FREE 1 Day Delivery - Spend £50 and 24-hour tracked delivery is FREE
  1. Damaging yourself with a vibrator - please don't let this be true!

    1282258243
    Ecksvie [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1173
    • Joined: 11 Jun 2009

    Hi all!

    I was reading through a magazine at work today, and it said that using a vibrator for more than 20 minutes can give you nerve damage! Admittedly, it was Love It magazine (don't judge me, it was at work and it was lying around! :P) on the advice page, so it may not be the most reputable source in the world, but it had me shocked and made me wonder if I should change my habits. A decent solo session for me normally lasts 40-60 minutes, and although the vibe sessions I have with my boyfriend tend to be shorter (he makes me orgasm quicker and harder!) they still generally last more than 20 minutes.

    Is there any credit to this idea? Do I have anything to worry about?

    1282258431
    Malteser81 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 851
    • Joined: 2 Aug 2009

    Oh I blinking hope not =S. Maybe their research is based on people getting used to the weak vibrations and needing harder stronger ones maybe? I can understand that but no way can a vibrator kill the nerve endings...... (I hope) =S

    1282258713
    Kitty_McPlunder [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 390
    • Joined: 18 Jan 2010

    *sticks fingers in her ears* LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA....!!!!!!!

    1282258778

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2373
    • Joined: 30 Oct 2008

    i dont think so 20 mins ha ha

    1282258871
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6177
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    Ecksvie wrote:

    Hi all!

    I was reading through a magazine at work today, and it said that using a vibrator for more than 20 minutes can give you nerve damage! Admittedly, it was Love It magazine (don't judge me, it was at work and it was lying around! :P) on the advice page, so it may not be the most reputable source in the world, but it had me shocked and made me wonder if I should change my habits. A decent solo session for me normally lasts 40-60 minutes, and although the vibe sessions I have with my boyfriend tend to be shorter (he makes me orgasm quicker and harder!) they still generally last more than 20 minutes.

    Is there any credit to this idea? Do I have anything to worry about?

    Has anything broken yet Ecks? Did your sessions used to last 5mins and now last two days due to losing sensitivity?

    If not I'd write this 'advice' off as big shiny baubles!

    I do think temporary desensitisation is normal and using vibes a lot can make it that bit harder next time but I really really doubt any thing permanent.

    1282259101
    Doug [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 528
    • Joined: 4 Jun 2010

    erm right, cos vibrations can stop an elerctrical impulse

    (WandA dont go all sci, i know human nerves are chemical technicaly)

    1282259470
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6177
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    Doug wrote:

    erm right, cos vibrations can stop an elerctrical impulse

    (WandA dont go all sci, i know human nerves are chemical technicaly)

    Why pick on me!

    1282259599
    Doug [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 528
    • Joined: 4 Jun 2010

    WandA wrote:

    Doug wrote:

    erm right, cos vibrations can stop an elerctrical impulse

    (WandA dont go all sci, i know human nerves are chemical technicaly)

    Why pick on me!

    cos you can take it :P

    1282259639
    Rowan [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 533
    • Joined: 14 Jan 2009

    Doug wrote:

    WandA wrote:

    Doug wrote:

    erm right, cos vibrations can stop an elerctrical impulse

    (WandA dont go all sci, i know human nerves are chemical technicaly)

    Why pick on me!

    cos you can take it :P

    And neither KP or Ad are around

    1282259739
    Doug [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 528
    • Joined: 4 Jun 2010

    annnnnd he loves his technicalities (you can correct the spelling of that one )

    1282259813
    Rowan [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 533
    • Joined: 14 Jan 2009

    Oh and new scientific research now suggests that if the vibrations are strong enough they can loosen you r clitoris so really it's worth making the most of it before gravity and vibrations together conspire against you....

    1282260121
    Doug [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 528
    • Joined: 4 Jun 2010

    but then that could happen if your driving on a rough road with stiff suspension,

    1282260141

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2373
    • Joined: 30 Oct 2008

    Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

    It -can- cause nerve damage. Not often that happens though, spesh after only 20mins.. But if you are using a strong vibe like a bullet or hitatchi wand or something pretty powerful, you get that 'numbness' that tends to wear off after a while. In some rare cases, the numbness can last a lot longer..

    Thats all I know really.

    so when it goes numb you stop cos what's the point if you can't feel it

    1282260463
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6177
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    Rowan wrote:

    Doug wrote:

    WandA wrote:

    Doug wrote:

    erm right, cos vibrations can stop an elerctrical impulse

    (WandA dont go all sci, i know human nerves are chemical technicaly)

    Why pick on me!

    cos you can take it :P

    And neither KP or Ad are around

    Lumped in the same group as those two fabulous people. I can live with that!

    Rowan wrote:

    Oh and new scientific research now suggests that if the vibrations are strong enough they can loosen you r clitoris so really it's worth making the most of it before gravity and vibrations together conspire against you....

    Some clits have been so affected by gravity they hang by like 6 inches and start to look a lot like penises... Well, that's what that girl Tony told me last night anyway.

    1282260602

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2373
    • Joined: 30 Oct 2008

    WandA wrote:

    Rowan wrote:

    Doug wrote:

    WandA wrote:

    Doug wrote:

    erm right, cos vibrations can stop an elerctrical impulse

    (WandA dont go all sci, i know human nerves are chemical technicaly)

    Why pick on me!

    cos you can take it :P

    And neither KP or Ad are around

    Lumped in the same group as those two fabulous people. I can live with that!

    Rowan wrote:

    Oh and new scientific research now suggests that if the vibrations are strong enough they can loosen you r clitoris so really it's worth making the most of it before gravity and vibrations together conspire against you....

    Some clits have been so affected by gravity they hang by like 6 inches and start to look a lot like penises... Well, that's what that girl Tony told me last night anyway.

    is that for real cor what a clit would love to suck that

    1282260888
    Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3406
    • Joined: 2 Feb 2008

    Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

    It -can- cause nerve damage. Not often that happens though, spesh after only 20mins.. But if you are using a strong vibe like a bullet or hitatchi wand or something pretty powerful, you get that 'numbness' that tends to wear off after a while. In some rare cases, the numbness can last a lot longer..

    Thats all I know really.

    Don't think it's actually nerve damage though! Maybe temporary desensitisation but not actual damage :)

    Don't see how nerve damage would be possible!

    Adx

    1282261025
    Malteser81 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 851
    • Joined: 2 Aug 2009

    lickmadick wrote:

    WandA wrote:

    Some clits have been so affected by gravity they hang by like 6 inches and start to look a lot like penises... Well, that's what that girl Tony told me last night anyway.

    is that for real cor what a clit would love to suck that

    lol..... well any gay bar should be able to accomodate LMD hun *giggle*

    1282261064
    Ecksvie [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1173
    • Joined: 11 Jun 2009

    Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

    Oh, you can feel it, until it stops and it's like... like.. having a strong vibrator on one area for a long time then stopping! (Can't explain it.)

    Yeah, I know what you mean. You can still feel it, but it doesn't feel too...specific. Like your whole clit is just vibrating away, even when it's only on one small area. Sort of like poking yourself with something when you've got pins and needles. You can feel it, but only just, and not only in the area that you were touching.

    1282261244

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2373
    • Joined: 30 Oct 2008

    Malteser81 wrote:

    lickmadick wrote:

    WandA wrote:

    Some clits have been so affected by gravity they hang by like 6 inches and start to look a lot like penises... Well, that's what that girl Tony told me last night anyway.

    is that for real cor what a clit would love to suck that

    lol..... well any gay bar should be able to accomodate LMD hun *giggle*

    never been to one as yet ha ha malteser perhaps that might be on my things to do list lol

    1282261263
    Doug [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 528
    • Joined: 4 Jun 2010

    Alicia D'amore wrote:

    Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

    It -can- cause nerve damage. Not often that happens though, spesh after only 20mins.. But if you are using a strong vibe like a bullet or hitatchi wand or something pretty powerful, you get that 'numbness' that tends to wear off after a while. In some rare cases, the numbness can last a lot longer..

    Thats all I know really.

    Don't think it's actually nerve damage though! Maybe temporary desensitisation but not actual damage :)

    Don't see how nerve damage would be possible!

    Adx

    there is a technical term for it, but basicaly its to do with the way nerves work.

    In a nutshell the nerves detect the vibrations, however if they are regular and the same, ie you keep the same presure, then the body will get used to it, and "ignorn" the implues sent by the nerves, which is also why you can "feel" something there even if there is nothing, as the brain is ignoring the signals, doesn't register that there are no longer any signals being sent

    Thread closed

    This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.