• Sex and Stress?

Cuddly Hubby [sign in to see picture]

I've just emerged from a stressful couple of months (hence my disappearance from the forum for a while) during which my sex drive went through the floor. I was anxious in the mornings and tired in the evenings -- and hence not in the mood at practical times. Even when I "forced" myself to have sex, my performance was well below par.

Things are improving now and my sex drive has come roaring back, but it's manifesting itself at awkward times -- in the middle of the day or the middle of the night. During the day, I make a mental note to follow it up in the evening, but by then I feel tired again and sex seems like a chore. Often, I'll then sleep for a few hours and wake up in the small hours feeling horny and unable to wait until the morning.

Hopefully this is just a transient phase, but it's darned annoying.

XXXGXSTRINGXXX [sign in to see picture]

I dont think stress affects my sex drive, i dont think much does to be honest and I think sex is an excellent stress reliever..

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

Sorry you're having a stressful time CH!

I've experienced similar lately with my joints flaring out of control my sex drive has been lower than ever, I've not even felt like trying to get into sex (which I usually rely on having a low sex drive anyway) because I've been so exhausted and fed up and annoyed and stressed.

Though finally something's clicked - my joints have suddenly gotton loads better, I'm less worn out and suddenly I feel like it again although the sex drive is only coming back slowly but definitely returning.

Adx

merry cherry [sign in to see picture]

I actuallyget more horny when I'm stressed! I find it the best way to release all that pent up tension. But It's a bit different when I'm feeling depressed. When I get depressed it makes me feel unattractive and as if nobody would want to go there and everything is negative. Also anti-depressants often cause a low sex drive. I never really had that when I was taking them, it was more the fact that the depression takes away so much confidence.

But I think stress effects my girlfriend inthe sex drive department sometimes.

merry cherry [sign in to see picture]

I actuallyget more horny when I'm stressed! I find it the best way to release all that pent up tension. But It's a bit different when I'm feeling depressed. When I get depressed it makes me feel unattractive and as if nobody would want to go there and everything is negative. Also anti-depressants often cause a low sex drive. I never really had that when I was taking them, it was more the fact that the depression takes away so much confidence.

But I think stress effects my girlfriend inthe sex drive department sometimes.

Cuddly Hubby [sign in to see picture]

Alicia D'amore wrote:

I've experienced similar lately with my joints flaring out of control my sex drive has been lower than ever, I've not even felt like trying to get into sex (which I usually rely on having a low sex drive anyway) because I've been so exhausted and fed up and annoyed and stressed.

Though finally something's clicked - my joints have suddenly gotton loads better, I'm less worn out and suddenly I feel like it again although the sex drive is only coming back slowly but definitely returning.

I'm sorry to hear that, but I'm glad to hear that things seem to be getting better for you now.

merry cherry wrote:

I actually get more horny when I'm stressed! I find it the best way to release all that pent up tension.

I wish I could do that too! When I'm stressed and low, I feel reluctant to initate sex with my wife, as I expect it to be below par for us both and therefore likely to put me off even more. I'm tempted to masturbate for quick relief without pressure, but I feel a bit ashamed about resorting to that. It's such a stark contrast with when I'm relaxed and sex between us usually goes really well and easily.

Dirty Red Angel [sign in to see picture]

When I'm stressed (which has been a lot recently) sex is literally one of the last things I think of.

I may play solo to release some tension but I'm doing it just as a release, not really in substitute of sex if that makes sense.....

Feeling horny is one of the last emotions I feel unless someone is blatantly teasing me / winding me up but even then there's no follow through as I'm too busy and stressed!!

Liquidsugar [sign in to see picture]

Dirty Red Angel wrote:

When I'm stressed (which has been a lot recently) sex is literally one of the last things I think of.

I may play solo to release some tension but I'm doing it just as a release, not really in substitute of sex if that makes sense.....

Feeling horny is one of the last emotions I feel unless someone is blatantly teasing me / winding me up but even then there's no follow through as I'm too busy and stressed!!

That's exactly how I am too.

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

I am currently suffering from lower sex drive, I think its because the dissertation is coming soon, in like 2 weeks, I am still uncertain about the PhD. And I actually crashed from exhaustion on Saturday - stomach was upset, and my whole body felt heavy and I had serious headache. Trying to get more sleep to avoid it, but as I am always tired after sex I sort of can go without it for much longer than before. And its harder for me to orgasm on my own, when masturbating, with partner I get far more into it. Still my toys apart from Kegel exercisers, were not used since I think Saturday, when I used the Siri to relax my tensed muscles on low vibrations. But I have my partner here overnight, so I think they will be today.

So stress and sex does not get on too well for me.

Lusciousone [sign in to see picture]

Libido and sexual activity are normally the first thing to go and the last thing to come back when suffering from stress or depression and are normally a good milestone for assessing your perceived levels of stress.

An off day is different and a little relief is quite often what is needed.

rose hip [sign in to see picture]

Saw this thread on the front page while trying to write up a quick review of the Noemie ceramic dildo. I'm not sure what it is aside from lack of vibrations, but this lovely is giving me slow, quiet and deeply relaxing orgasms. From Nymphomaniac's review, her experience of it has been relaxing as well. It's been especially good for nights when I'm having trouble falling asleep.

The item page says that it's being discontinued :-( so I thought I'd mention that aspect of it here while it's still available.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15150

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.