£1.79 Next Day delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  1. Sexiest/ most attractive characters in books (not erotica)

Rowan [sign in to see picture]

I was wondering if anyone else out there reads normal literature and finds themselves drawn to certain characters? As someone who is far less visually stimulated than many here I get many of my kiiks from writing and reading and my base is usually not in erotica, though it serves a purpose...So, does Dumas make your toes curl? Perhaps conan Doyle wrote a character you'd teach a lesson, or did you just read something with a particularly appealing flow? For all those that spout sonnets and would tame the shrew I ask you, who is it that thrills, top five and why? (extendable if there is a very good reason ;)

Rowan [sign in to see picture]

P.S. Twilight references wil NOT be tolerated.

KittyPurry [sign in to see picture]

Awesome idea for a thread my lovely!

- Viola/Cesario (Twelfth Night) - Brave, selfless, just totally amazing!

- Ophelia (Hamlet) - Tragically beautiful

- Beatrice (Much Ado About Nothing) - witty, headstrong

- Constance Chatterly (Lady Chatterly's Lover) - wild and passionate

- Breaking the trend and actually lusting after/being slightly in love with a GUY (shock horror) I'd say Levin in Anna Karennina. He seems entirely real to me, a complete person - beautiful, soulful and flawed.

xxKPxx

prettyblueeyes [sign in to see picture]

Dean out of supernatural u may have seen the programmes of it as well.... but not only is he good lookig its the nature of him too......

Vampyrewillow [sign in to see picture]

I fell in love with Chris from Jodi Picoults "The Pact"

VW x

Wizzie86 [sign in to see picture]

Can't say no to a bit of mr darcy ;-)

WandA [sign in to see picture]

I don't really read fiction... Takes too much time and I find it rather inefficient, I like short pieces or I get bored.

I don't find book people sexy.

Doug [sign in to see picture]

wouldn't say sexy, but Sabrial from "Abhorsen" by Garth Nix is attractive

Muz333 [sign in to see picture]

WandA wrote:

I don't really read fiction... Takes too much time and I find it rather inefficient, I like short pieces or I get bored.

Unless of course the book happened to be a biography of me you mean.

Tigerlilies [sign in to see picture]

George Emerson - A Room wtih a View

suze9 [sign in to see picture]

Heathcliff from Wuthering Heights. The book was chosen for me for my higher English and I enjoyed it so much they never got their book back.

Ilovemyman [sign in to see picture]

Rowan wrote:

P.S. Twilight references wil NOT be tolerated.

I don't care Edward Cullen is so sexy (in the book) but i was so dissapointed with the film!!!! (and him in the film)

sexynurse09 [sign in to see picture]

prettyblueeyes wrote:

Dean out of supernatural u may have seen the programmes of it as well.... but not only is he good lookig its the nature of him too......

I hear you! Oooh the things i'd do.....

suze9 wrote:

Heathcliff from Wuthering Heights. The book was chosen for me for my higher English and I enjoyed it so much they never got their book back.

Really? See I've heard a lot of girls like a bit of Heathcliff and I was expecting this great romantic hero when I read Wuthering Heights but actually all I saw was a miserable abusive bully! Can I ask what the attraction for you is?

xxKPxx

WandA [sign in to see picture]

Muz333 wrote:

WandA wrote:

Unless of course the book happened to be a biography of me you mean.

I thought that was only 4 pages long?

KittyPurry wrote:

suze9 wrote:

Really? See I've heard a lot of girls like a bit of Heathcliff and I was expecting this great romantic hero when I read Wuthering Heights but actually all I saw was a miserable abusive bully! Can I ask what the attraction for you is?

xxKPxx

He was rather a cruel bully after Catherine married Edgar. It was more his younger self that I liked, I was 17 at the time and felt drawn to his character as a troubled soul who lost out on the woman he loved due to his lack of status even though she loved him as much as he did her.

suze9 wrote:

KittyPurry wrote:

suze9 wrote:

xxKPxx

He was rather a cruel bully after Catherine married Edgar. It was more his younger self that I liked, I was 17 at the time and felt drawn to his character as a troubled soul who lost out on the woman he loved due to his lack of status even though she loved him as much as he did her.

Ahhh that makes a bit more sense! Yes he wasn't always a b*stard as you say just a bit of a tearaway...if you're into the rebelious type I can see the appeal of a younger Heathcliff

I think the book was just a bit of a shock to my teenage self, I was expecting to be reading a beautiful romance and got an incredibly depressing story about a violent meanie!

xxKPxx

KittyPurry wrote:

suze9 wrote:

KittyPurry wrote:

suze9 wrote:

xxKPxx

Ahhh that makes a bit more sense! Yes he wasn't always a b*stard as you say just a bit of a tearaway...if you're into the rebelious type I can see the appeal of a younger Heathcliff

I think the book was just a bit of a shock to my teenage self, I was expecting to be reading a beautiful romance and got an incredibly depressing story about a violent meanie!

xxKPxx

Yes not really a good introduction to romance and was not my own choice of book but what I had picked did not have enough substance for a higher english paper but it was a book I enjoyed reading.

Tigerlilies [sign in to see picture]

Now that I have Benedict Cumberbatch as a visual, reading Sherlock Holmes has a got a lot more exciting.

Doug [sign in to see picture]

if intelligenceis attractive then Artemis Fowl is top of that pile

Thread closed

This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.