£1.99 Monday delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  1. Campaign Against Pink

    1248738617
    SEXYGET 69 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1795
    • Joined: 1 Dec 2008

    I like a bit of pink!

    SG69 x

    1248739030
    OperationFilth [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 528
    • Joined: 12 Oct 2008

    WandA wrote:

    If you can see the colour, are you sure you're doing it right?

    i see your point, but especially for women, visual appeal does matter to at least some degree... i mean, i own some dildos that were bought partly cause they looked the way they did (take the jelly double dildo - i picked black because its slutty and intimidating, etc (to me at least) and that turned me on)

    if colours/designs didnt matter, no one would make a range of colours in their products, but they do so there must be some appeal!

    1248741969
    TLA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 85
    • Joined: 23 Feb 2009

    how about black toys? For some reason I've always found them a bit of a turn-off.

    1248742251
    OperationFilth [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 528
    • Joined: 12 Oct 2008

    i like my black double dildo - looks more... i dont know.. slutty? i guess. i love the look of it :D

    1248742784
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6177
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    LivingFire wrote:

    i see your point, but especially for women, visual appeal does matter to at least some degree... i mean, i own some dildos that were bought partly cause they looked the way they did (take the jelly double dildo - i picked black because its slutty and intimidating, etc (to me at least) and that turned me on)

    if colours/designs didnt matter, no one would make a range of colours in their products, but they do so there must be some appeal!

    It does matter to some extent and I do understand that, as I said I found my experience disappointing with the make your own cock kit but I just don't understand HATING a colour. I just think its people being a bit too picky. I guess we all have our irrational peeves!

    1248742944
    TLA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 85
    • Joined: 23 Feb 2009

    WandA wrote:

    LivingFire wrote:

    i see your point, but especially for women, visual appeal does matter to at least some degree... i mean, i own some dildos that were bought partly cause they looked the way they did (take the jelly double dildo - i picked black because its slutty and intimidating, etc (to me at least) and that turned me on)

    if colours/designs didnt matter, no one would make a range of colours in their products, but they do so there must be some appeal!

    It does matter to some extent and I do understand that, as I said I found my experience disappointing with the make your own cock kit but I just don't understand HATING a colour. I just think its people being a bit too picky. I guess we all have our irrational peeves!

    Sorry to go off-topic, but why was your experience with the moulding kit disappointing? I'm asking as I've contemplating getting one of them. Which one did you buy?

    1248743649
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6177
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    I carnt remember which one, it comes in a clear tube with a red label. It was just a browny coffee colour, not my skin tone when I ordered the lightest colour, was a year of two ago. It went horriblely wrong for me during moulding but that was my fault really.

    I have used the mould a pussy kit too! That worked alot better moulding... but the mould was a really stupid shape.

    They were more difficult than I imagined.

    1248744291
    TLA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 85
    • Joined: 23 Feb 2009

    Was it this one:

    http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=2448

    It's got rather positive reviews...

    1248744846
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6177
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    Yeah, the instructions are better now anyway, as I said, it was mainly my fault I think.

    I just think it's really fiddley. I wouldn't suggest getting it as a surprise. It's hard to concentrate, while staying hard and not panicing because you only have about a min window to do it. Use it with a partner.

    1248747264
    miss fortune [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 26
    • Joined: 28 Jun 2009

    I think colour invokes images in your mind. Like LivingFire likes black cause it seems slutty, but I find it a nice comfortable colour ( but maybe that's because I'm bit of a metalhead =p ) I don't like pink, never have. I wouldn't buy a toy cause the colour looked "cool" but if I had a choice of pink, black or red, I wouldn't pick pink. At the same time if a toy was only available in pink I'd buy it as it still gives pleasure.

    1248778762
    OperationFilth [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 528
    • Joined: 12 Oct 2008

    miss fortune wrote:

    I think colour invokes images in your mind. Like LivingFire likes black cause it seems slutty, but I find it a nice comfortable colour ( but maybe that's because I'm bit of a metalhead =p ) I don't like pink, never have. I wouldn't buy a toy cause the colour looked "cool" but if I had a choice of pink, black or red, I wouldn't pick pink. At the same time if a toy was only available in pink I'd buy it as it still gives pleasure.

    as am i, my dear ;)

    1249165356
    Me and her [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 37
    • Joined: 21 Jun 2009

    I like them in black, apart from the glass ones, but i like everything in black. She on the other hand would like them like every thing else all pink and sparkly, but for some reason not blue or green.

    she even wants me pink and sparkly, maybe like a giant toy?

    1249165792
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6177
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    LivingFire wrote:

    I don't know if people have noticed but the Erotic Rocket [http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15359] is now also in black/yellow rather than pink/purple colour combo... I like the new black one, but my sturdy ol' pink one is still doing the business very well so it doesnt need replacing yet! :)

    It looks like a taser in black!

    1249178038
    Little Lady [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 280
    • Joined: 6 Aug 2008

    I don't mind the colour too much, it's what the toy does that matters to me! =P

    I'm not a huge fan of pink though and I would hate that shop you spoke about, pink everywhere? Ew! =P

    BUT I do prefer the colour blue to pink. ;)

    1249318248
    Malteser81 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 851
    • Joined: 2 Aug 2009

    In life i;m deff not a pink girl kinda person but I ant help but be frawn to pink sex toys. Strange maybe but it could be because i'll always know where they are as they'll be the only pink things I really own! lol

    1249319787
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6177
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    Just don't come to associate everything pink with sex toys!

    1278450184
    merry cherry [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 433
    • Joined: 5 Feb 2009

    Lubyanka wrote:

    Darth wrote:

    I have no problem with pink being available, I just hate when it's the ONLY colour availble. Because it's very much a little-girls-and-barbie colour to me.

    I've got that little-girl-barbie response to pink too. I hasten to add, I'm not saying pink = bad, I'm saying that I have a strong response to the colour pink which feels unpleasant to me.

    Yep, i agree wholeheartedly! Especially pastel pinks! x MC x

    1278451115
    smirnoff09 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 623
    • Joined: 22 Apr 2010

    I have to say it is not the colour i think about but how good it works

    1278452417
    CurlyCoupleWife [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 641
    • Joined: 14 Aug 2009

    I can't say that colour is the most important factor but if toys are available in a different colour than pink I'll tend to pick the other colour.

    (unless it's blue - kinda clinical which isn't my thing)

    1278453272
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6177
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    A bit off topic but I get annoyed with the breast cancer stuff that is about £4 but they give a whole 5p to the charity! Whooop de bloody do!

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.