£1.49 Next Day delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  1. Tattoos..your opinions?

m3nf [sign in to see picture]

I have 2 tat's and i personally love them, my second tat was designed by my wife, so means alot to me :)

I love to see my wife have a tat also, thou not to many, i think there is such a thing as body art.

Puppies77 [sign in to see picture]

Malteser81 wrote:

Tattoos r a personal thing... u either love them or hate them. I had a couple when I was younger and they were just because I could and now I dont like those and want them removed. I now have one on my forarm which is my birth sign and the fact that im a scorpio and can be quite a viken in bed I and my OH find it sexy. For our first anniversary we will both be getting half of a chinese tattoo that reads forever which will symbolise our eternal bond (without branding ourselves, been there done that and getting it removed... see above! lol), will move on to having my girls names on my wrist and then another on my foot. I find them beautiful and somthing to be proud of. They can tell stories and I admire them.

I agree. I like tattoos on men and women. I'ts not such a sexual turn on for me personally, I just think they are works of art on your body. My OH however thinks they are incredably sexy and can't wait for me to have more done. (I only have 1 so far).

Student20 [sign in to see picture]

I've only got one going from my neck to the small of my back, which is yet to be finished. Once I get some spare cash I'll finish it off one day.

I like tattoos on the opposite sex, although not crappy tacky ones like playboy bunnies. And too many tattoos that don't complement each other is just plain weird. Look at Allie Sin for example, good looking lady but loads of awful tattoos. Not sexy.

DesignDude [sign in to see picture]

Student20 wrote:

I've only got one going from my neck to the small of my back, which is yet to be finished. Once I get some spare cash I'll finish it off one day.

I like tattoos on the opposite sex, although not crappy tacky ones like playboy bunnies. And too many tattoos that don't complement each other is just plain weird. Look at Allie Sin for example, good looking lady but loads of awful tattoos. Not sexy.

yeah that is a shame! a good example of tattoos not being considered properly! I think as someone mentioned earlier there is an art to it and it can be the difference between a stickman and picasso!

Little Lady [sign in to see picture]

I'm not a HUGE fan of lots of tattoo's on males but in an odd way if they have arm muscles and have sleeves on them they look alright.

I would like a tattoo in the future but nothing major as I don't like the whole OTT style tattoo's. My older brother has a sleeve tattoo, one of his forearm, one on each of the back of his legs and a tattoo at the top of his arms and yet he covers them all up. Whats the point?!

But with females some tattoo's can look horrible but some can be pretty. Like for an example Lisa in BB at the moment, I hate her tattoo's as they're all SO RANDOM!

My best friend has some random tattoo's too! She has a panther and a wolf on her tummy and an angel on her back which she designed in memory of her grandmother. She got the panther underage and the wolf when she was old enough.

I think my biggest peeve with tattoo's is when people get them done because they like them and they have no reason. My tattoo will have a meaning behind it, but tattoo's with no meaning are the biggest turn off! ;)

Ramble over! =P

Little Lady wrote:

I think my biggest peeve with tattoo's is when people get them done because they like them and they have no reason. My tattoo will have a meaning behind it, but tattoo's with no meaning are the biggest turn off! ;)

Ramble over! =P

That's sort of the reason I think random tattoos are so bad. If you really liked The Simpsons would you get one of the characters tattooed on your arm?

Another thing I despise is people getting maori style (or other tribal styles I guess) tattoos from some random bloke next to a chipshop. If you went all the way to New Zealand and got a genuine Maori practising tattooist to do one properly I could understand, but these days all tribal stuff is starting to blur into a big untrendy mess.

Little Lady wrote:

I don't think all tattoos need to have a reason behind them! if you like the appearance then that's fine in my opinion! people don't have a meaning behind their hair styles or peircings etc! Both of my tattoos have a meaning behind them but that's coincidental

I think for some it's about artistic expression, some it's about meaning and others it's just about changing the way they look to either improve their looks, fit in or just draw attention to themselves!

for the record this post isn't intended to have a negative/argumentative tone, it's easy to read badly in text format lol!

Little Lady [sign in to see picture]

Hehe I see what you mean DesignDude but I know many of my friends and family who have had random tattoo's done and regret it as it was just a random pick they did out of the book at the tattoo place.

Another peeve of mine is with badly done tattoo's! My cousin came back to my aunts with a bow tattoo on her hip and it looks so old and smudged and in urgent need of a touch up and when I asked her how long she'd had it she said "I've just come back from having it done!" The tattooist she went to is... a shit hole. I've known of my younger cousins and friends to go in and get tattoo's done and not even get asked for ID and they're blantently under 18 years of age. Any tattooist that does that isn't a very good one I feel.

But anyhoo, reason why I haven't got my tattoo done yet is because I want to go to a good place that will do a good job and I won't need to worry about getting a touch up a week later. =P I'd love to go to LA for a tattoo but a bit of a daft reason to go there in the first place. =P

By the way, sorry if I'm ranting I'm just used to talking about tattoo's and piercings from previous threads like this one on other threads I'm on. ;)

A good tip on choosing a decent tattoo place is to ask and see some of their previous work, if they don't have any or don't want to show you then walk away. I went to a half decent place and when they showed me the sketch of my design it looked pretty good and I was fine to go on, obviously there was an error between the artist's stool and the tattoo gun. It's not horrible but I'm going elsewhere to get it finished and touched up.

I never got asked for ID either, never really questioned it though.

Little Lady wrote:

Another peeve of mine is with badly done tattoo's! My cousin came back to my aunts with a bow tattoo on her hip and it looks so old and smudged and in urgent need of a touch up and when I asked her how long she'd had it she said "I've just come back from having it done!" The tattooist she went to is... a shit hole. I've known of my younger cousins and friends to go in and get tattoo's done and not even get asked for ID and they're blantently under 18 years of age. Any tattooist that does that isn't a very good one I feel.

But anyhoo, reason why I haven't got my tattoo done yet is because I want to go to a good place that will do a good job and I won't need to worry about getting a touch up a week later. =P I'd love to go to LA for a tattoo but a bit of a daft reason to go there in the first place. =P

By the way, sorry if I'm ranting I'm just used to talking about tattoo's and piercings from previous threads like this one on other threads I'm on. ;)

I agree with you completely! i had onr of mine done on holiday in cyprus! 2 things there, NEVER get a tattoo done on holiday even if the tattoo was planned earlier because the "artist" might not be up to scratch! The second thing NEVER go to the built up touristy bits of Cyprus cos it's horrible lol!

My bad experience with tattoos is the one reason i moan a lot lol! i hope in doing so i can stop people from making the same mistakes!

and i'm with you on the LA thing! i'd deifintely go and get a proper good quality tattoo done even if it was all that way! would totally be worth the money!

SteSilver [sign in to see picture]

Absolute turn off for me. There are few things that would turn me off a woman quicker than a tattoo.

On holiday a few years back I went back to a gorgeous woman's hotel room only to find she had a dolphin tatoo on her bum and some pointless Celtic symbol around her belly button and it really distracted me after that!

I just think they look tacky and they're totally unncecesary. Bodies are sexy enough without ink.

Each to their own though.

SteSilver wrote:

Bodies are sexy enough without ink.

Oh hells yeah! i don't think anyone will disagree with that! lol

Salvadore [sign in to see picture]

total turn off for me, like things natural...

Aquabunny [sign in to see picture]

I have 4 tattoos - they don't have any deep meaning but they are all unique and were designed specifically for me. If a guy didn't like them, well that's his loss!

SmoothOne [sign in to see picture]

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Hahah! I had only heard of that, that one time!

The "your name" tattoo I've heard over and over again..

Funnily enough, was talking to a guy today regarding something similar (don't ask), and he came up with the winning slogan 'rich in Omega 3'. I didn't find it particularly funny and couldn't see it catching on. Just crude and degrading to women....laughed like hell tho. (so gonna get lynched for this comment)

WandA [sign in to see picture]

Anoyone seen the rather scary dragon knob...

*Off on a web mission*

That was easy!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ocalacaj513/3387767947/

Looks more painful than I remember

Gulp...

Firecracker [sign in to see picture]

Yeeeowser!!! That must have hurt

Firecracker [sign in to see picture]

I am saving for something like this but with a hint of colour, have part designed it but needs finishing!

http://www.tattoo-designs-tattoo-ideas.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/sexy_tattoo_girl_back_tattoo.jpg

I don't personally like fairies... but that is a sexy back!

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.