• Wait! We think you’re in the US - Lovehoney.com is a better site for you.
    Shop there and get 10% off!
    United States Flag
    Go to Lovehoney.com
  1. Internet Dating

honeybun91 [sign in to see picture]

I have before although obviously not ended well lol, I would def def need to get to know them a bit before meeting and even then might not know everything about them until a few months in when their true colours show. Although can say that about any relationship wherever you meet them. Just be careful they're the person in the pic ha

Throbinhood [sign in to see picture]

haha yes honey lots of men pretending to be women too :) Please should always be honest as they get found out in the end :)

NiceGuyNorthEast [sign in to see picture]

Been on for a while and having a break at the moment, I just find that a lot of people are faceist (if that is even a word) and it is too easy just to dismiss on looks.

Had a few dates, they went ok, but also had a lot of wasted time.

Tallish Darkish & Average [sign in to see picture]

Hi, going to bump this thread so those of us looking can give a bit of support, help and suggestion in the minefield that has become online dating.

Now, I am very new to this and, having a few issues putting the first message down any advice happily received.

Basically I've spotted a few profiles and due to lack of a reply rate am after help. One of the prospective lucky ladies shares an interest one doesn't, both profiles are fairly thin on information but have several pictures.

After several non replies from both people with similar interests and otherwise just wondering if anyone has any ice breakers for want of a better term. Anyway thanks in advance.

Adam17 [sign in to see picture]

I met my ex online we spoke for around 2 years then finally got together. We were together 7 years and have a gorgeous son. Unfortunately we broke up quite recently but the time we had was amazing. Internet dating is not strange or something to be ashamed of, it's how people meet each other now. Times are changing

ShyAndChatty [sign in to see picture]

I'm on OKCupid because have been advised here and it was good advice as the very good thing about it is you have to write a bio and it's nice to see that some men write loads on them sometimes!!! However in my opinion i feel like i am a product on a shelf on a black friday because basically you can browse profiles and hit like (so if you click a few it's like you fill your trolley) so every day i got a list of people who like me but they don't message me so i wrote on my profile don't hit like if you are not going to message me (i just find it annoying because if i like someone i hit like and message straight away so i don't see why guys shouldn't be the same) or when i decide to message after all oh well let 's give a shot right? Then they don't even have the decency to reply which is even more frustrating, i already didn't want to do dating online and i have to say I'm not impressed but at least i think I've made a friend who lives in the area so little success i suppose, i think I'm just frustrated i havmet my OH yet 😔😔😔

capt [sign in to see picture]

Internet dating approached with an open mind and no preconceptions is great - I met my ex-gf (OK, not a good example) and my now-wife (much better ending!) through internet dating. We've been together over six years and married for the last two and a half years. It was on either Match or Match Affinity (I forget which... you can tell I'm now married). You'll know pretty quickly who the time-wasters are, or who's not really interested. For me, both successes just arose from an inital attraction to the other profile, then emailing back and forth and from basic likes/dislikes mentioned, the conversations opened up quite quickly and became very natural, leading on to phone calls and then meeting in person. If conversations hadn't opened up fairly quickly from the initial basics, it would probably have indicated to me that it wasn't necessarily gonna be a match (or match affinity?) made in heaven. These days it can be pretty difficult to meet the opposite sex due to university / careers / moving frequently for jobs or education, etc, all of which are far more common than they used to be. Society is far more accepting of this as well, contrary to years ago when it used to be seen as a last resort. I used to be quite shy around the opposite sex, whereas my best mate at uni was always seeing someone, vastly more confident than me, etc... we both ended up meeting our wives online. I avoided the freebie sites with the view that a paid site might indicate members are a bit more serious about a relationship, but that's just personal preference. I'd definitely recommend not going in desperate to meet Mr/Mrs Right instantly and live happily ever ever. Just relax and enjoy the experience and hopefully you'll meet someone special. Nothing to lose, and nothing ventured...

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.