FREE 1 Day Delivery - Spend £50 and 24-hour tracked delivery is FREE
  1. Erotic Asphyxiation

    1288827601

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2373
    • Joined: 30 Oct 2008

    yeah maybe i have gone on about it a bit mm but i have been strangled for real it ain't too nice at all

    1288827843
    Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3406
    • Joined: 2 Feb 2008

    lickmadick wrote:

    yeah maybe i have gone on about it a bit mm but i have been strangled for real it ain't too nice at all

    But that doesn't stop people enjoying the aspects of restriction play. As long as people are playing safe and not upsetting other people then really throwing insults their way is unfair.

    Adx

    1288827933
    BashfulBabe [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 716
    • Joined: 24 Apr 2010

    lickmadick wrote:

    yeah maybe i have gone on about it a bit mm but i have been strangled for real it ain't too nice at all

    But the difference lies in intent. I've been hit out of violence, but it doesn't make me think a couple of concenting adults spanking each other is remotely the same, even if the physical act is. Hell, even look at concentual sex versus rape: what's the difference, except for the intent behind the act? Intent and concent might seem like minor things, but they can make the world of difference.

    1288827940

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2373
    • Joined: 30 Oct 2008

    i'm not throwing insults at anyone at all

    1288828543
    BashfulBabe [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 716
    • Joined: 24 Apr 2010

    I think it's more the insinuations that "something's not right" with people who enjoy this, or that "no one cares about the dangers" like everyone's doing this without any awareness. A warning like you first posted, about "please be careful" is fine, because it just shows concern, but then continuing to talk as if everyone's too dumb to get it, or posting in another thread about how you were scared people were going to die from it (might have been intended innocently, but did come across a little passive-aggressive) is just going to make people feel insulted. most of the talk here has been about the dangers, and how to best avoid them, so it's unfair to assume, or appear to assume, that anyone is walking into this kind of play empty-headed.

    1288828967
    Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3406
    • Joined: 2 Feb 2008

    BashfulBabe wrote:

    I think it's more the insinuations that "something's not right" with people who enjoy this, or that "no one cares about the dangers" like everyone's doing this without any awareness. A warning like you first posted, about "please be careful" is fine, because it just shows concern, but then continuing to talk as if everyone's too dumb to get it, or posting in another thread about how you were scared people were going to die from it (might have been intended innocently, but did come across a little passive-aggressive) is just going to make people feel insulted. most of the talk here has been about the dangers, and how to best avoid them, so it's unfair to assume, or appear to assume, that anyone is walking into this kind of play empty-headed.

    Well put BB - you're so good at explaining things!

    This is an adult forum where we are all open minded about things - some of the posts seemed a bit judgemental which in turn comes across as an insult to me.

    Adx

    1288829959

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2373
    • Joined: 30 Oct 2008

    So please tell me if i can't talk about my concerns and worries who should i talk to?Stop trying to analyze everything that's said and listen to some people on here who care about others safety .Sometimes it seems as though i'm talking to some kids who can't take a bit of advice .If this offends or winds you up at least you have heard my words

    1288830577
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6177
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    lickmadick wrote:

    So please tell me if i can't talk about my concerns and worries who should i talk to?Stop trying to analyze everything that's said and listen to some people on here who care about others safety .Sometimes it seems as though i'm talking to some kids who can't take a bit of advice .If this offends or winds you up at least you have heard my words

    Of course you can express your concerns however also respect that people are free to do as they wish once you have raised those concerns and telling people 'there's something not quite right' is likely to upset a few people. Saying something is not quite right judges an private action amongst consenting adults that you have no right to judge, I understand it's unlikely you meant to make such a judgement but it certainly appears that way when you use the word 'right'.

    People can take advice, but that does not mean they have to do as you say. They may very well choose to ignore you as is their right, because they choose to not heed that advice does not make them 'like kids', it makes them independently minded adults.

    1288830654
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6177
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    *a private action

    Apologies for the poor punctuation, typing fast before going out!

    1288830995

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2373
    • Joined: 30 Oct 2008

    Hey i raised a few eyebrows and got you going i rest my case someone is listening wether they agree or not thank you very much

    1288832230
    BashfulBabe [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 716
    • Joined: 24 Apr 2010

    All you said was "it's dangerous", which everyone agrees with. The trouble is you haven't given anything to actually think about, just reiterated that fact several times. No one's arguing against that fact, or against your right to post concerns, just how you've gone about it has come across very judgemental and insulting.

    Making a point isn't about "raising a few eyebrows" or getting folks' backs up, otherwise we'd all listen to the trolls instead of the decent arguments. Maybe just try to make it less of an attack, where 'I'm right, and if you disagree in any way, you're an idiot' is the entire crux of your argument. Just respect for other peoples' intelligence will make them more inclined to listen than berating them and comparing them to dumb kids.

    1288832991

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2373
    • Joined: 30 Oct 2008

    Hey i repeated the fact a couple of times because people kept the thread going .And we should be able to have a decent discusion on here with people agreeing more often instead of trying to scientificly analize everything after all we are talking about sex here and some of the weird things that some of us get up to

    1288833813
    BashfulBabe [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 716
    • Joined: 24 Apr 2010

    People are perfectly allowed to keep the thread going: just because one person pops on and says "I don't like [insert fetish here] and think it's a bad idea" does not mean everyone else should be banned from discussing it further, or insulted if they try to.

    1288834399

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2373
    • Joined: 30 Oct 2008

    What are you on about now ?Who was talking about people being banned about airing their opinions on any subject and if you feel you been insulted then say so and that should be enough said shouldn't it

    1288834985
    Ecksvie [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1173
    • Joined: 11 Jun 2009

    Ugh.

    People will continue to engage in erotic asphyxiation because they enjoy it. They know it's dangerous, but they are aware of the risks and take care not to overdo it.

    I'm really sorry you have had a bad experience of asphyxiation outside of a sexual context, but that doesn't mean other people will stop doing it. As with many of the more 'extreme' fetishes, you don't have to condone them, but as long as nobody's forcing you to have anything to do with it, is there a problem?

    1288835058

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2373
    • Joined: 30 Oct 2008

    Sure is you hit the nail right on the head

    1289094878
    Gigi44 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 10
    • Joined: 6 Nov 2010

    I have only had a few men do it to me, and I have to know them and trust them not to go too far with it... if done right, and at the exact time that you are about to have an orgasm, it is the most amazing and incredible feeling. The lack of oxygen makes the orgasm that much stronger and more powerful, and you feel as though you could faint from the sheer pleasure. It is not true strangulation and is not a scary thing, It can be as simple as his hand pressing down against your throat, so you can easily push his hand away if he presses too strongly. It doesn't have be both hands holding your neck and squeezing or any kind of tie around it. I love the feel of his hand pressing down on my throat... the sense of domination, and trust and power...

    1289694080
    maccess [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 157
    • Joined: 28 Sep 2010

    i love it just as she cums the bigger the orgasam the bigger the squeeze. helps me cum harder, any girls wanna give it a go i am game.... lol

    1289697090
    Wench [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 13
    • Joined: 15 Jan 2009

    First time back on the froums after a while and I see this thread.

    Me and my OH do practice erotic asphyxiation,him on me.We have been together for 4 years,married 1 year and been practing BDsm for roughly 3 years,started after our son was born.

    Before om OH even tried this we talked about it,looked online anout it and the procs and cons,the horror stories and everything about it. In the edn we gave it amild go,him holding my nose and yes it did highten everything.

    the next time he pressed lightly on my neck,I enjoyed that even more.He knows how far he can go and I've never ever blanked out.

    We enjoy it for a number of reasons: The dominance/submission thing turns us both on,the fact I'm trusting him fully,the lack of oxgyen really really turns my orgausms into something differrent.

    We don't do it every time,and when I have a cold we never do it,too dangerous.

    If you enjoy erotic asphyxiation you enjoy it,if you don't you don't.But as with any sex act it is always best to find out all the informtaion you can about it first,talk about it as adults with no preassure then decide. Not just jump in both feet first and risk major badness.

    1289697868
    Ilovemyman [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 614
    • Joined: 7 Dec 2009

    trollstar wrote:

    the choices i made befor i was a mother are not the choices i make now, i'll do nothing that endangers me

    I agree, it's not my thing anyway but i wouldn't risk it now even if it was x

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.