• Increasing semen volume - results

    1282146377
    Ilovemyman [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 614
    • Joined: 7 Dec 2009

    DrtyBoy wrote:

    no i think asparagus is supposed to improve flavour...my missus winks at me when i eat it at dinnertime.

    Aspragus makes my wee smell. OH doesn't eat it so i don't know if it would change the taste x

    1282154093
    jaycloth [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 70
    • Joined: 22 Feb 2010

    Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

    Oooh! Very informative and interesting post. I have no call for my OH to have larger doses of sperm, but it is interesting that the zinc does indeed work.

    The problems afterwards sound like a cause for concern. What dosage of the zinc were you taking? I don't want to pry too much but it doesn't sound so great.. Zinc is also a toxin which is why I'm worried about your report of stomach pains etc..

    I took 25mg daily.I went to the doctor who said the symptoms fit with heavy metal poisoning and anaemia caused by the zinc. (although it sounds a lot more dramatic than it really is). She said there was no point doing anything about it as I'd stopped taking it and just to drink a lot to detox, and the liver will sort out the rest.

    Doctor had no idea why it was too much for me, as 25mg daily should be well within safe limits - possibly I had a high intake anyway - or its just one of those things peculiar to me.

    1282181421
    jackador123 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 545
    • Joined: 3 Sep 2009

    I know spicy foods arent good they change taste etc I presume also quantity.

    Citrus prehaps?

    1282349001
    jaycloth [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 70
    • Joined: 22 Feb 2010

    UPDATE:

    After a week off the zinc, the pain in my joints has all but disappeared, although I'm still having stomach pain and loose craps - it is improving slowly though.

    With the benefit of knowing this - I definetely wouldn't recommend this to anyone - and I would assume that commercial "volume pills" would have a similar effect - on me, anyway.

    1282349981
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6178
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    Tip: Don't bother taking supplements unless you really do need them and are advised to take them by a medical professional.

    I wouldn't recommend taking excess Zinc either:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zinc#Precautions

    1282350173
    Doug [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 528
    • Joined: 4 Jun 2010

    WandA wrote:

    Tip: Don't bother taking supplements unless you really do need them and are advised to take them by a medical professional.

    I wouldn't recommend taking excess Zinc either:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zinc#Precautions

    hmm, i disagree that the advise of a medical profesional is needed, as i took some while i was abroad, and wasn't told to, or not to take any, and they are proberbly what kept me from getting ill,

    1282350934
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6178
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    Doug wrote:

    WandA wrote:

    Tip: Don't bother taking supplements unless you really do need them and are advised to take them by a medical professional.

    I wouldn't recommend taking excess Zinc either:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zinc#Precautions

    hmm, i disagree that the advise of a medical profesional is needed, as i took some while i was abroad, and wasn't told to, or not to take any, and they are proberbly what kept me from getting ill,

    What did you take?

    In my opinion supplements are only needed if you suffer from some form of deficiency or are not eating the correct diet. In both cases I think you should consult a doctor.

    Vitamin, minerals and nutritional supplements are, for the most part, a big money making exercise and very rarely needed. Of course, they do have valid applications.

    If you're interested I'd check out this:

    http://www.skepdic.com/vitacon.html

    1282351399
    Doug [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 528
    • Joined: 4 Jun 2010

    WandA wrote:

    Doug wrote:

    WandA wrote:

    Tip: Don't bother taking supplements unless you really do need them and are advised to take them by a medical professional.

    I wouldn't recommend taking excess Zinc either:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zinc#Precautions

    hmm, i disagree that the advise of a medical profesional is needed, as i took some while i was abroad, and wasn't told to, or not to take any, and they are proberbly what kept me from getting ill,

    What did you take?

    In my opinion supplements are only needed if you suffer from some form of deficiency or are not eating the correct diet. In both cases I think you should consult a doctor.

    Vitamin, minerals and nutritional supplements are, for the most part, a big money making exercise and very rarely needed. Of course, they do have valid applications.

    If you're interested I'd check out this:

    http://www.skepdic.com/vitacon.html

    A fruit and veg pills that counted as 2 of your 5 a day, some bacteria pill (like the activia drink, but in a pill) and a multi vit, with a fair few things in it, (can get a list if you really want me to) but had "tested" them before i went out, so knew that there would be no bad side effects

    1282351509
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6178
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    Although be very careful with Vit D. Easy to overdose... Also happens to be one many of the 'big pharma' con nuts claim cures cancer. Tools.

    1282351601
    Doug [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 528
    • Joined: 4 Jun 2010

    WandA wrote:

    Although be very careful with Vit D. Easy to overdose... Also happens to be one many of the 'big pharma' con nuts claim cures cancer. Tools.

    its cos its a fat soluble, not water soluble like Vit C which you cant OD on. All the fat soluble ones you can and it causes a massive screw up with cell osmosis

    1282352092
    Doug [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 528
    • Joined: 4 Jun 2010

    jaycloth wrote:

    UPDATE:

    After a week off the zinc, the pain in my joints has all but disappeared, although I'm still having stomach pain and loose craps - it is improving slowly though.

    With the benefit of knowing this - I definetely wouldn't recommend this to anyone - and I would assume that commercial "volume pills" would have a similar effect - on me, anyway.

    btw what quantities were you taking the zinc in??

    1282354587
    jackador123 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 545
    • Joined: 3 Sep 2009

    Quite worrying this zinc thing I just think you had had excessive amounts of zinc in your system never too good to have alot needs to be balanced. And these pills sometimes dont have the quantities they state in them may have been more. Hope you're getting better.

    1282868774
    jaycloth [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 70
    • Joined: 22 Feb 2010

    Doug wrote:

    jaycloth wrote:

    UPDATE:

    After a week off the zinc, the pain in my joints has all but disappeared, although I'm still having stomach pain and loose craps - it is improving slowly though.

    With the benefit of knowing this - I definetely wouldn't recommend this to anyone - and I would assume that commercial "volume pills" would have a similar effect - on me, anyway.

    btw what quantities were you taking the zinc in??

    25mg daily

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.