99p Next Day delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  1. Shaving if the man is hairy everywhere

Sam66 [sign in to see picture]

I know there have been a few threads about men shaving 'down there' but I couldn't find anything that answered my question so apologies if i missed it ... not unlikely ...!

My scenario / question:

I am fairly hairy all over - my chest and legs are very hairy, my shoulders and back becoming more so I get older (nature's joke?!?!?)

In your various opinions then does a hairy man like me look odd if his 'nether regions' are hairless. Is it better to be natural or shaved or neatly trimmed (which could look i.m.o just as odd)

I'm not brave enough to have all my hair removed! And thankfully my OH likes the hairy chest and legs. I quite like the idea of hairless knackers (I'm sure the sensations must be enhanced without hair), but as I spend a bit of most days naked with other men (in the gym showers before you get the wrong idea!!) I don;t want to be thought of as odd ...

WandA [sign in to see picture]

I think men look a bit odd shaved anyway, never the less I'll do it sometimes for the OH.

If you're worried about social pressures perhaps trimming above your cock really well is the best idea and shaving your balls. No one will notice your balls unless they get close enough! Perhaps it would be a good idea to 'blend' any shaving or trimming you do decide to do.

Trimming might be best ... I get some shears in the morning!

Wicked Willy [sign in to see picture]

I think trimming is the way to go. Although I am not a hairy person (increasingly less on my head...) trimming your nether regions looks OK.

Is it tricky to ensure 'even-ness'?

I don't like lopsided things - my OH thinks I'm a bit OCD like that!

You could always go to the barbers and ask their profession opinion...

I know this rather sexy blonde hairdresser ...

Trimming is more comfortable too!

And then they ask is there anything else they can do for you. If only...

Mr Monster [sign in to see picture]

Sam66 wrote:

Nooooooooo!

My friend, you have come to the right place. I am, much like yourself, a very hairy man. Not long or thick hair, but it's everywhere. And occasionally, I do like to do some serious hair removal from the most important area.

Just stepped out of the shower now, as it happens.

So, what I would really like to share with anybody who's interested is NEVER, NEVER let and mechanical clippers anywhere near any skin that could be described as "baggy" or "wrinkly". I still have a mark from last week when I accidentally let them get too close and ended up with a line of four nicks all up one side of my balls. And it's not easy to put a plaster on, let me tell you!

My recipe for success is -

• A hot shower
    • A new safety razor blade (yes, I know they're expensive, but treat yourself!)
    • Shaving oil. Not soap or foam, they wash off too easily. You want to stay slippery until finished!

Oil up, grab hold of something stretchy, and pull taut; work gently with the grain (in the direction of hair growth) to remove the long stuff. You'll probably need to rinse/wipe your razor after every stroke to stop it clogging. If you want, you can then work back against the grain of the stubble for a silky-smooth finish.

Just remember - razors work on flat surfaces, so keep adjusting your grip so that the bit you're doing is always stretched. A really sharp razor is a good idea; Snagging is bad, Mmmmmkay?

Best of luck, and let us know how you get on!

MrMr

jackador123 [sign in to see picture]

Try a full body shave because just bare in that one area will be weird. Its a hassle but the gains are greater

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

If you're going to shave rather than trim - then exfoliate before and after. Trust me, it just works!

Prevents the itchy in grown hairs.

Adx

Mr Monster wrote:

Sam66 wrote:

Nooooooooo!

My friend, you have come to the right place. I am, much like yourself, a very hairy man. Not long or thick hair, but it's everywhere. And occasionally, I do like to do some serious hair removal from the most important area.

For the pubis you numpt!

Best to shave or wax the balls.

WandA wrote:

Mr Monster wrote:

Sam66 wrote:

Nooooooooo!

For the pubis you numpt!

Best to shave or wax the balls.

I know that! What do you think I was trimming when I drifted too close to the wrinkles?

And I'm ashamed I missed the perfect opportunity to use this smiley -

It was really much like that. And I had to finish one-handed while holding a bandage in place with the other!

Mr Monster wrote:

I know that! What do you think I was trimming when I drifted too close to the wrinkles?

And I'm ashamed I missed the perfect opportunity to use this smiley -

It was really much like that. And I had to finish one-handed while holding a bandage in place with the other!

Forgive the off topicness but I used to go to a barbers that had 3 old fellas, 2 were proper gents, talc'ed, hot flannels the works... A proper male pampering.

The problem was the mental Italian man who worked there, grouchy fucker. I once came out with 4 tiny holes in my neck where he stabbed me with the shaver! It was like I'd been bit by a really tiny vampire twice.They scabbed over too... Bastard.

WandA wrote:

Forgive the off topicness but I used to go to a barbers that had 3 old fellas, 2 were proper gents, talc'ed, hot flannels the works... A proper male pampering.

The problem was the mental Italian man who worked there, grouchy fucker. I once came out with 4 tiny holes in my neck where he stabbed me with the shaver! It was like I'd been bit by a really tiny vampire twice.They scabbed over too... Bastard.

"Old fella" in this case not being a euphemism?

I know exactly what you mean. I wish it had been my neck.

Thanks for this guys ... bloody hell ... perhaps I'll make do with being hairy! your posts make me cross my legs with anxiety ...!

I don't want an accidental circumscision ...

Anyone tried those electric thingamys by Wilkinson Sword (I think) for trimming purposes?

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

I use this http://buy.wilkinson-sword.co.uk/detail-WSWOME001A.html

That what you mean?

http://buy.wilkinson-sword.co.uk/detail_WSMENR001I.html male version.

And I answered your Q in this thread if you're interested (forgive me, in far too much pain to type out the answer again) http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/orgasm-army/sex-tips-and-advice/191291-any-recomendations-for-trimming-pubic-hair/

Adx

Sam66 wrote:

Thanks for this guys ... bloody hell ... perhaps I'll make do with being hairy! your posts make me cross my legs with anxiety ...!

I don't want an accidental circumscision ...

Anyone tried those electric thingamys by Wilkinson Sword (I think) for trimming purposes?

Yep.

The Wilki sword Quatro ones are good because of the wire grills on 'em, makes cutting bits by accident a bit harder, the trimmer will do but it obviously takes longer than some other method. You will have to remove the plastic cap to cut any hair there though. There are however useful for trimming above and shaving below!

(Make sure you take the batteries out when not using too, they die in it really easily)

I have to admit I just use a comb and scissors when trimming. The comb prevents the blades getting too close to the skin.

Thread closed

This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.