99p Next Day delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  1. Sex in your City?

    1283001077
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6177
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    I've had a search but can't find anything... So...

    I bring this up because the lapdancing bars here in Liverpool are going mad at a license fee increase that they say will drive them out of business and I recently heard about Cambridgeshire residents fighting against an out of town sex super store claiming it will bring down the area.

    Just how sexy/unsexy is your city or where you live?

    Have you noticed too many or too few strip clubs?

    Is sex frowned upon in your community?

    Any tips for your locality?

    Any cities you envy?

    For my area, well in my local student area until very recently there was a sex shop 3mins away. The city centre is filled with a fair few sorts of tacky strip clubs that cater mainly to stag dos and I've heard there is a posh swingers club. If you can consider it sex some of the student bars engage in different manners of 'games' on certain nights.

    Anything to add anyone?

    1283001393
    UBM4 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 66
    • Joined: 8 Apr 2010

    Plenty of sex shops and strip clubs of different erm, budgets in Leeds.

    Although the plans for the biggest in Europe have been shelved since the recession. Which is a shame, I was looking forward to that!

    1283001564
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6177
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    UBM4 wrote:

    Plenty of sex shops and strip clubs of different erm, budgets in Leeds.

    Although the plans for the biggest in Europe have been shelved since the recession. Which is a shame, I was looking forward to that!

    Damn! That's odd because everything I've heard suggests sex sells better in a recession!

    1283001665
    UBM4 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 66
    • Joined: 8 Apr 2010

    The cost of development and running costs on this club were immense though and the banks all get twitchy and pull their funding. Can't see it happening now either if I'm honest.

    1283001738
    Pinkilious [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 295
    • Joined: 9 Apr 2010

    Well i live somewhere where there is lots of old people and you can quite easily buy a zimmer frame but no sex toys : ( ! Actually we do have a very small Ann Summers but lots of people complained about it coming and there is never many people in there!

    I would love to live somewhere where sex was excepted within the community and there were places to go and have some fun

    1283002539
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6177
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    Pinkilious wrote:

    Well i live somewhere where there is lots of old people and you can quite easily buy a zimmer frame but no sex toys : ( ! Actually we do have a very small Ann Summers but lots of people complained about it coming and there is never many people in there!

    I would love to live somewhere where sex was excepted within the community and there were places to go and have some fun

    Make a sex swing!

    1283002764
    Scientist [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant
    • Posts: 13
    • Joined: 2 Aug 2007

    One sex shop that I know of in my area, my sisters bf works there lol, there is a strip club but I've never been, why pay to look at something you can see for free?

    I go to Brighton to look in the shops there sometimes, although I rarely buy anything as it's always a better deal on here :)

    1283003241
    Pinkilious [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 295
    • Joined: 9 Apr 2010

    WandA wrote:

    Pinkilious wrote:

    Well i live somewhere where there is lots of old people and you can quite easily buy a zimmer frame but no sex toys : ( ! Actually we do have a very small Ann Summers but lots of people complained about it coming and there is never many people in there!

    I would love to live somewhere where sex was excepted within the community and there were places to go and have some fun

    Make a sex swing!

    I am sure you could get away with putting one up in the centre of town and noone would have a clue what it was!

    1283003456
    Scientist [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant
    • Posts: 13
    • Joined: 2 Aug 2007

    Pinkilious wrote:

    WandA wrote:

    Pinkilious wrote:

    Well i live somewhere where there is lots of old people and you can quite easily buy a zimmer frame but no sex toys : ( ! Actually we do have a very small Ann Summers but lots of people complained about it coming and there is never many people in there!

    I would love to live somewhere where sex was excepted within the community and there were places to go and have some fun

    Make a sex swing!

    I am sure you could get away with putting one up in the centre of town and noone would have a clue what it was!

    If you put one up in my town centre it would either be nicked or have a bunch of teenagers sitting on it glaring at people

    1283036288
    linda2008 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 450
    • Joined: 22 Jan 2008

    local mens health club on corner of our rd. open 24 hours a day ...( wonder what kind of health club it is for guys to go in after pubs /clubs have shut lol ) ann summers shop..a couple of adult shops. black out windows,,and one of the best swingers club in the country where we live ,,and permission granted to open a lap dancing club in the town centre

    1283036466
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6177
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

    Our town has nothing. No sex shop, just a lingerie shop that is incredibally limited! Old granny nighties is pretty much all they have! Though I have bought a few overpriced but nice bras from there.

    I don't really know what the overall view of sex is here, but since the majority of people who live here are old ladies then I'd imagine a vote wouldn't be great. I have my selection of friends who don't really think twice about talking about sex and discussing the sort of things that may be considered taboo, jokingly or otherwise.

    I would love to go to a decent strip club at some point in my life. I haven't had any action with the scene really and I feel a little left out. My OH used to live in London and has seen and done nearly everthing. He even used to be a doorman for a fetish club at one point!

    Fetish club is another thing I would love to experience, but the OH just isn't interested in all that anymore, no matter how much he drools at his memories of cage dancers.

    I'm curious about what happens in 'em and would I enjoy being there. As much as I love sex and I'm sex positive I sometimes don't like it full on in the face (other times I do).

    1283036684
    linda2008 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 450
    • Joined: 22 Jan 2008

    WandA wrote:

    Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

    Our town has nothing. No sex shop, just a lingerie shop that is incredibally limited! Old granny nighties is pretty much all they have! Though I have bought a few overpriced but nice bras from there.

    I don't really know what the overall view of sex is here, but since the majority of people who live here are old ladies then I'd imagine a vote wouldn't be great. I have my selection of friends who don't really think twice about talking about sex and discussing the sort of things that may be considered taboo, jokingly or otherwise.

    I would love to go to a decent strip club at some point in my life. I haven't had any action with the scene really and I feel a little left out. My OH used to live in London and has seen and done nearly everthing. He even used to be a doorman for a fetish club at one point!

    Fetish club is another thing I would love to experience, but the OH just isn't interested in all that anymore, no matter how much he drools at his memories of cage dancers.

    I'm curious about what happens in 'em and would I enjoy being there. As much as I love sex and I'm sex positive I sometimes don't like it full on in the face (other times I do).

    do recommed going to a swingers club .... some great nights we have had in them

    1283037056
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6177
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    Ooo no, I'm not in to the swinging lark. Not for me. I just have one of those weird fascinations with fetish things even though much of it will never be my thing!

    1283037213
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6177
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

    Nah, not so interested in the full on sex right in front of my face, but going to a fetish festival for instance! I've seen them on the telly and they look GREAT! and very well done. Same with a body art fest. Another thing I'd love to go to. If I were to go to one I'd have to get a corset piercing down my back or something for the weekend I'd be down at London for that.

    Apparently Soho and Camden are great for that sort of stuff!

    Same for me. Nothing to direct, more like a people zoo. Ha!

    1283037510

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2373
    • Joined: 30 Oct 2008

    WandA wrote:

    Ooo no, I'm not in to the swinging lark. Not for me. I just have one of those weird fascinations with fetish things even though much of it will never be my thing!

    yes same for me looks really horney on screen always wonder if i could ..

    1283038579
    lookslikefun [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 265
    • Joined: 2 May 2010

    Well, compare and contrast. I live in a small town outside Munich. Here it's very traditional Bavarian attitude, all officially conservative ex-farming types on the surface but the town's 10x bigger than it was in the 50's so no-one really is from farming stock anymore. still a lot of the suburban contasts are there, my neighbour is always going on about a friend who runs a swingers club / hotel out in the sticks here. I'm sure she's dying to go, but I think her good looking husband is scared shitless. I'm, not sure whether through or because of his potential jealousy, of other people's attitude,s or of what he might discover about himself and especially his wife!

    Of course in Munich as a city has the usual mix of titty-bars and clubs for all budgets, and here prostitutes are allowed, but only in particular legally defined parts of the city and its surroundings (very German).

    Since been married and faithful soon after moving down here, I've not tasted the forbidden fruit apart from a few years back before the nuptuals. Also have heard that like many German cities, there's a fairly big underground and fetish scene in various degrees of depravity/extremity, might have to have a wander when the separation papers come through..

    For all its right wing Bavarian conservatism, Munich is a (moderately) Socialist city and we musn't forget old Freddie Mercury lived and was allowed to live his Gay double life here for many years which certainly shocked a few Brits when they finally put 2 and 2 together.

    1283039184
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6177
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    Very interesting post LLF. I find other cultures fascinating. Enjoy the sampling when you get round to it.

    1283040522
    jackador123 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 549
    • Joined: 3 Sep 2009

    Ah the joys of living in London. Thought it was tame compared to other cities in Europe I've been but this week happened to 'stumble' into Soho and was it an eyeopener. The strip clubs, the video stores, London sure has it. It is a very sexy city indeed, and there not really frowned upon Id say very in the open.

    The way how me and my mates are outside a massage parlour, and this guy comes up to us. 'You here for the massage or the sex. I can get you both' Very weird place indeed.

    1283040942

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2373
    • Joined: 30 Oct 2008

    jackador123 wrote:

    Ah the joys of living in London. Thought it was tame compared to other cities in Europe I've been but this week happened to 'stumble' into Soho and was it an eyeopener. The strip clubs, the video stores, London sure has it. It is a very sexy city indeed, and there not really frowned upon Id say very in the open.

    The way how me and my mates are outside a massage parlour, and this guy comes up to us. 'You here for the massage or the sex. I can get you both' Very weird place indeed.

    no change then i'm glad to hear .just adifferent siut maybe

    1283041804
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6177
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    jackador123 wrote:

    Ah the joys of living in London. Thought it was tame compared to other cities in Europe I've been but this week happened to 'stumble' into Soho and was it an eyeopener. The strip clubs, the video stores, London sure has it. It is a very sexy city indeed, and there not really frowned upon Id say very in the open.

    The way how me and my mates are outside a massage parlour, and this guy comes up to us. 'You here for the massage or the sex. I can get you both' Very weird place indeed.

    From him or one of the ladies!

    Thread closed

    This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.