• Wait! We think you’re in the US - Lovehoney.com is a better site for you.
    Shop there and get 10% off!
    United States Flag
    Go to Lovehoney.com
  1. Smelly & Not a Turn on!!

chels18 [sign in to see picture]

So I've been seeing my doctor because I keep getting smelly discharge down there... I was sent to a gyne who preformed a laparoscopy and a cauterization of my cervix (which had an ectropion)...during the operation they found a 15cm cyst on my right ovary that they didn't know was there (not fun as now i have a scar on my tummy that looks like i've had a c-section!)

Anyway, that all happened in June and now i've been spotting for 4/5 days before my period for the last 3months and for the last 3weeks i've had period pains and very sore boobs....

I know I'll be told to go to the doctors (which I will...) but I'm worried that going back to the doctors he'll think i'm just a moaner. I want to tell him I think it's my hormoans but don't want him to think I'm trying to do his job for him!

I'm not even too bothered about the blood and random pains in my tummy and boobs... its the discharge that is really effecting the way I feel about my girlfriend touching me and I dont want it to have an affect on our relationship....My labido is higher than its ever been!

Has anyone else ever had anything simular?? How do i bring it up with my doctors that it is having an affect on my sex life with my partner without being so blunt??

Ecksvie [sign in to see picture]

I think you just need to be direct and tell them that it's affecting your sex life! It should help them take it more seriously rather than just dismiss it as something trivial. Remember, it's nothing they haven't seen before. You're not the first person they've had say it, and you wont be the last either!

sexy little minx [sign in to see picture]

Hi Chels, sorry to hear you are having some troubles. I would definetly go back to your Doctors. I wouldn't worry about the Doctor thinking you are a moaner, that is what he/she is there for, to see when something isn't right. If you don't feel comfortable with your current Doctor you could ask to see a different one. Doctors have heard and seen it all before so I would just tell him/her exactly how it is. I know these things can be a little embarrassing when you are younger but it really is best that the Doc knows all the ins and outs, that way a proper diagnosis can be made.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Good luck hun and let us know how you got on. x

KittyPurry [sign in to see picture]

Open, honest and direct is the best way. I know the affect on your sex life is important but make sure you tell them everything about the smelly discharge, the pains and the spotting etc. The more information you give them the better informed they will be to make decisions about the best way to help you. Just write down everything you want to tell them (symptoms, how long it's been going on etc.) and when you're in there you wont forget (it also means you can read off a piece of paper so will have something to focus on rather than having to look at the doctor)!

You can request a female doctor and if you're nervous you could take your girlfriend in with you if you want some support. There's nothing they wont have seen or heard before and having worked for a day in a GUM clinic I can promise you they're professional even when the patients leave - they're genuinely sympathetic people and don't gossip to colleagues and they don't laugh or judge anything they see or hear.

Good luck hunny

xxKPxx

Thanks guys... I'm not worried about getting my foof out (unless most girls at the GPs)... been there far too many times with doctors/nurses/gyne's! I'm just worried that they will say "this has been going on for a year now and theres nothing we can do!" I just dont want them to turn me away and leave me feeling..... dirty.

x

Starlight* [sign in to see picture]

Hey Chels- good luck with everything- I think the advice the other guys have given you is absolutely spot on.

Don't be afraid to keep going back to the doctors/nurses/gyne's... They are paid A LOT of money to help people with problems out, and if yours is not being sorted, then you must persist until they find out the route of your troubles. The thing is, these doctors you are seeing have probably seen worse things every single day, so they are not going to bat an eyelid if you tell them that your problem is effecting your sex life. Plus, everything is confidential anyway, so you can completely trust them 100%. Sex is a big part of your life, and you don't want to have your sex life suffer any longer than you feel it has done already. Be blunt with them- tell them exactly what your problem is, the effect it is having on your relationship, and what you possibly think it could be. You're not telling the doctor how to do his job- you know your body better than anybody else, and perhaps you could provide an insight into the real cause of the problem by suggesting new things?

Good luck! xx

Ilovemyman [sign in to see picture]

Hi Chels, when they found the cyst did they mention PCOS? I have it and it causes Cysts on the ovaries and hormone inbalance also that would explain the bleeding inbetween periods. I have it and it can be treated. Don't worry about going back to your GP, it's what they are there for! Good luck xxx

KittyPurry [sign in to see picture]

chels18 wrote:

Thanks guys... I'm not worried about getting my foof out (unless most girls at the GPs)... been there far too many times with doctors/nurses/gyne's! I'm just worried that they will say "this has been going on for a year now and theres nothing we can do!" I just dont want them to turn me away and leave me feeling..... dirty.

x

Don't worry my lovely, this wont happen. If it's been going on for a year they are, if anything more likely to do something about it because it's clearly not just going to clear up on its own. It may be that you have some scar tissue left from your op or something that's causing problems or maybe an infection or an underlying condition like polycystic ovary sydrome.

I'm not an expert but the doctors ARE: they are good, smart people and it's their job to help you but they can't do that if you don't let them!

xxKPxx

jackador123 [sign in to see picture]

They're their to help you, and end of the day it's affecting your life. So nag them till something is done! I know I would

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

chels18 wrote:

x

Don't worry about that at all! I've been in and out of doctors and hospitals for probably about 2 years with the pain I have during sex and the appointments keep on coming until they get to the bottom of it! They won't just leave it if they don't know the cause!

Hope your appointment goes well! As has been said - writing a list is the best thing to do for things like that!

Adx

linda2008 [sign in to see picture]

chels18 wrote:

So I've been seeing my doctor because I keep getting smelly discharge down there... I was sent to a gyne who preformed a laparoscopy and a cauterization of my cervix (which had an ectropion)...during the operation they found a 15cm cyst on my right ovary that they didn't know was there (not fun as now i have a scar on my tummy that looks like i've had a c-section!)

Anyway, that all happened in June and now i've been spotting for 4/5 days before my period for the last 3months and for the last 3weeks i've had period pains and very sore boobs....

I know I'll be told to go to the doctors (which I will...) but I'm worried that going back to the doctors he'll think i'm just a moaner. I want to tell him I think it's my hormoans but don't want him to think I'm trying to do his job for him!

I'm not even too bothered about the blood and random pains in my tummy and boobs... its the discharge that is really effecting the way I feel about my girlfriend touching me and I dont want it to have an affect on our relationship....My labido is higher than its ever been!

Has anyone else ever had anything simular?? How do i bring it up with my doctors that it is having an affect on my sex life with my partner without being so blunt??

They there to help you Chels. if your not happy keep going back and mithering them why not ask to see another doctor do hope you get things sorted ,,,just keep on at them till you get it sorted out

linda x

Thin One [sign in to see picture]

I know how you feel about discussing things with your GP but you are best getting it out in the open early on as the longer you leave it then potentially the problem could get worse. I started having testicular/ groin pain after masturbation when I was young but never really mentioned that until a year or two into their investigation. This meant I got more and more worried and more stressed which contributed to the chronic pain I suffer today. Only now am I actually talking to someone about how all the problems have affected how with regards to sex. Trust me it maybe a little uncomfortable to discuss and first but as long as your GP isn't an arse they will be supportive in sorting your problem out. Good luck!

Thank you guys - I'm going tomorrow as its really been getting me down so hopefully they will help me sort it once and for all!!

xx

Pinkilious [sign in to see picture]

Good luck and i hope you come out with a happy face : ) x

and a nice smelling foof!! lol x

CurlyCoupleWife [sign in to see picture]

Hope they manage to help you out

CCW x

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

chels18 wrote:

and a nice smelling foof!! lol x

Lol! Foof. Not heard that word in ages!

lol - i love it!

YesChef [sign in to see picture]

It might also be worth keeping a diary of your symptoms, including when your cycle falls - that might help to illustrate whether the symptoms are/aren't linked. A day-by-day account is also more concrete evidence than a purely anecdotal report, which might be useful if you feel you're not being taken seriously.

A discharge does suggest that it might be some sort of infection - if you've had a couple of ops recently too, that might be a source of an infection. Even if they can't diagnose anything there and then, taking a swab for testing would probably be a good idea.

Hope it all goes well tomorrow... today now!

WandA [sign in to see picture]

YesChef wrote:

It might also be worth keeping a diary of your symptoms, including when your cycle falls - that might help to illustrate whether the symptoms are/aren't linked. A day-by-day account is also more concrete evidence than a purely anecdotal report, which might be useful if you feel you're not being taken seriously.

A discharge does suggest that it might be some sort of infection - if you've had a couple of ops recently too, that might be a source of an infection. Even if they can't diagnose anything there and then, taking a swab for testing would probably be a good idea.

Hope it all goes well tomorrow... today now!

Great suggestions here, if a cause is not easily forth coming patterns can be a useful diagnostic tool. Well done YC!

Yeah I do - I use a period tracker on my iphone which is handy!!! I add in when theres smell/discharge/bleeding and other symptoms like abdo pain and moods...

I think its an infection too but its like 4one in less than a year so whats causing them!! grrr! gotta wait till tomorrow to see the doctor which is another pain in the bum!

thank you though

x

Thread closed

This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.