FREE 1 Day Delivery - Spend £50 and 24-hour tracked delivery is FREE
  1. Do you "Let yourself go" when in a relationship?

    1283012513
    Kitty_McPlunder [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 390
    • Joined: 18 Jan 2010

    I always think I won't let myself go once I've got a boyfriend, but I was getting ready to go out the other night and I realised that I had let it all slide 'beauty' wise, meaning things that I'd usually keep on top of. I had furry... well everything! legs, lady bits, pits. Oh and my eyebrows were like big catapillars creeping across my face! I'd even stopped straightening my fringe after a shower, so it was all over the place! I looked in the mirror and saw Hobo-Kitty!

    It's not a big problem, I mean the OH loves me regardless of how bushy my eyebrows are, (At least, I hope he does!) but it just kinda took me by surprise, it's stuff I do without even thinking about usually, but for some reason I've let myself go a bit! lol.

    1283012939
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6177
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    Nope. I think I try harder.

    I want things to be as good as they can be for Ad. I also don't want to get in to a mindset were I don't want to put effort in. I still have a little routine of being extra sharp when I'll be seeing her after a while of being apart.

    There are times of course when I don't feel liking do it so I don't do much beyond the minimum.

    1283012963
    Heart2Heart [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 198
    • Joined: 21 Aug 2010

    Kitty_McPlunder wrote:

    I always think I won't let myself go once I've got a boyfriend, but I was getting ready to go out the other night and I realised that I had let it all slide 'beauty' wise, meaning things that I'd usually keep on top of. I had furry... well everything! legs, lady bits, pits. Oh and my eyebrows were like big catapillars creeping across my face! I'd even stopped straightening my fringe after a shower, so it was all over the place! I looked in the mirror and saw Hobo-Kitty!

    It's not a big problem, I mean the OH loves me regardless of how bushy my eyebrows are, (At least, I hope he does!) but it just kinda took me by surprise, it's stuff I do without even thinking about usually, but for some reason I've let myself go a bit! lol.

    For me i think it is the other way round, i notice how when i am interested in someone i will try my best to get fit, smell nice etc. etc. However when i've just parted with someone i liked or was interested in i feel like 'what is the point of trying' This might just be me... Just for the record i have started to try my best now xD especially weight and fitness wise even though when i am not trying to court (is that the right word) someone i am still not happy with myself, just never see the need to fix it :(

    All the best,

    Sir. Thrustalot

    1283013786
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6177
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    Sir.Thrustalot wrote:

    For me i think it is the other way round, i notice how when i am interested in someone i will try my best to get fit, smell nice etc. etc. However when i've just parted with someone i liked or was interested in i feel like 'what is the point of trying' This might just be me... Just for the record i have started to try my best now xD especially weight and fitness wise even though when i am not trying to court (is that the right word) someone i am still not happy with myself, just never see the need to fix it :(

    All the best,

    Sir. Thrustalot

    If you're my nan.

    She uses words like that, "Oooo are you courting yet?".

    Ha!

    1283015800
    MrsKitty [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 79
    • Joined: 23 Aug 2010

    i dont always shave my legs only because my partner dont really care i do it about once maybe twice a week i always do the other parts thou and i always make sure shaved and clean for the weekend because thats the time we are not tried from work and deff going to getting some i always have to be clean down below thou wash before and after sex that might just be me thou

    1283019558
    CurlyCoupleWife [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 641
    • Joined: 14 Aug 2009

    Hi Kitty,

    I go through phases regardless of relationship status. Sometimes I think "m'eh! I'm great the way I am, why do I need to spend all that time and money?" Other times I think "F'goodness sakes you're nearly thirty, start looking after yourself properly woman."

    Have had an MOT today (facial, hair dyed, hair cut) and have a manicure booked & may give myself a pedicure later because I'm going through a looking after myself phase. It'll pass & I'll return to cavewoman form however I work in IT, the men I work with are glad enough to see female form that they're really not scathing & hubby loves me as I am.

    Always keep on top of leg & pit shaving though or I feel dirty.

    CCW x

    1283022594
    singlelass.newbie [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Officer Cadet
    • Posts: 6
    • Joined: 27 Aug 2010

    Hey kitty,

    I tend to start letting myself go when its obvious the OH has. I think if he doesn't put the effort in then why should i!! When im single though i go through phases although now i am trying to make sure i look good all the time (or at least most the time) lol x

    1283024830
    Heart2Heart [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 198
    • Joined: 21 Aug 2010

    WandA wrote:

    Sir.Thrustalot wrote:

    For me i think it is the other way round, i notice how when i am interested in someone i will try my best to get fit, smell nice etc. etc. However when i've just parted with someone i liked or was interested in i feel like 'what is the point of trying' This might just be me... Just for the record i have started to try my best now xD especially weight and fitness wise even though when i am not trying to court (is that the right word) someone i am still not happy with myself, just never see the need to fix it :(

    All the best,

    Sir. Thrustalot

    If you're my nan.

    She uses words like that, "Oooo are you courting yet?".

    Ha!

    Thanks WandA xD That made me smile xD

    1283030453
    linda2008 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 450
    • Joined: 22 Jan 2008

    I Always put the effort in ,ie shave legs . bath and shave my other parts ..anoyes me when hubby cant be bothered and he does not shave ,,,then has the cheeck in bed to try to have sex ,,,while hes unshaven ( yuck) he knows i prefare him clean shaven ( upstairs and downstairs ) lol if i can take the time for him why cant he,,knocks him back till he clean shaven

    1283034050
    linda2008 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 450
    • Joined: 22 Jan 2008

    Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

    Oh, my OH loves me being a 'woman' with everything neat and trim. But I've long since cared tbh. I've put on weight so I can't fit in my corsets and some of my dresses any more. But I never go out anymore so it's not a big deal. I try to make the effort to shave reasonably regularly, for my own comfort rather than anyone elses. I find my pubic area gets itchy and irritated when I haven't shaved for a while and the growing hair tickles me. Same with armpits.

    But I don't really care beyond that. I get hairy legs that the OH makes fun of by calling me that creature from Star Wars! My eyebrows need plucking and my upper lip needs bleached again soon, but it's not really bad in my perspective. Though might be awful from someone elses perspective!

    Clothes. All I really weat when I go out now is a baggy band t-shirt and jeans. When indoors it's baggy t-shirt and PJ bottoms and I don't wear a bra whenever possible!

    I burp and fart, and I'm not bothered if it's just me and the OH in the flat. I'm quite a slob actually! Think if I had to go back to being presentable, it would be quite a shock to the system.

    Go girl.....love it as long as your happy xx

    1283034431
    linda2008 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 450
    • Joined: 22 Jan 2008

    Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

    A bit annoyed with the weight being put on lately, and not being able to do anything about it with my foot being knackered for 3 months (to this day) now. But I'm certianly not phased by not forming to societies version of what a 'woman' is.

    sorry to hear about your foot ,,how long before is right,,,,,,

    1283034821
    Ecksvie [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1173
    • Joined: 11 Jun 2009

    Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

    A bit annoyed with the weight being put on lately, and not being able to do anything about it with my foot being knackered for 3 months (to this day) now. But I'm certianly not phased by not forming to societies version of what a 'woman' is.

    Here here! Sometimes I feel a bit down over my weight, but I know I'm gorgeous, whatever weight! I feel at my best when I'm naked with my OH and he loves me the way I am, so what other people think of me and the way I look really doesn't matter.

    My dad and grandma both commented last week about if I'd lost weight, and when I asked my mum she said I looked like I had too. I hadn't been keeping track of it, but it gave me a confidence and self esteem boost. I just weighed myself and I'm the same weight I've always been, but those comments make me FEEL thinner and I feel better because of that. I think it's because of my clothes. I'm now wearing the correct size bra, which really helps, and I got some new shirts lately that fit me quite nicely. I think that's what it may have been down to.

    1283036006
    sexynurse09 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 736
    • Joined: 21 Sep 2009

    I tend to relax a bit when in a relationship food wise - I admit when I am comfortable the pounds start piling on and I really have to work to stay at the same weight. I think we get into bad habits as a couple too - rent a film, along with it get a takeaway, choccies etc.....he can get away with it, but I can't! I have to pull myself back every now and then and say STOP, i'll get on the scales, cry for a bit, then binge on fruit n veg lol x

    1283036280
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6177
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    sexynurse09 wrote:

    I tend to relax a bit when in a relationship food wise - I admit when I am comfortable the pounds start piling on and I really have to work to stay at the same weight. I think we get into bad habits as a couple too - rent a film, along with it get a takeaway, choccies etc.....he can get away with it, but I can't! I have to pull myself back every now and then and say STOP, i'll get on the scales, cry for a bit, then binge on fruit n veg lol x

    That has me chuckling sorry!

    It reminds me of quite a few people! My mums on a health kick at the moment and has been winging about salads all week.

    1283037491
    KittyPurry [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 1265
    • Joined: 22 Aug 2009

    I find it hard to remember...I'm very lucky in that it's been a long time since I wasn't in a relationship!

    You'd have to ask DD if I've let myself go, I can't really tell, pretty sure I do roughly the same as I always have done though:

    I always shave...for me that's just part of normal shower/bath routine. I still wear perfume, I've never been a big make-up person, I dress pretty oddly (foreign-exchange student chic!) but again that's nothing new!

    I weigh more than I did when we first started going out but that's because I take better care of myself not worse. I used to be very unhappy and didn't eat, not because I wanted to be thin just because I didn't care enough to bother. I know I look a bit better with some meat on my bones and I do have a tendency to loose weight so I make an effort to keep that in check. It was DD that helped me to to care enough to nourish my body and his reward is me having some curves!

    xxKPxx

    1283041045
    jackador123 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 549
    • Joined: 3 Sep 2009

    I found certain aspects I was trying harder liking pleasing her ext, just because I was amazed anyone had actually liked me. And then certain aspects relaxed as time went by, food eating etc.

    1283045456
    Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3406
    • Joined: 2 Feb 2008

    I put more effort in.

    I've never understood the need to look amazing all the time for total strangers but not for a partner? I know he loves me anyway, but I love him too so I want to make sure he gets full enjoyment of my body whenever he wants it. So I shave every time I have a bath, I keep on top of my eyebrows, try to wear nice clothes most of the time, keep my nails nicely painted and put effort into my hair and make up. I go by a rule of a clean face and tidy hair as the bare minimum but usually wear make up - I don't like to go to long time without doing my make up these days since it was one of the first things to slide when I was depressed.

    I guess I'm lucky in that I don't require too much effort to look nice so it never feels like a chore.

    Adx

    1283076174
    toxycat [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 462
    • Joined: 25 Dec 2009

    I think when you are in a good relationship you get comfortable with each other.......and love each other....hairy legs or not.........i did go through a phase where i sort of...well...didnt bother.........but i would say my confidence was also a bit low at that time.......................................Im pretty much like Ad says........i make an effort everyday......and i want to look my best..............wear nice clothes all the time...even on the weekends.......always make sure my hair and make up is done.....................shave my legs everytime i have a shower..................and my other half loves me making an effort....................it also makes me feel good and well...i enjoy looking good.......and i wouldnt dream of going anywhere now if i didnt feel that way!!

    1283087717
    Lady Lillith [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant
    • Posts: 21
    • Joined: 31 Dec 2009

    When I'm in a relationship I try to make an effort more than when I'm single, but i still go through phases of not being bothered, to doing my makeup everyday. For my new OH I shave once a week because I want to, but with my ex I just didn't want to because he kept making little side comments of 'someone needs a shave', and that just made me want to do it less. He certainly let himself go when he was wih me. But my new man keeps himself lovely and clean and that's all i really care about :)

    1283087934
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6177
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    And on this note I've just finished 'doing myself up' for later!

    Thread closed

    This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.