• Wait! We think you’re in the US - Lovehoney.com is a better site for you.
    Shop there and get 10% off!
    United States Flag
    Go to Lovehoney.com
  1. deep throat

sookie101 [sign in to see picture]

I have tried and faild at attempting deep throat. is there anyway you can teach youself to get past the gag reflex? if so how? i heard that if u sqweeze your thumb it helps but im to scared to try it

im sorry if this has been posted before but i havent seen it

[suspended user]

suspended user

practise makes perfect xx

Ecksvie [sign in to see picture]

If you type in the search bar at the top, there should be plenty of results.

The only thing I can say is practice. Keep pushing yourself, but not too far. I've heard reports of deep throating causing people to vomit - not sexy!

linda2008 [sign in to see picture]

you need to pratice,,,and just takeyour time its not easy doing it all about pratice

Kitty_McPlunder [sign in to see picture]

Theres a really helpful post from LoveHoney on this thread:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/orgasm-army/sex-tips-and-advice/72188-learning-to-deepthroat/

Lots of helpful tips there, I reckon so anyway. :-)

Pinkilious [sign in to see picture]

Just keep practising and try to pretend your yawning it can help relax the muscles : )

*Emma* [sign in to see picture]

If you kindof swallow as you deep throat but with your mouth open obviously that helps but best thing to do is start slow and see hwo you go x

Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]

I have just learned, move with your tongue and find out what suits you so you dont gag that often.

chels18 [sign in to see picture]

i find different positions work... 69 is the easiest and as you get used to it, change positions x

sweetcherry24 [sign in to see picture]

The trick is to completley relax, if you think to much about deep throat your going to gag.

But i like gagging and so does my ,its the feeling they get when your throat goes in to spasm

sookie101 [sign in to see picture]

thanks for the advice folks xx

shellyboo [sign in to see picture]

If you wrap your left thumb with your fingers and push your thumb into your palm, that works. Unfortunately for me, I use my left hand to like, hold and stimulate when I'm giving head!

How me and my boyfriend do it is I lie down with my head propped up and take it slowly til I get warmed up... then he takes over with a bit of thrusting. I do gag, but that's half the fun! Controlling your breathing is really important as well, make sure you've either just breathed in fully or out fully before you try and take it in your throat... otherwise you'll feel like you need to breathe!

timid-adventurer [sign in to see picture]

I've never had a problem with deepthroating, you just need to take it slow, make sure he's nicely lubed up and just enjoy the sensation of feeling something that far down rather than immediately feeling you're going to choke and die!

A few of my friends have tried hanging their heads over the edge of the bed to open their throats up but you have to trust your bloke not to thrust!!!

timid-adventurer wrote:

I've never had a problem with deepthroating, you just need to take it slow, make sure he's nicely lubed up and just enjoy the sensation of feeling something that far down rather than immediately feeling you're going to choke and die!

A few of my friends have tried hanging their heads over the edge of the bed to open their throats up but you have to trust your bloke not to thrust!!!

I have also tried, I have always said you trust, I bite HARD. Needless to say he's never done it.

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

timid-adventurer wrote:

I have also tried, I have always said you trust, I bite HARD. Needless to say he's never done it.

Yeah a guy always has to be careful when your teeth are near his prized possession! I've allowed the whole lying down and letting a guy thrust into my throat thing but I feel a bit like a glorified fleshlight!

timid-adventurer wrote:

Yeah a guy always has to be careful when your teeth are near his prized possession! I've allowed the whole lying down and letting a guy thrust into my throat thing but I feel a bit like a glorified fleshlight!

Lol, never really seen it like that but now you mention it

Nymeria [sign in to see picture]

I watched a programme on YouTube on sex tips etc. One was on oral sex.

To bypass the gag reflex you try and yawn inside- if that makes sense? It opens up your throat.. I haven't tried it and I'm guessing it still takes practice to keep that up for so long lol but there is logic to that tip.

Goodluck!

lookslikefun [sign in to see picture]

........boring but practical, pracise on a long dildo that's the dame diameter as your OH's gear. You can try all these tricks, head back, lean and push, yawn, swallow, down-in-one, inhale stick out tongue and press and any other shamanic tricks you care to mention and build a little confidence and body-recognition while there's no 'pressure to perform'.

enjoy!...And feedback of course, please.

lookslikefun wrote:

........boring but practical, pracise on a long dildo that's the dame diameter as your OH's gear. You can try all these tricks, head back, lean and push, yawn, swallow, down-in-one, inhale stick out tongue and press and any other shamanic tricks you care to mention and build a little confidence and body-recognition while there's no 'pressure to perform'.

I practiced on the OH, just slowly got deeper. He was a very willing participant

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

lookslikefun wrote:

I practiced on the OH, just slowly got deeper. He was a very willing participant

I think it's probably easier with a guy than a big plastic thing! It's quite a nice feeling when you've got the hang of it, I think. At least you've got the encouragement of his noises! I bet your OH was helping you practice every day very selflessly, lol.

Thread closed

This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.