• differences in perception of body modification according to sex

    1281092422
    BashfulBabe [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 716
    • Joined: 24 Apr 2010

    Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

    No male genital piercings please. Aesthetically, they can be alright, but in use I absolutely hate Prince Albert piercings! Am I wierd?

    Not at all. I've never 'felt' one, but the idea of it freaks me out waaaay too much, I'd just keep thinking "what if it breaks, or catches on something, or the ball-y bit falls off and it stabs me?". I've had too many friends injure themselves of their lovers with a piercing, and I'm just the kind of accident-prone bad-luck magnet that would guarantee a skewering of the bad kind.

    Plus there's the constant thought of him peeing and it going through the 'new' hole as well. I just imagine those old cartoons where a guy gets riddled with bullets and gushes water out of all the holes, and want to laugh. And guys don't seem to appreciate laughter when waggling their manliness at you, strangely enough.

    1281093617
    Don Quaydiq [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 43
    • Joined: 15 Aug 2008

    Tigerlilies wrote:

    I'm proud to say that I don't discriminate against gender, when I judge all tattooed individuals as utter plebs.

    When will the world be as open minded as moi?

    Are you not 'tarring all with the same brush' here? I have three tattoos and have had a nipple piercing. As I choose to have these where I can show or cover them depending on the environment (I work in a professional organisation) - I resent being labelled an 'utter pleb'. If you met me you would not know I had any body modification if I did not want to share this.

    1281097591
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6178
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    Don Quaydiq wrote:

    Tigerlilies wrote:

    I'm proud to say that I don't discriminate against gender, when I judge all tattooed individuals as utter plebs.

    When will the world be as open minded as moi?

    Are you not 'tarring all with the same brush' here? I have three tattoos and have had a nipple piercing. As I choose to have these where I can show or cover them depending on the environment (I work in a professional organisation) - I resent being labelled an 'utter pleb'. If you met me you would not know I had any body modification if I did not want to share this.

    She might be joking about that DQ.

    1281104843
    Bear1 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Officer Cadet
    • Posts: 17
    • Joined: 5 Aug 2010

    I'd like a heart or a small rose down at her panty line in the front, but full on body tatts on her, I don't think so, but then again it's her choice not mine. Remember you wear it forever, you like the art work because "you" attach special meaning to it. Nothing hurts worse than having it lasered off!!

    1281107734
    tallboy247 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 981
    • Joined: 7 Jul 2008

    Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

    Ecksvie wrote:

    One thing I will NEVER find attractive? Ear stretching.

    Not a great fan of that either.. Nothing worse than the thought of a big floppy ear doing Dumbo tricks when you're trying to kiss...

    If it's just a little bit strectched then thats fine, but anymore than an inch and I cringe.

    Trying to kiss what Avrielle........

    1281107776
    tallboy247 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 981
    • Joined: 7 Jul 2008

    Oops mean Ecksvie- sorry the above post will self delete in 10...9.....8.....7.....

    1281107865
    Don Quaydiq [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 43
    • Joined: 15 Aug 2008

    WandA wrote:

    Don Quaydiq wrote:

    Tigerlilies wrote:

    I'm proud to say that I don't discriminate against gender, when I judge all tattooed individuals as utter plebs.

    When will the world be as open minded as moi?

    Are you not 'tarring all with the same brush' here? I have three tattoos and have had a nipple piercing. As I choose to have these where I can show or cover them depending on the environment (I work in a professional organisation) - I resent being labelled an 'utter pleb'. If you met me you would not know I had any body modification if I did not want to share this.

    She might be joking about that DQ.

    Ahhh...ok. <steps down from soapbox>

    1281108490
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6178
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    I think the funny bit was claiming to be open minded but 'tarring everyone with the same brush' the previous line. made me laugh anyways!

    1281112863
    KittyPurry [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 1265
    • Joined: 22 Aug 2009

    I don't discriminate between genders...(with the exception of DD) I'm only attracted to women so I only find female body mods sexy/attractive but I can certainly appreciate nice ink/piercings on anyone from an artistic point of view.

    I've never been attracted to a person because of their tattoos or inspite of them...like I wouldn't be attracted to a girl any more or less depending on say the shoes she was wearing but, like shoes, particularly nice tats might catch my eye or enhance the figure that's already there....still very much the figure that I'd be lusting after though! I also like different tattoos for different reasons, I like the purely decorative ones that follow the contours of the body but I also like writing and pictures that have a personal meaning to the bearer, it's interesting to catch a glimpse of someones life story/personality!

    People have said they think tattoos don't suit some people but I disagree, I love it when I see a random tattoo on someone prim and proper that I wouldn't otherwise expect to. I think it suggests a wild/impulsive side and I find that rather appealing!

    I like lip piercings because I have to lipread a lot of the time and these piercings give me something a bit different and pretty to look at! I like the idea of tongue piercings but alas have not had the pleasure of kissing someone with one...yet

    The only piercings I really don't like are septum piercings because they make me think of bulls!

    xxKPxx

    1281114208
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6178
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    KittyPurry wrote:

    The only piercings I really don't like are septum piercings because they make me think of bulls!

    xxKPxx

    I was trying to remember what they were called last night! I don't like them really...

    1281125760
    lookslikefun [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 265
    • Joined: 2 May 2010

    Loves huni wrote:

    *rant over*

    ..no rant, LH. No rant. Good explanaton. If that was a rant, I wish more people in the interweb would rant like that.

    To the queston: a definate maybe.

    For tats and piercings on / in others whether male or female, I am completely context dependent. I like the surprise, chatting away to a table-neighbour at Oktoberfest, her hair's up and I catch site of a claw-tip at the nape of her neck. Wossat? Turns out to have an 80cm dragon in colour from there down to her bum. Never saw it all :-( , but in this context, a fantastically erotic mix. But have had a GF who then had a couple of v small tattoos done, but done badly, (simple graphics, poorly needled, no subtlety) and it was a huge turn-off for an otherwise sexy girl.

    For blokes, I agree that there is a higher expectation that you'll find a tattoo, obviously from regimental/ship/unit traditions, but there are still plenty of foolish and frankly piss poor decisions on show every day. So, very context dependent, and you can almost see some people becoming prisoners of their tattoos if they were poorly chosen and or executed,

    For piercings, more of the same. A gently perforated woman whether tongue, nips, clit hood, navel,...or a combination can be fantastic. But, like chosing clothing all this adornment must be in context of the body and body image of the wearer. Sometimes it just doesn't sit right.

    My expectation is more for piercings amongst the women I know, those I see or appear in the media. Amongst the men, the acceptance is lower, but I have the feeling that the more intimate stuff simply doesn't get talked about except by the OA. There are of course the 'beautiful people', models and narcissists, but looking for example at athletes, it's the girls that are holier than the men (as far as we can tell-and we can see a lot), and that suits my tastes right now thankyou.

    Me, I'm holding back because

    • I know getting a tattoo or a piercing has to be 'office friendly'; 100,000 employee- firm and I've got a desk job with all sorts of contact to very conservative decision makers, and as a Brit abroad am already an outsider.
    • I also know it's going to be a reaction to the failure of a 12-year relationship; not always the best precursor to a decision about body modification. Probably up there with 'pissed with mates in a sea-port' for risk...

    I'll let the OA know if and when I get something more interesting than an ear done...

    1281155677
    Nameless [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 90
    • Joined: 1 Jul 2010

    I take broadly the same view in relation to men and women. When it comes to large amounts of 'body art', I'd tend to think in terms of more feminine designs working better on women.

    I particularly dislike what I consider 'chav style' nondescript tats positioned just above the waist on women, seemingly so people can see them practically all the time, Similarly, I'm not keen on belly piercings and particularly ones with dangling bits. So, both of these apply far more to women, but I wouldn't like them on men either!

    1281156443
    Bear1 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Officer Cadet
    • Posts: 17
    • Joined: 5 Aug 2010

    There will not be a Albert in my future, although I miss the pierced nipples and the left ear lobe. I have a tat between my shoulder blades of the Sun with Yin and Yang. I want a Chinese Dragon of good size across my upper back with beautiful coloring clutching the Pearl of Life with my beloveds name emblazened upon it She is the one thing that through the journey, I finally met and we both fell in Love........

    Piercings and Tats on her, it's her body, it's her choice.......One wears it for all eternity when one committs to a tat.......IMHO

    1281164943
    Muz333 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 696
    • Joined: 18 Apr 2010

    Loves huni wrote:

    i want some form of lilly (not a tacky one a very well detailed one)

    Remind me some time to upload a picture of my lilly tattoo for you. It has a few beads of water on it and the waves crashing over into in a traditional Japanese style. It's one of my chest plates because I like flower tattoos. Other than cherry blossom, maple leaves etc I have some spider lilies on my inner left thigh with a Koi fish swimming between them. :)

    1281171758
    LIL_KNOWN69 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 140
    • Joined: 9 Oct 2005

    i like tatoos on both women and men but theres certain ones i prefer on each side, girly tats for girls and manly tats for boys is how it should go otherwise im really not interested. as with piercings and such the same rule applies i want girls to still be feminine and men to be manly.

    much love LKS xx

    1281176808
    Gyrator53 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 774
    • Joined: 27 Sep 2007

    I'm glad to see that some others share my dislike of tattoos and piercings - I thought it might just be me being an old f@rt.

    I really liked the comment by Chris Moyles that Fearne Cotton in a bikini looked like Banksy's ironing board.

    1281178226
    toxycat [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 462
    • Joined: 25 Dec 2009

    I think it depends how they are done.....some can look tacky and cheap....however if done well.......can look very sexy.

    For a tattoo to look sexy i think it needs to be something unusual...not run of the mill..i hate those type of tattoos where it looks like theres been no thought about it........a tattoo for tattoos sake.

    I feel the same about piercings........i think if you go overboard with them..it can put me off......but the odd one here and there can be very sexy!!!

    I personally havent got either........only ever had my belly button done....but had to get it removed when i was pregnant...iv never even had my ears pierced...lol

    I am however contemplating getting a small tattoo.......have been thinking about it for a while.....whether i make that leap...who knows!!

    1281192790
    Nameless [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 90
    • Joined: 1 Jul 2010

    I could add that female tattoos have have become so widespread in the UK that if a see a woman (e.g. on a beach) without one, it does seem like they are expressing something about themselves by NOT having one and wanting to be a bit different! I wouldn't think that about a man.

    1281195173
    Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2582
    • Joined: 18 Apr 2010

    For me it depends on the person, the personality and then what they look like. But that also depends on how 'tasteful' things are.
    I like tattoos that have a true meaning to that person, they are incredibly sexy. However, I am sorry but I just dont find all over body tattoos sexy, just over the top, a full back piece is tasteful enough without including the arms and legs. However small tattoos away from the back piece add to the sex appeal.

    That being said, I find badly drawn and tattoos with no meaning extremely unattractive, a tattoo is for life, it is supposed to be a piece of art and your body the canvas, not a sudden decision on getting one, walking into a tattooist, getting a tribal etc and then regretting it once you are 10 years older. And face tattoos, really dont like them.

    I like piercings, but it also depends on the type of piercing and person, I cant find lip piercings sexy, sorry! I do find tongue piercings sexy, and some body piercings. I dont like piercings that are all over.

    I also cant find scarification sexy at all.

    Sexy:

    1. http://tiny.cc/fhcbu
    2. http://tiny.cc/5w918
    3. http://tiny.cc/j73dr
    4. http://tiny.cc/vt3xg
    5. http://tiny.cc/kymf8

    Not sexy:

    1. http://www.scarabbodyarts.com/scarification.nxg
    2. http://tiny.cc/hgrrg
    3. http://tiny.cc/x58l5
    4. http://tiny.cc/anqkt
    5. http://tiny.cc/2ryov
    6. http://tiny.cc/79yvw

    Sometimes it does depend on gender for me, as I just dont like men who have their belly button pierced or a corset piercing. Maybe I am stereotypical?

    Anyway, after a long rambling post with different websites and pictures, the conclusion for me is that I like most body piercings and tattoos on both genders if they have meaning and are well drawn however, some piercings and tattoos are gender specific for my liking.
    I am very sorry if I have offended anyone in my long rambling answer, it wasnt supposed to be discriminative, just my personal likes and dislikes.

    1281195665
    Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2582
    • Joined: 18 Apr 2010

    MasqueradeMinx wrote:

    For me it depends on the person, the personality and then what they look like. But that also depends on how 'tasteful' things are.
    I like tattoos that have a true meaning to that person, they are incredibly sexy. However, I am sorry but I just dont find all over body tattoos sexy, just over the top, a full back piece is tasteful enough without including the arms and legs. However small tattoos away from the back piece add to the sex appeal.

    That being said, I find badly drawn and tattoos with no meaning extremely unattractive, a tattoo is for life, it is supposed to be a piece of art and your body the canvas, not a sudden decision on getting one, walking into a tattooist, getting a tribal etc and then regretting it once you are 10 years older. And face tattoos, really dont like them.

    I like piercings, but it also depends on the type of piercing and person, I cant find lip piercings sexy, sorry! I do find tongue piercings sexy, and some body piercings. I dont like piercings that are all over.

    I also cant find scarification sexy at all.

    Sexy:

    1. http://tiny.cc/fhcbu
    2. http://tiny.cc/5w918
    3. http://tiny.cc/j73dr
    4. http://tiny.cc/vt3xg
    5. http://tiny.cc/kymf8

    Not sexy:

    1. http://www.scarabbodyarts.com/scarification.nxg
    2. http://tiny.cc/hgrrg
    3. http://tiny.cc/x58l5
    4. http://tiny.cc/anqkt
    5. http://tiny.cc/2ryov
    6. http://tiny.cc/79yvw

    Sometimes it does depend on gender for me, as I just dont like men who have their belly button pierced or a corset piercing. Maybe I am stereotypical?

    Anyway, after a long rambling post with different websites and pictures, the conclusion for me is that I like most body piercings and tattoos on both genders if they have meaning and are well drawn however, some piercings and tattoos are gender specific for my liking.
    I am very sorry if I have offended anyone in my long rambling answer, it wasnt supposed to be discriminative, just my personal likes and dislikes.

    I will be very suprised if anyone actually reads all of my reply and really shocked if anyone looks at a couple of the pics. I will be blown away if anyone actually reads all of the post and looks at all the pics. lol

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.