• I wanna be bare down there!

Wizzie86 [sign in to see picture]

I can't epilate either Ecksvie (youch). Waxing is so much better but expensive. I actually veeted and shaved a couple of days ago. I'm very suprised that it didn't irritate my skin like it used to. Might do it again if I can't afford a proper wax x

Wizzie86 [sign in to see picture]

Yeah I've had partners veet and they said it was easier than shaving. I get a little paranoid with the very as it ended up somewhere very sensitive once and hurt for days :-(

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

I shave but I might have to stop

Any tips on hair removal for very, very sensitive skin would be fab!

Ax

WandA [sign in to see picture]

AdnaW wrote:

I shave but I might have to stop

Any tips on hair removal for very, very sensitive skin would be fab!

Ax

Going to let me grow that sexy beard then?

Which one should I choose?

http://s2.b3ta.com/host/creative/48071/1272056810/trustbeard.jpg

Student20 [sign in to see picture]

Nexas wrote:

I tend to shave when wanting to get rid of that hair. May try veet sometime though!

I've tried using veet and it doesn't seem to fare very well. It will get rid of most of the hair but usually leaves about 0.5mm in some areas whilst it is completely smooth in others. That's with the 'sensitive' flavour. I have the 'man' flavour but it does exactly the same thing only in a blue tube.

For me, shaving leads to ingrown hair on occasion so I tend to just keep everything trimmed rather than bare. I prefer having some pubic hair but strangely not on my wedding veg, not sure why though.

Student20 wrote:

Nexas wrote:

I tend to shave when wanting to get rid of that hair. May try veet sometime though!

I've tried using veet and it doesn't seem to fare very well. It will get rid of most of the hair but usually leaves about 0.5mm in some areas whilst it is completely smooth in others. That's with the 'sensitive' flavour. I have the 'man' flavour but it does exactly the same thing only in a blue tube.

For me, shaving leads to ingrown hair on occasion so I tend to just keep everything trimmed rather than bare. I prefer having some pubic hair but strangely not on my wedding veg, not sure why though.

Exfoliating before and after shaving and doing it regularly should stop the ingrown hairs! Worked a treat for me!

WandA - no you're not growing a beard.

Ax

Muz333 [sign in to see picture]

SusieSmith wrote:

I'm having Laser treatment to remove mine permanently. It's expensive, but worth every single penny. I hate shaving and the regrowth problems!

That's something I'd think about doing eventually. I and my girlfriend currently shave but it's time consuming and a hassle with shaver spots. If laser treatment wasn't so expensive I'd do it in a second. The very thought of never shaving again and being perfectly smooth for good is a dream.

BashfulBabe [sign in to see picture]

Student20 wrote:

I tried Veet (or Immac, dunno why they changed it, both sound silly and it seems to be the same stuff in teh tub), and always had the same problem, was like it melted the ends of the hairs, then got bored and left you like you'd had a bad shave. Although I was also using the sensitive one, the patch test on the normal stuff burned the flesh off me, so not a hope of it going near anything delicate!

I use the sensitive Nair now, it seems to do a better job. Still leaves a trace of some of the tougher hairs, but usually a repeat treatment cleans up the left-overs (next day usually, don't like re-using such harsh creams immediately after just in case it makes me flare up), or if I'm desperate I can handle a shave (it leaves your skin fairly nice, so the razor cuts a little closer, and the hair is weakened so it's thinner growing out), or even a bit of light plucking if I can be bothered.

For some reason, I really don't like totally baldy-crotched guys. Just seems too staged or something. Even just a neatly trimmed little tuft somewhere out of the way will do, but no Ken doll looks for my taste. Only thing worse is the "stubbley bollocks" blokes, honestly, it's like trying to suck off a porcupine. I'd imagine. *cough*

Thin One [sign in to see picture]

I used to shave my pubic hair but it looked rather strange as I've fairly hairy legs, abdomen and chest. Now I just shave my balls and trim the pubic hair down.

little_miss_shy [sign in to see picture]

i find waxing works well for me. i can't afford to have it done at a salon, so i just buy the leg wax strips for sensitive skin and then trim them into small strips so they're easier to manage. and i only need to do it every 2-3 weeks so it is probably no more expensive than buying decent razors. it hurt like hell the first time but i find its ok now except for the bit around my clit which is so painful that i usually just use tweezers for that bit. also, the more you do it the better you get (it takes a few goes to master the technique) so its worth percevering. the skin goes a bit pink but i don't really get a rash around the area, although for some strange reason after waxing down there i always get a rash on my arms.... what's that all about???? and gentle exfoliating and moisturising seems to stop any nasty bumps or ingrowing hairs.

as for you bikini epilators... i have epilated my legs and underarms for years and don't find it painful, but my god i nearly died when i tried to do my bikini line! you all must have an increadibly high pain threshold! x

Bit of a random question... but...

Does anyone who waxes suffer with annoying 'sticky' feeling skin afterwards? Any solutions?

headsouth wrote:

WandA wrote:

Does anyone who waxes suffer with annoying 'sticky' feeling skin afterwards? Any solutions?

Sugaring. Apparently. Gonna try it one day. Honest.

It's not the actual wax, more the skin feeling sticky... I was wondering if I should talm 'em up or something.

headsouth wrote:

sweaty? Yeah sure. Talc appears to be the future.

Nope not sweaty! It's hard to describe, it just leaves the skin with a strange friction.

WandA wrote:

headsouth wrote:

WandA wrote:

Sugaring. Apparently. Gonna try it one day. Honest.

It's not the actual wax, more the skin feeling sticky... I was wondering if I should talm 'em up or something.

Oil.

You been waxing for me again baby? *Is excited*

Adx

WandA wrote:

headsouth wrote:

sweaty? Yeah sure. Talc appears to be the future.

Nope not sweaty! It's hard to describe, it just leaves the skin with a strange friction.

I had that once when I got it waxed in a dodgy salon. No idea what it was, but they also left me bleeding, and with quite a lot of hair left, which did not make me keen to go back. Other few times I had it done, I went to another place, and they put a soothing gel on afterwards (think it was really just aloe vera in a shmancy bottle), so there was no stickiness. Never tried it myself, since I tried doing my own legs and that was even more disasterous than dodgy-salon-trip, so I'm the last person I'll let near my lady parts.

But anyway, with the stickiness of weirdness, I just went with Sudocrem and fresh air and it went away after a while. Not a sexy look, sitting nekkid with your legs slung apart and your crotch covered in medical-smelling goo, but that then a very cool and no-product shower once the cream's soaked in seemed to stop the whole flaps-to-thighs attachment. Yeah, it felt about as sexy as that sounds. :)

BashfulBabe wrote:.

I had that once when I got it waxed in a dodgy salon. No idea what it was, but they also left me bleeding, and with quite a lot of hair left, which did not make me keen to go back. Other few times I had it done, I went to another place, and they put a soothing gel on afterwards (think it was really just aloe vera in a shmancy bottle), so there was no stickiness. Never tried it myself, since I tried doing my own legs and that was even more disasterous than dodgy-salon-trip, so I'm the last person I'll let near my lady parts.

But anyway, with the stickiness of weirdness, I just went with Sudocrem and fresh air and it went away after a while. Not a sexy look, sitting nekkid with your legs slung apart and your crotch covered in medical-smelling goo, but that then a very cool and no-product shower once the cream's soaked in seemed to stop the whole flaps-to-thighs attachment. Yeah, it felt about as sexy as that sounds. :)

Thank you for the response!

As you so eloquently put it it is like that, I think the waxed bit is just sticking to the unwaxed bit, the leg hair doesn't help! It did seem to help with a baby wipe but I was expecting it to sting using one, it did a little.

Poor mites are tender at the mo but feeling less sticky except for the hairy legs! It takes me a few months to bother doing it again... not a coincidence that it is also the time it takes me to remember how annoying it is. Once I've used up the box I think I'll give up on the waxing.

WandA wrote:

Once I've used up the box I think I'll give up on the waxing.

x

WandA wrote:

Once I've used up the box I think I'll give up on the waxing.

Eloquence is overrated. :)

Don't give up though, definitely try a decent salon first. Might be a bit expensive, but it's an amazing experience if you get into it, all pampering and such. Soon as I get rich and famous, I'm booking a regular session! Just have to find a talent worth selling now. They might even recomment a better home-use brand, since I know some folk have trouble with various brands cause of different consistencies and what-not.

Salons sound the best option... but these strips were about a fiver and I've already used them 3/4 times. I'm probably giving up after using these anyway but I might reconsider and look into different brand.

WandA wrote:

Salons sound the best option... but these strips were about a fiver and I've already used them 3/4 times. I'm probably giving up after using these anyway but I might reconsider and look into different brand.

I'll go to a salon if you do?

Adx

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.