• Wait! We think you’re in the US - Lovehoney.com is a better site for you.
    Shop there and get 10% off!
    United States Flag
    Go to Lovehoney.com
  1. Are we all a little bit odd????

    1281024256
    jackador123 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 545
    • Joined: 3 Sep 2009

    I guess its easier on the forum to talk about sex theres still a bit of anomousity so we feel easier to talk about sex here.

    1281025861
    Malteser81 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 851
    • Joined: 2 Aug 2009

    Personally i'm the type that doesnt mind what I talk about or to who. No subjects bother me but I will admit that, apart from my sister, the OA is the only place where I chat about the exacts specifics of my sexual relationship.

    1281028879
    Firewolf [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 143
    • Joined: 28 Jul 2010

    Well.. If my OH found out I was chatting on here about sex and such, yea, I think he'd be pretty freaked out and most likely angry at me.

    Though seeing as he well, talked stuff to some friends of his in the past (which escalated eventually into a gigantic fit between me and that friend), I dont think he oughta complain

    All in all, I think we're all here are a bit open minded, and because we just show our avatar and such here, it gives some protection. Generally I can talk faster about 'taboo' subjects over the internet.

    But, yup, we're definately weird, odd, knocked on the head- whatever you prefer!

    But, that's a good thing, because if everyone was normal, the world would be a boring and sad place. We brighten up the day I say

    1281029105
    Nameless [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 90
    • Joined: 1 Jul 2010

    Muz333 wrote:

    I think we're the enlightened minority that don't care about stigmas and other peoples opinions. In fact I find my friends weird for not owning any sex toys!

    But are you sure they would tell you if they did own any? I'd imagine that a pretty high proportion of women own at least one, and a much lower proportion of men, but if actully asked any of my friends if they do, I suspect the majority wouldn't be inclined to tell me.

    1281029449
    Firewolf [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 143
    • Joined: 28 Jul 2010

    Generally I think women are easier to tell their friends if they have a sextoy.

    I certainly didn't make it a secret to them that I had one though, also bought one of them a nice one for her 18th birthday (along with some other stuff, my idea was to make Survival kit for her for when her boyfriend was out of town, she liked, though she said she's not going to use the vibrator).

    Is porn a sex toy? I mean, it does help I guess, so it should be- And Im sure most men got tons of that ;)

    1281029533
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6178
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    Firewolf wrote:

    Generally I think women are easier to tell their friends if they have a sextoy.

    I certainly didn't make it a secret to them that I had one though, also bought one of them a nice one for her 18th birthday (along with some other stuff, my idea was to make Survival kit for her for when her boyfriend was out of town, she liked, though she said she's not going to use the vibrator).

    Is porn a sex toy? I mean, it does help I guess, so it should be- And Im sure most men got tons of that ;)

    But she probably has? Surely curiosity would compel her.

    1281029767
    Firewolf [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 143
    • Joined: 28 Jul 2010

    My guess is as good as yours on that Im afraid, though we all can say we're quite sure she did- No one can resist the pink stick of goodness

    1281032150
    toxycat [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 462
    • Joined: 25 Dec 2009

    Firewolf wrote:

    Generally I think women are easier to tell their friends if they have a sextoy.

    I certainly didn't make it a secret to them that I had one though, also bought one of them a nice one for her 18th birthday (along with some other stuff, my idea was to make Survival kit for her for when her boyfriend was out of town, she liked, though she said she's not going to use the vibrator).

    Is porn a sex toy? I mean, it does help I guess, so it should be- And Im sure most men got tons of that ;)

    you can gurantee those people that say they would never use a sextoy ........probably do.......think they think society will burn you at the stake if you admit to masturbating!!.....

    1281032687
    Firewolf [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 143
    • Joined: 28 Jul 2010

    Hence the saying.. Everytime you masturbate god kills a kitten

    Anyhow, with all the sex and nudeness in advertising, video clips, and so forth, kids can get more easily on with sex I suppose.

    Though I find it rather distressing that they curse about 20 times worse then I do, and seeing girls of 10 in short skirts and a mini top freaks me out.

    1281037436
    titania [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 92
    • Joined: 24 Jul 2009

    I fall into the category of someone who is more comfortable talking about sex anonymously.

    Its not so much that I don't want to talk about it with friends face to face as I don't want to broach the subject when I've really no idea what their reaction would be. If someone else brought it up and made it clear they were open minded I would be happy to discuss stuff.

    Most of the friends I see regularly are other mums I've met since having my kids. About the only conversation relating to sex that comes up is how infrequently people are having it - a common theme after kids it seems and one which I've experienced myself. I don't know them well enough to tell whether they would be wierded out if they knew I what was in my sex toy box. If one of them asked me what sex toys I've got I probably wouldn't be honest. I've got one close friend with whom I'd be comfortable mentioning stuff but they subject doesn't really come up.

    So, I'm very glad this forum exists and that you are all so lovely and friendly and open-minded. Long live the OA!

    1281038051
    Nameless [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 90
    • Joined: 1 Jul 2010

    Firewolf wrote:

    My guess is as good as yours on that Im afraid, though we all can say we're quite sure she did- No one can resist the pink stick of goodness

    I suppose you could be really cheeky and say to her: "If you're not going to use it, I'd like it back please."

    1281039301
    Firewolf [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 143
    • Joined: 28 Jul 2010

    As a rule of mine I don't ask gifts back, not even for a joke- She's a bit blond (No offense to blondies!) and will think Im rather serious about it

    1281040481
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6178
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    Firewolf wrote:

    As a rule of mine I don't ask gifts back, not even for a joke- She's a bit blond (No offense to blondies!) and will think Im rather serious about it

    You could ask... just to see if she has used it. If she panics then you know it's used!

    1281045801
    Thin One [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 99
    • Joined: 13 Mar 2010

    I'm pretty shy and rarely talk about sex with others but I can come on this forum and talk about my health problems, my body insecurities and my joy of anal toys! :) This forum is quite a rare thing actually as there seems to be a lot of level headed people here and a good sense of community. I'm on other non-sex forums and people are at each others throats every 5 minutes... If it wasn't for work I'd be on here more often.

    1281052436
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6178
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    Does anyone else consider themselves a bit of a missionary (Oooo er!)? Educating the sexually uneducated with weird and wonderful tales from the online world and persona experience? I have a few friends who are much more interested in discussing sex since they found out my ideas... I think plenty of people would discuss it but don't like the idea of embarrassment or fear.

    1281052640

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2373
    • Joined: 30 Oct 2008

    i find it easier on lh to talk about sex to people i don't know for real but hey isn't that part of the fun thing about this site it's like sex with no comeback

    1281052687
    Muz333 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 696
    • Joined: 18 Apr 2010

    WandA wrote:

    Does anyone else consider themselves a bit of a missionary (Oooo er!)? Educating the sexually uneducated with weird and wonderful tales from the online world and persona experience? I have a few friends who are much more interested in discussing sex since they found out my ideas... I think plenty of people would discuss it but don't like the idea of embarrassment or fear.

    I feel like a Guru to my group of friends and they see me as some sort of leader in the sexual frontier. It's pretty great actually.

    1281053080

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2373
    • Joined: 30 Oct 2008

    just write about them instead is it aa

    1281053638
    Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3406
    • Joined: 2 Feb 2008

    Muz333 wrote:

    WandA wrote:

    Does anyone else consider themselves a bit of a missionary (Oooo er!)? Educating the sexually uneducated with weird and wonderful tales from the online world and persona experience? I have a few friends who are much more interested in discussing sex since they found out my ideas... I think plenty of people would discuss it but don't like the idea of embarrassment or fear.

    I feel like a Guru to my group of friends and they see me as some sort of leader in the sexual frontier. It's pretty great actually.

    I'm the same, I'll talk to anyone and everyone about it these days, just because I think people should and I don't care what people think of me :P

    Adx

    1281054033
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6178
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

    Um.. Apart from some very old internet legends that have been around for years (gerbal feltching and the like) I tend to avoid the silly stories these days! I have a tendancey to be gullable(sp? - Do I need to check if it's in the dictionary??) and believe everything I read! Lol! So I don't have many discussions about the weird and wonderful sex tales that are out there anymore.

    No. Course it is.

    Are you getting confused with the thesaurus cos it's not in that?

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.