99p Next Day delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  1. ANR .... ?

    1284581308
    toxycat [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 462
    • Joined: 25 Dec 2009

    mmmm bit of a bizarre one this...........having breastfed my own children...its exhasting and not the least bit erotic.......i agree with chipnroll about it sexualising something that is meant to be nuturing.........

    1284586461
    KittyPurry [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 1265
    • Joined: 22 Aug 2009

    toxycat wrote:

    mmmm bit of a bizarre one this...........having breastfed my own children...its exhasting and not the least bit erotic.......i agree with chipnroll about it sexualising something that is meant to be nuturing.........

    Sex is "meant" to be about reproduction...doesn't mean we can't enjoy it just because it feels good! I can appreciate ANR isn't for everyone but implying it's weird or unatural seems a little harsh!

    xxKPxx

    1284586915
    Ecksvie [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1173
    • Joined: 11 Jun 2009

    My OH has always said that once I'm pregnant he wants to try this. Feels a bit weird, but I can't really see anything wrong with it!

    The only thing I'd be wary of is doing it while actually pregnant. One of my cousins continued breastfeeding one of her sons while she was pregnant with another and as a result the second son is quite small and not at the size or mental level he should be for his age. There's no conclusive evidence for it, but they did advise her to stop breastfeeding when they noticed the little one wasn't developing in her womb as he should have been.

    1284587122
    toxycat [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 462
    • Joined: 25 Dec 2009

    Its just an opinion at the end of the day..................and i was only agreeing with what someone else said...................if someone wants to do this then fair enough....not a problem..........but my view is i see it as a nurturing thing.........it was a bonding thing for me and my new babies.......so i could never relate it to be anything sexual...........

    1284595308
    YesChef [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 74
    • Joined: 3 Dec 2008

    chipNroll wrote:

    I don't really like the idea. I think it sexualises something that isn't sexual. Breasts are biologocally there to feed babies but people seem to forget this and I feel sorry for all the women who are made to feel shameful about breastfeeding as a result. Don't get me wrong, boobs a very sexual thing, but that's not the only thing they're there for.

    But each to their own.

    I disagree - breasts do play a large part in sexual activity, and some women can orgasm through nipple-sucking alone. The purpose of breastfeeding is not primarily sexual, but I would imagine that a fair number of couples with a baby will probably have given it a try, out of curiosity if nothing else. Some friends of mine were going to try and make breast milk cheese a few years ago - never heard how that went though!

    1284595807
    Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2581
    • Joined: 18 Apr 2010

    I hadnt heard about this til now.
    Me and the OH suck each others nipples but more for sexual pleasure of the receiver than a nuturing need.

    1284629977
    telemachus [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 314
    • Joined: 10 May 2010

    Ecksvie wrote:

    My OH has always said that once I'm pregnant he wants to try this. Feels a bit weird, but I can't really see anything wrong with it!

    The only thing I'd be wary of is doing it while actually pregnant. One of my cousins continued breastfeeding one of her sons while she was pregnant with another and as a result the second son is quite small and not at the size or mental level he should be for his age. There's no conclusive evidence for it, but they did advise her to stop breastfeeding when they noticed the little one wasn't developing in her womb as he should have been.

    There is no conclusive evidence because it doesn't happen. Women and breasts are designed to continue to breatfeed during pregnancy. Breastfeeding during pregnancy does not affect birthweight and it could be dangerous to suggest such a thing online. Women in the third world with low nutrition breastfeed while pregnant with no adverse effects.

    Breasts and breastmilk are so evolved that you can breastfeed a baby and a toddler at the same time and one breast will produce milk suitable for a baby and one will produce toddler suitable milk!

    Some doctors and HCP seem to recommend stopping breastfeeding for any reason. Your cousin could have had any one of a million problems but there is no way that breastfeeding while pregnant would cause a low birthweight baby.

    1284639278
    BashfulBabe [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 716
    • Joined: 24 Apr 2010

    Only thing I can think of was that she wasn't feeding herself well enough to cover her own needs, the needs of the developing baby, and the demands on her body from the nursing. Breastfeeding does sap about 500 calories a day if you're doing it full-time, so you need more cake to make up for it (or real food, but it's a good excuse for cake!). I'd still think it's a stretch to say that was the sole reason for a low birth weight or slow development, but if there were a combination of other factors, such as stress and fatigue, then it might have been better to wean off and let her body recover.

    That or the doctors just didn't approve of her nursing still and wanted her off it, depending on where you are they can be quite militant about doing it right up until six months and not a day after.

    1284640627
    telemachus [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 314
    • Joined: 10 May 2010

    There is always an excuse for cake!

    If that were the case - the mother must have been VERY ill. Vitamin deficiency only affects breastmilk if we are talking malnutrition, and when you are pregnant, the baby takes what the baby needs. The baby comes first. Your body gives to the baby before it gives to you. You would become very ill looking before your baby started to suffer. And even if this were the case, the guidlines would be to improve your own diet before stopping feeding.

    I would say your second point is likely. I have heard of women being told that if they breastfeed past 6 months they are disgusting and must only be doing it for themselves.

    1284666652
    Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3406
    • Joined: 2 Feb 2008

    BashfulBabe wrote:

    Only thing I can think of was that she wasn't feeding herself well enough to cover her own needs, the needs of the developing baby, and the demands on her body from the nursing. Breastfeeding does sap about 500 calories a day if you're doing it full-time, so you need more cake to make up for it (or real food, but it's a good excuse for cake!). I'd still think it's a stretch to say that was the sole reason for a low birth weight or slow development, but if there were a combination of other factors, such as stress and fatigue, then it might have been better to wean off and let her body recover.

    That or the doctors just didn't approve of her nursing still and wanted her off it, depending on where you are they can be quite militant about doing it right up until six months and not a day after.

    This could be the case - if we ignore the fact that unborn babies are parasites! They sap everything they need even at the expense of mum's health. The woman would have to have been severely ill as Tele said.

    Adx

    1285684196
    chels18 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 217
    • Joined: 18 May 2010

    chipNroll wrote:

    I don't really like the idea. I think it sexualises something that isn't sexual. Breasts are biologocally there to feed babies but people seem to forget this and I feel sorry for all the women who are made to feel shameful about breastfeeding as a result. Don't get me wrong, boobs a very sexual thing, but that's not the only thing they're there for.

    But each to their own.

    Thats the thing - I dont think its sexual... I think its the "ultimate bond" they are trying to create, and also needing each other... he/she needs to feed off the female partner and the female partner (the one with the milk!) needs the release.... It interests me how people get into something like that!! I love my partner sucking my nipples but I dont know how I would feel if I NEEDED her to do it to give me a release!!

    1285696541
    xxxxchelzsxxxx [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 249
    • Joined: 9 Sep 2009

    I dont think i could find breast feeding 'erotic' as i have given birth and chose not to breast feeding, as i viewed my breasts as sexual... i no they arnt they for solely that reason!... Ive never heard of it until reading this thread! x

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.