£1.79 Next Day delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  1. One night stands, acceptable for women to do so?

CurlyCoupleWife [sign in to see picture]

STDs aren't just a problem for young women. Genital herpes is most prevalent amongst men aged between 45 and 64 most new HIV cases are in people aged 30-34.

I actually think that young people are a lot better educated about these things than the media give them credit for.

For your research I would suggest looking into which groups of people are most likely to catch STDs and also whether various STDs are becoming more prevalent (for example, Gonorrhea is on the decline) before drawing the pre-conceived conclusions that the media encourages us to believe.

Women should "be allowed" to do what they please with regard to their sex-life so long as they either use barrier methods or ensure that they get themselves and their partners tested. What difference does gender make? If you believe promiscuity is at fault then surely men are as much to blame as women?

Good luck with the research, please keep an open mind when studying.

CCW

WandA [sign in to see picture]

Doug wrote:

Loves huni wrote:

well my oh's response was

"if a key opens every lock - its a master key, if a lock is opened by any key, its just a shitty lock!"

not at all sexist that one , although why is it if a guy sleeps with a new woman every week hes a "lad" if a girl sleeps with 3 different guys a year she is a slut??

I see scope for growth in this analogy...

It's hard to unlock the door if you don't oil your lock. (Sex is hard without lubrication)

What if your door doesn't require a lock because you can get in the back entrance? (Anal fun)

Some people have a Yale lock but only take a mortice key. (Some people are gay)

Sometimes you lose your key. (Floppiness)

Sometimes your key gets stuck. (Priaprsms)

Some locks have slidey covers. (Hymens)

It's hard to open a door if someone leaves the key in the other side. (Sex with someone sexing someone else might be difficult)

Everybody likes a nice keyring. (Cock is not enough)

Etc...

Now, where did I put that career as an erotic novelist?

Mr Monster [sign in to see picture]

BashfulBabe wrote:

I'm always a little suspicious of the 'shocking' numbers saying how much STDs are rising by. Remember, population numbers are rising, too, so I'd be more interested to see the infected to uninfected ratio than a flat "X more than last year!" that doesn't account for more people overall equalling more sexual encounters even if all else stayed the same.

Then there's the fact that with a larger number of the population infected at the start of this year to the start of last - allowing for the spread of infections during the previous year even by a small percentage of the originally infected - means that there are more potentially infected partners out there in any given year than in the previous, so even at the same rate of infection-spreading, a larger number of new infections will obviously show up than the previous year.

I'm quite cynical when it comes to statistics and funky graphs that hide more than they show.

BB, I think I may just have developed an itty bity science-crush on you!

Go on, ask if the figures are statistically significant, I dare ya!

Mr Monster [sign in to see picture]

Doug wrote:

although why is it if a guy sleeps with a new woman every week hes a "lad" if a girl sleeps with 3 different guys a year she is a slut??

Assuming (as we are evolved to do) that sex = pregnancy, or at least the expectation of pregnancy, you can read a lot into these different responses. A man having several different partners may have several children, who he ought to have the resources to support and raise, thus his promiscuity serves a genuine function beyond his own pleasure ( yeah, I know, but stick with me!) and he is seen as more of a successful man, while a woman may or may not get pregnant from a particular encounter, but in any case can only be pregnant once in 9 months. Any extra partners therefore serve no reproductive purpose, and must be for her pleasure alone. So here you get the idea of "slut" from more than one partner in a year, or two in close succession.

And never forget the supposed fear of a man dedicating valuable resources to support a child that turns out not to be his. A woman who sleeps around raises the possibility of that scenario in the eyes of every man, and thus she is feared and reviled by all.

Technology can change behaviour in an eyeblink, but human instincts and responses take far longer to catch up!

BashfulBabe [sign in to see picture]

Mr Monster wrote:

BashfulBabe wrote:

I'm always a little suspicious of the 'shocking' numbers saying how much STDs are rising by. Remember, population numbers are rising, too, so I'd be more interested to see the infected to uninfected ratio than a flat "X more than last year!" that doesn't account for more people overall equalling more sexual encounters even if all else stayed the same.

Then there's the fact that with a larger number of the population infected at the start of this year to the start of last - allowing for the spread of infections during the previous year even by a small percentage of the originally infected - means that there are more potentially infected partners out there in any given year than in the previous, so even at the same rate of infection-spreading, a larger number of new infections will obviously show up than the previous year.

I'm quite cynical when it comes to statistics and funky graphs that hide more than they show.

BB, I think I may just have developed an itty bity science-crush on you!

Go on, ask if the figures are statistically significant, I dare ya!

Yay!

*brain-grope*

^_^

Minxbaby [sign in to see picture]

I have only every had three boyfriends in my life - one at 16, my first hub at 19 and now my current hub at who I met when i was 31.

I have had "sexual" relations with over 30 men - so basically, the majority of them have been ONS.

My take on it was - I wanted sex, but just didn't get around to getting a boyfriend - I just used to go out, chat blokes up and then make my move - they didn't pick me up it was the other way around.

I will have to admit as well, that quite a few of these were between 16 and 19 and bearing in mind this was back 1986/1989 and in the CI, safe sex wasn't the norm.

Looking back, I was lucky not to have caught something ore got pg.

I don't believe that there is anything to be ashamed about with ONS - I am not ashamed of what I did and compared to quite a lot of people, am in very low numbers!

It really annoys me when people start slagging off (parden the pun) women who have had ONS calling them all sorts of names - it's down to the choice of the woman and if she is happy with the situation, then it's no-one elses business.

Gigi44 [sign in to see picture]

I think women have just as much right as men to have one night stands... sometimes all you need is some great sex, without the danger of falling in love and getting hurt. STD's are not caused by one night stands, but by not having safe sex...

Reaperr [sign in to see picture]

I cant be too judgemental on this as i have never had a ONS. lost it last year n been with my girlfriend since..

Id agree with men and women can do whatever they like with their sex lives, however. i dont think its attractive to sleep with a lot of people. maybe thats more aimed at the younger people.. because they go around trying to see whos slept with the most, n i think its rank when people do it for popularity or because of insecurities.. maybe im just a weirdo haha

but there are people as young as 12 now starting to have sex. and i think lifes changing a bit too much!

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.