99p Next Day delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  1. Doc Johnson lying about materials - PHTALATES and Dildology

Ron Burgundy [sign in to see picture]

S&S wrote:

Call me sceptical, but I'll wait on some real research to come out on this before completely discrediting Doc Johnson. This site looks like it's just set up by a bunch of mates with an idea, and there's absolutely no concrete scientific information on the site at all.

So for now, I don't think people need to lose their minds with this - and I'm not entirely sure the Lovehoney staff will leave a thread which slanders a large enough company based on some dodgy information open for too long.

The more I think about it and look at the site, the more it looks like a simple money-grabbing scheme. That's just my opinion though.

Gotta agree with s+s on this one, im suprised this thread is still going. You maybe correct in what you say but calling doc a disgusting lying company is going a bit too far surely.
    Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]

Ron Burgundy wrote:

S&S wrote:

Call me sceptical, but I'll wait on some real research to come out on this before completely discrediting Doc Johnson. This site looks like it's just set up by a bunch of mates with an idea, and there's absolutely no concrete scientific information on the site at all.

So for now, I don't think people need to lose their minds with this - and I'm not entirely sure the Lovehoney staff will leave a thread which slanders a large enough company based on some dodgy information open for too long.

The more I think about it and look at the site, the more it looks like a simple money-grabbing scheme. That's just my opinion though.

Gotta agree with s+s on this one, im suprised this thread is still going. You maybe correct in what you say but calling doc a disgusting lying company is going a bit too far surely.

That is what I think, even if they don't contain the phtalates, though I am extremely dubious about it I have had a reaction off a doc johnson toy that was claiming to be skin safe rubber. No it really wasn't.

MandiVonSweiss [sign in to see picture]

Despina Rose wrote:

That is what I think, even if they don't contain the phtalates, though I am extremely dubious about it I have had a reaction off a doc johnson toy that was claiming to be skin safe rubber. No it really wasn't.

Which Doc Johnson toy was it?

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

I admit that the want to be safe with sex toys means that I generally only go for glass or steal or silicone toys, in case of silicone, its mainly from Lelo. Where I know I will be safe, rather than using something which may potentially harm me. I know it means that I cannot have so many toys and my choice is bit limited, but I think that it is worth it.

Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]

I just checked, the material was later changed to jelly but was said to be skin safe rubber when I got it. It was the Mushroom plug. My review is here. http://www.purplepassions.net/review-doc-johnson-mushroom-plug/

Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]

ghostgirl wrote:

Can someone at Lh comment on this one, particularly regarding the descriptions and materials part of your product pages?

xGGx

Transparency and accuracy is important to us so I’m happy to clear this up.

As a retailer we ask for product material details from the manufacturer and we display these on product pages as they are provided to us.

Our position on phthalates is that we no longer stock new lines that contain phthalates, and we are actively going back over all our product lines and replacing them with non-phthalate alternatives. Lovehoney’s own brand products - those we control the manufacturing of - are phthalate-free.

I think the topic should be approached in as measured and non-inflammatory way as possible. For that reason, I think this particular thread should be closed - but please note that discussion of the topic is not off limits and a new thread coolly discussing the facts as we have them can be started.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.