find tattoos that are just tattoos that hold no real meaning unattractive.

    I find tattoo art and tattoos that hold meaning attractive.

    I also find lovers names very silly, names of parents or children I do not.

    I want to get a tattoo, I have been thinking about what I want exactly for almost 3 years to make sure I dont regret it.

    I prefer full colour if they are done nicely.

    I had me ex's name on my ankle.. recently had a cover up done and now love it loads lol!! I have my daughters name as shes my baby lol... Ive got many tattoos and all on a whim, and i love each and everyone of them loads!!

    I think you should... its a great experiance x

    Thats what I was saying sweetie, you got that tattoo thinking you were going to be together forever, you werent and so you had a tattoo that you had to cover up.

    I love my OH to bits but I can never be sure nothing will happen so therefore I wont get a tattoo of someones name.

    I hope this didn't sound harsh.

    I am thinking of getting a beautiful butterfly when I am finally slim to symbolize a new beginning with a new body.

    x

    1286997830
    Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2581
    • Joined: 18 Apr 2010

    xxxxchelzsxxxx wrote:

    MasqueradeMinx wrote:

    For me it depends on the tattoo and the person.

    I find tattoos that are just tattoos that hold no real meaning unattractive.

    I find tattoo art and tattoos that hold meaning attractive.

    I also find lovers names very silly, names of parents or children I do not.

    I want to get a tattoo, I have been thinking about what I want exactly for almost 3 years to make sure I dont regret it.

    I prefer full colour if they are done nicely.

    I had me ex's name on my ankle.. recently had a cover up done and now love it loads lol!! I have my daughters name as shes my baby lol... Ive got many tattoos and all on a whim, and i love each and everyone of them loads!!

    I think you should... its a great experiance x

    Thats what I was saying sweetie, you got that tattoo thinking you were going to be together forever, you werent and so you had a tattoo that you had to cover up.

    I love my OH to bits but I can never be sure nothing will happen so therefore I wont get a tattoo of someones name.

    I hope this didn't sound harsh.

    I am thinking of getting a beautiful butterfly when I am finally slim to symbolize a new beginning with a new body.

    x

    1286998168
    xxxxchelzsxxxx [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 249
    • Joined: 9 Sep 2009

    I think that would be lovely MM xxxxx

    1286998335
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6177
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    Very much depends. I don't like so many that are common, I've never found sheep (sheeple sheep not sheepy sheep, well not them either!) attractive. I'm a bit of a romanticist when it comes to bodies and like a classical shape, mostly unblemished artificially. Some tattoos are good though, I like some things that mean stuff, like some quotes but they often seem pretentious.

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.