£1.79 Next Day delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  • Wait! We think you’re in the US - Lovehoney.com is a better site for you.
    Shop there and get 10% off!
    United States Flag
    Go to Lovehoney.com
  1. differences in perception of body modification according to sex

Nameless [sign in to see picture]

MM - I agree 100% about badly drawn and meaningless tattoos; such a high proportion of the ones I see fall into these categories that it must influence the way I feel about tattoos overall.

I don't know what a corset piercing is so could you explain please?

Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]

Nameless wrote:

MM - I agree 100% about badly drawn and meaningless tattoos; such a high proportion of the ones I see fall into these categories that it must influence the way I feel about tattoos overall.

I don't know what a corset piercing is so could you explain please?

A corset piercing is a series of surface piercings done to emulate the appearance of the lacing on the back of a corset. Two rows of bilaterally symmetrical piercings are performed and can be composed of as few as four piercings (two in each row) or as many as the length of the area being pierced (usually the back) and the vertical space between piercings will allow space for.

(From wikipedia) Picture:

http://tinyurl.com/3xpt4fu

This is a back one, however they can be anywhere from the back, chest, arms, legs, neck to back etc etc etc.

I am considering getting that done, along with my tongue, belly button and several tattoos. However I am going to wait a few years to make sure I truely want them before rushing into things.
    I was considering yin yang tattoo, as me and my OH have half of it in a necklace, you may be able to see it on my profile pic, otherwise its this: http://tinyurl.com/3yx4v4v but its smaller and real silver.

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

I really like number 3 on your not sexy list MM!

I don't agree though Nameless - I think tattoos are more common on men which is why I think I prefer non tattooed men with some exceptions.

Adx

Alicia D'amore wrote:

I really like number 3 on your not sexy list MM!

I don't agree though Nameless - I think tattoos are more common on men which is why I think I prefer non tattooed men with some exceptions.

Adx

Thanks Ad I do think tattoos are more common on men as well, unless on women they are usually more hidden?

I also - really really want a corset piercing but they're expensive for something temporary!

Adx

Alicia D'amore wrote:

I also - really really want a corset piercing but they're expensive for something temporary!

Adx

Indeed they are, but there are ways to increase the chances of them being more permanent. Using barbells intil they have healed, washing and cleaning regually (aided by someone as they are on the back) then using special like D shaped bars for the corset being laced. Of course, it depends on how well you heal and whether your body rejects them.
    What piercings do you have Ad?

Just my ears at the minute....I've always wanted a tongue piercing and I love snake bites but I think WandA would hate me to have snake bites and it's not good for jobs so it may end up just being the tongue in the future :P

At the minute I just don't have the spare cash though and like you, I want to wait until I'm 100% sure before I get anything permanent :)

Adx

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Just my ears at the minute....I've always wanted a tongue piercing and I love snake bites but I think WandA would hate me to have snake bites and it's not good for jobs so it may end up just being the tongue in the future :P

At the minute I just don't have the spare cash though and like you, I want to wait until I'm 100% sure before I get anything permanent :)

Adx

I am going to get my tongue pierced as well what kind of ear piercings and how many?
    I have 10 in my ears, 3 each side on the lobes, thats 10, one on my right cartilidge and then a 3 spiral piercing. http://wiki.bmezine.com/index.php/Ear_Spiral (top one)

Also I want this: ( a bent industrial bar)

http://thenaughtygirlboutique.com/industrialcartilage-2-5.aspx

and (tragus) http://www.bodypiercingline.com/tragus-piercing-pictures/

I only have one in each lobe, I don't want more in my ears as my ears are too tiny and very bendy due to the connective tissue problems I have.

I do like the look of some ear piercings though! I like the spiral one!

Adx

Nameless [sign in to see picture]

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Adx

It's hard to be sure and it probably depends on the country. It certainly seems to me that more women have them because I see far more women with them, but I expect that's partly because they are more on show, particularly the numerous ones you see just above the waist. I tried some quick research and found a 2007 survey of 400 undergradutes at an American University, which found that 25.8% of men and 28.3% of women had them. On the other hand, I spent 6 days earlier this year at an Italian coastal town that gets few overseas visitors, and I didn't see a single woman with a tattoo, so I expect a higher proportion of Italian men have them.

WandA [sign in to see picture]

On the whole piercings make me feel a bit ill... Some look cool but I can never get over the idea of stabby pain and creating little holiday homes for bacteria.

WandA wrote:

On the whole piercings make me feel a bit ill... Some look cool but I can never get over the idea of stabby pain and creating little holiday homes for bacteria.

That isnt really the idea usually WandA! Its just many people think they look nice as you can wear nice jewelerry. If you want stabby pain usually people actually stab themselves or self harm and I dont know many people who use piercings as a way of self harming.

And the bacteria thing, if you keep it clean you have no problems, its the same principle of cutting yourself accidently, you dont think oh no, I've created holiday homes for bacteria.

Alicia D'amore wrote:

I only have one in each lobe, I don't want more in my ears as my ears are too tiny and very bendy due to the connective tissue problems I have.

I do like the look of some ear piercings though! I like the spiral one!

Adx

Thats a shame, why do you have connective tissue problems?

Thanks about the spiral I like it as not many people have it

MMxx

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

WandA wrote:

That isnt really the idea usually WandA! Its just many people think they look nice as you can wear nice jewelerry. If you want stabby pain usually people actually stab themselves or self harm and I dont know many people who use piercings as a way of self harming.

And the bacteria thing, if you keep it clean you have no problems, its the same principle of cutting yourself accidently, you dont think oh no, I've created holiday homes for bacteria.

I know it's not for the pain but I'd still rather not go through pain I don't have to.

I'm also aware they can be cleaned and many people do clean them well etc but I just think many piercings are more unhygienic than, well, not having a hole there in the first place. Navel piercings are renowned for infections and I'd simply rather not have piercings as it's something that goes through my head when I see them even if not entirely rational. Each to one's own.

WandA wrote:

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

WandA wrote:

I know it's not for the pain but I'd still rather not go through pain I don't have to.

I'm also aware they can be cleaned and many people do clean them well etc but I just think many piercings are more unhygienic than, well, not having a hole there in the first place. Navel piercings are renowned for infections and I'd simply rather not have piercings as it's something that goes through my head when I see them even if not entirely rational. Each to one's own.

I take it you dont have piercings :) Yes most piercings are more hygienic, but if you keep it clean theres little or no risk. Navel piercings are because of they type of piercing and where it is.

No piercing for me. I know piercing are not anything to worry about but it's just what they sometimes remind me of so I'd never have one.

Just found this story... Now spoils one of the few piercings I did find attractive.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-10892773

Loves huni wrote:

WandA wrote:

Just found this story... Now spoils one of the few piercings I did find attractive.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-10892773

ha i never even thought about that leading to a gap between your teeth! well maybe thats one ill steer clear of! x

As it says, you can't really take it out either!

Genetic - makes me super bendy but super painy :)

Adx

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Genetic - makes me super bendy but super painy :)

Adx

I'd of quoted MM's post if I'd of realised hers wasn't the last post - I missed the extra page :(:S

Adx

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.