FREE 1 Day Delivery - Spend £50 and 24-hour tracked delivery is FREE
  1. differences in perception of body modification according to sex

Rowan [sign in to see picture]

I was wondering how one's perception of an individuals body modifications can/ are seen differently depending on whether they are male or female, this is primarily meant to apply to generalities though comments on individuals or exceptions to your 'rule' of thumb reaction and opinion. Do you see body mods on men and women differently and if so how? If I could collate the yes/ no's it would make me very happy :)

SEXYGET 69 [sign in to see picture]

No I see them as the same. SG :-)

WandA [sign in to see picture]

Well if a women had a scrotal piercing I'd look at her differently... Other than that then it's all the same, it's either tasteful or not in my opinion.

SnoWMan [sign in to see picture]

This sounds suspiciously like it could be a question title of an essay.... are you trying to get everyone to do your work....lol

Rowan [sign in to see picture]

Hmmm...If you added geographical location I could turn it into an isograph and call it cultural research in a changing social environment ;)

Tigerlilies [sign in to see picture]

I'm proud to say that I don't discriminate against gender, when I judge all tattooed individuals as utter plebs.

When will the world be as open minded as moi?

Tigerlilies wrote:

I'm proud to say that I don't discriminate against gender, when I judge all tattooed individuals as utter plebs.

Oooo cold... and with the use of plebs and moi slightly pretentious.

It does spoil a potential spy career.

Ecksvie [sign in to see picture]

Piercings and tattoos, I don't really like, but every now and then I do see a tattoo that I quite like. I only like them when they're reasonably new though, I dont like it when they've been there a few years and they start blurring/fading. I dont like anything too big and brash. I've always said that if I ever got insane enough to want a tattoo, it would be something small and discrete in a relatively hidden place.

I tend to find that kind of thing more attractive on women than men, although only on the right women. Some women can pull it off, others can't. It's all a question of style. Having said all of that though, I find women in general much more attractive than men, whether they've got piercings etc or not. However, give me a choice between a woman with piercings/tattoos that dont really suit her, and a bloke who's just as he is, I'd have a hard time picking. As I said, I generally find women much more attractive than men, but in my own personal opinion, I think such body mods "ruin" more people than they improve. Single ear lobe piercings for girls are fine, but nothing else.

One thing I will NEVER find attractive? Ear stretching.

An inch? Even a centimetre would be too much for me! I guess its a sign of punkiness or something. I really dont know why these people would do it otherwise!

WandA wrote:

Tigerlilies wrote:

You love it, WandA.

Sam66 [sign in to see picture]

I like women who are unique - these days that means all those without tattoos or piercings.

Similarly with men - I think we look so much better ... unadorned!

Muz333 [sign in to see picture]

I like tattoos but on a women I feel it has to be a bit smaller. Not a fan of excessive piercing on either sex either.

I have all the time in the world for a tongue stud.

And I recall Hella mentioning something about the joys of a Prince Albert and the A Spot......

Tigerlilies wrote:

WandA wrote:

Tigerlilies wrote:

You love it, WandA.

O I do!

Amusing, slightly offensive and it actually has some truth in it.

Reminds me of someone I very much like...

I probably shouldn't but I can't help but judge some people for some mods... I just feel they just show a lack of foresight, I don't expect many people with those devil horns are employed as teachers/bankers etc...Of course many people who have them have no intention of being so 'mainstream' but it just seems silly to limit yourself so much to me... I guess I'm too vanilla!

I think it's probably quite alot to do with the person's personality and such. I think the people who do go into professional jobs and want body mods at least do it in a way that can be taken out (piercings) or hidden under clothing in a professional environment.

I think anyone getting anything permanent and obvious should consider what it's going to do to their future, job prospects being among that. I dont mean to offend anyone, but from all the people I know with tattoos, those who have large, obvious ones that can't be hidden, they're all the type that either lacked the intelligence to think about it beforehand, felt that having the tattoo was more important than the future, again, showing a lack of intelligence, or accept that they don't have the intelligence and they're probably gonna be working in a shop for the rest of their lives anyway.

I dont mean to offend anyone here who has tattoos, but thats the way it has been so far in my experience. I do know some very intelligent people who have tattoos, and some of them do have high ranking and important jobs, but their tattoos, without exception, are all those that are easily hidden.

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

WandA wrote:

You mean you don't you! *rolls eyes*

I unintentionally discriminate and I've only just realised :(

I think women with body modifications look better than boys...apart from Ami on Miami Ink *drools*

As a rule of thumb like - there are equally dreadful tattoos on both genders and equally amazing tattoos on both genders...maybe it's just because it was more acceptable for men to have body mods for a long time so there are more done and thus more potential mistakes? :S

Adx

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

No male genital piercings please. Aesthetically, they can be alright, but in use I absolutely hate Prince Albert piercings! Am I wierd?

No. I dislike them too... They make me think of people putting needles in my penis...

Alicia D'amore wrote:

WandA wrote:

You mean you don't you! *rolls eyes*

Errr I was thinking Frankie Boyle! I would never be so shallow.

diamonds [sign in to see picture]

I'm not overly keen on tattoos, but there's been a few I've seen that I think look nice but 95% of the time there just not my cup of tea. However just cos I'm not keen on them I wouldn't make me dislike them as a person or stop me having a relationship if the personality and spark and attraction was there.

There's on thing I really can't stand though and I think looks really tacky is when it's a womens wedding day they have the most amazing dress on and the whole look just seems ruined to me when they have there tattoos showing on there back/arms it Jay looks like all the class has gone to me. :-/

Not really into piercing, I have my ears pierced twice but that's it and now I'm older I never wear any earrings in my second holes.

Dxx

Thread closed

This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.