£1.29 Next Day delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  • Wait! We think you’re in the US - Lovehoney.com is a better site for you.
    Shop there and get 10% off!
    United States Flag
    Go to Lovehoney.com
  1. I wanna be bare down there!

Northern lights [sign in to see picture]

Ms NL swears by waxing - the trick is the right salon who can do the "do" you desire!

She goes completely bare down there, which apprently isnt rare at all now, and the salon girl says is de rigure....

Kinkyfish [sign in to see picture]

My wife also waxes, she has a girl come round to do it, ive asked to watch but she doesnt let me. Im sure its not just waxing going on!!!!!!!!

merry cherry [sign in to see picture]

Menoptera wrote:

Razors just don't work, of any type, because the re-growth is too fast.

Hair removal cream actually makes my inner labia bleed, which isn't much fun.

I think you must have been unlucky with the waxing and it could be worth trying again with a different person carrying out the torture, sorry, the treatment. Some people are definitely better at it than others!

I now use a combination - I pluck the hair on my mons with tweezers right down to level with my clitoris and then have the rest waxed. Tweezing yourself is definitely less painful, if boring and timing consuming, but once you've started it, it quickly becomes less of a chore. If you keep up the tweezing, you'll soon find you're only having to remove a few hairs at a time, because it all grows at a different rate.

And because you're taking it out by the root, the hair certainly regrows more slowly and more finely, or even gives up altogether if you use a hair regrowth retardant cream on the plucked area.

This applies to the waxed area as well - I've been doing this for a long time now and my waxing girl only charges me half price because there's so little left to rip out!

I have a problem with hair removal too but i found plucking very painful and can only pluck certain areas as some areas can gat unbearably sore when plucking. I also find i get spots around the whole area and in-grown hairs when i pluck. I'm too shy to get waxed to be honest so im kinda stuck shaving! Dont know what else to do really as im a wuss with pain! and i have sensitive skin.

WandA [sign in to see picture]

Kinkyfish wrote:

My wife also waxes, she has a girl come round to do it, ive asked to watch but she doesnt let me. Im sure its not just waxing going on!!!!!!!!

I've never thought about home waxing. Good idea! But if it was at home I'd probably want it very cheap..

titania [sign in to see picture]

I love the sound of home waxing! I wish someone was doing that round here.

I love being bare down there but I've had to settle for keeping it trimmed for the time being. I tried shaving with a very gentle product (Lush Dreamwash) but although I loved the results I didn't really get the benefit of it because I seemed to get thrush and/or cystitis as a result. It could have been a coincidence, it made me feel really horny so perhaps it was the resulting sex that caused the problem?! However, I've always struggled with using products down there - they seem to upset the balance . Not good.

I used to have my bikini line waxed and although quite painful that worked well for me. I would like to try a full wax but I think I would find it really embarassing. There is no way I could have had the bikini wax lady do it! Do they tend to be good at putting you at ease? I bought a waxing kit to try it myself at home but I'm worried I'll get it horribly wrong. If I could find a home waxer I think I'd be more likely to try it.

It really does help to pop two aspirins 30-40mins before!

headsouth wrote:

WandA wrote:

pop them where?

Snigger!

Would ibuprofen work? I'm not really an aspirin person...

headsouth wrote:

titania wrote:

headsouth wrote:

WandA wrote:

pop them where?

Snigger!

Would ibuprofen work? I'm not really an aspirin person...

What defines an Aspirin person?? then again I think I've had them about twice in my life compared to a million paracetamol and ibuprofen, so maybe I should shut up.

That is a good question. I read online use aspirin, perhaps it has other sideeffects that are useful too. Use Ibu if you want, it does still hurt a bit like.

I once went for a bikini wax when my period was due. I hadn't heard its more painful then. I'll never make that mistake again...

I suspected there may be something specific about aspirin. I'll have to get some. Its all ibuprofen and co-codamol in this house - I blame my hubby for leading me astray. Hes a co-codamol junkie!

titania wrote:

I once went for a bikini wax when my period was due. I hadn't heard its more painful then. I'll never make that mistake again...

I suspected there may be something specific about aspirin. I'll have to get some. Its all ibuprofen and co-codamol in this house - I blame my hubby for leading me astray. Hes a co-codamol junkie!

Pump yourself up with them and you'll probably enjoy being waxed!

Tupperwareheart [sign in to see picture]

Some great tips here!

Unfortunately i'm so sensitive down there, i've tried everything, waxing, shaving.. it all causes spots and generally ouchyness. So not what you want when you're going for the sexy look! So i guess i'm stuck to keeping things trimmed.. Which is annoying cos the Mr definitely wont give me any good tongue loving unless it's all gone *sulk* ;)

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

Try exfoliating before and after shaving and shave regularly (like every 2 or 3 days) for a few weeks and see how that helps. Oh and shave with the grain of course :)

I used to be bad with it until I tried that.

Adx

jackador123 [sign in to see picture]

Go for it exfoliation away!

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

*adds exfoliator to shopping list* Guess a rough flannel would do the job too really..

Cheers.

I'd imagine exfoliator may be a little gentler though....mix sugar and olive oil or sugar and honey for a cheaper option....olive oil might be better actually and rinse well to avoid yeast infection.

Adx

Laana [sign in to see picture]

I have tried almost every hair removal treatment possible, I like lace panties and I don't like the look of hair with them.

Shaving is the quickestbut last's for the shortest length of time and couses the most irritation-plucking takes forever and hurts but if the skin is pulled tight and you pull the hair out in the same direction of growth youwont feel it most of the time, even on the sensitive bits. waxing is good, I would deffinatley recomend a solon, if they use baby powder, or I think you guys call it talcom powder(?) itwill beless painfull cuz the waxwont stick to your body. they also have different kinds of was from the sticky honey like type to the (blue in my experience) candle wax type, the latter cousing much less pain. I have tried waxing all those down there bits myself which didn't work as well, make sure you are trimmed to between 3/4 and 1 cm because if you are too long it will hurt a lot. the hair removal creamsburn in places and results are the same as shaving exept for fewer bumps, but note that it tends to remove a layer of skin, not painfull but you will notice a lightening of your tanned areas. I do love laser, I came to england before I finished my treatments though so I still havea bit of hair, it works best on dark course hair, which is good for your down there bits. They recomend a numbing cream, which soaks into your skin and effectivly numbs your skin so you wont feel anything! so I would also recomend it for waxing if you find that too painfull. but everything you try will get better over time, and less painfull. exfoliate all the time, even if you have a big bush, it is good for you and your skin. oh, and epilators hurt more then waxing or laser in my oppinion... if that counts for anything.

toycar69 [sign in to see picture]

Hmm, I saw on yahoo the other week that a few companies including Boots are now selling permanent hair removal products. It was something like laser, only heat / IR instead I think.

http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Smooth-Skin-Intense-Pulsed-Light-hair-reduction-system_117122/

Not cheap I grant you, but there's no reason why groups of like minded individuals couldn't share the cost. Takes 6-12 weeks, but once done its done for good. Think of the money saved on wax, razors etc over time.

DrtyBoy [sign in to see picture]

Use code PPAT66 for an extra 10% off (and quidco)

[suspended user]

suspended user

DrtyBoy wrote:

Use code PPAT66 for an extra 10% off (and quidco)

sounds good i'l try cos i love it when i'm smooth

DrtyBoy [sign in to see picture]

never tried it myself, i trim but thats about it.

[suspended user]

suspended user

need to mate it gives more sensation to both peeps

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.