FREE 1 Day Delivery - Spend £50 and 24-hour tracked delivery is FREE
  1. One for the girls (pill question)

occhiverdi [sign in to see picture]

no you get two types of pill packs.... I am on the 3 weeks with 1 week off... other pills do 4 week so pills but the 4th week dont contain hormone. Don't worry. Take it for three... off a week... period arrives usually around day 2/3 and then start up again on day 7.

SnL [sign in to see picture]

Thank you! Stopped panicking. Hmm fascinating how something so little can have a big effect.

SnL wrote:

Thank you! Stopped panicking. Hmm fascinating how something so little can have a big effect.

I've been on it since I was 17 for PCOS.... I have it right next to my bed and phone so i see it right away and remember to take it... also have an alarm to double remind me.

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

occhiverdi wrote:

Thought I'd bump this post so all the pill chat is together!

Anyway I'm on Yasmin and have taken the pill for 2 months in a row, I'm now on pack 3 and my doc told me that this is ok to do. .... has anyone had bleeding start before they finish their pill pack?

I've had breakthrough bleeding, I bled hardly anything on Friday, stopped Saturday and its started up again and I'm not sure whether to carry on with the 2 weeks left or just stop and let my period start.... not too impressed to be honest!

Hi Occhi - I know people have answered you already but hopefully some more help can calm you a little!

I've been trying to find the best pill for me for months - went on Ovranette at 15, Microgynon at 16/17, then changed to Yasmin last year and have tried at least (I lose count) 3 others in 9 months. So in all, I've tried at least 6.

On Ovranette and Microgynon I could take 6 packets in a row without bleeding. On my last pill, I bled for 3 weeks solid when I took more than one packet. It's nothing to worry about (I should stress - if you normally take more than one and have no extra bleeding then see a doctor because any *change* can be a warning sign) if you've never taken more than one packet on this pill then it's likely to be fine. If you want to take more than one packet in a row then you can try a differen pill but it depends on yourself, if you're happy on Yasmin and happy to take one packet at a time then it's fine.

I'm changing so often trying to find the right balance of side effects ranging from long bleeds whilst still taking tablets, psycho/depressed moods (the current one I'm trying made me cry at birthday cards :S), headaches, dryness, lack of libido, increased joint pain...I will find one that suits me though......eventually.

Adx

Alicia D'amore wrote:

occhiverdi wrote:

Thought I'd bump this post so all the pill chat is together!

Anyway I'm on Yasmin and have taken the pill for 2 months in a row, I'm now on pack 3 and my doc told me that this is ok to do. .... has anyone had bleeding start before they finish their pill pack?

I've had breakthrough bleeding, I bled hardly anything on Friday, stopped Saturday and its started up again and I'm not sure whether to carry on with the 2 weeks left or just stop and let my period start.... not too impressed to be honest!

Hi Occhi - I know people have answered you already but hopefully some more help can calm you a little!

I've been trying to find the best pill for me for months - went on Ovranette at 15, Microgynon at 16/17, then changed to Yasmin last year and have tried at least (I lose count) 3 others in 9 months. So in all, I've tried at least 6.

On Ovranette and Microgynon I could take 6 packets in a row without bleeding. On my last pill, I bled for 3 weeks solid when I took more than one packet. It's nothing to worry about (I should stress - if you normally take more than one and have no extra bleeding then see a doctor because any *change* can be a warning sign) if you've never taken more than one packet on this pill then it's likely to be fine. If you want to take more than one packet in a row then you can try a differen pill but it depends on yourself, if you're happy on Yasmin and happy to take one packet at a time then it's fine.

I'm changing so often trying to find the right balance of side effects ranging from long bleeds whilst still taking tablets, psycho/depressed moods (the current one I'm trying made me cry at birthday cards :S), headaches, dryness, lack of libido, increased joint pain...I will find one that suits me though......eventually.

Adx

Hi Ad!

Well I tried Microgynon and it made me a bit paranoid as well as dianette.... Yaz and Yasmin are great and for some reason break through happens for a day at a time...

I am hoping it will stop and I've decided to keep taking my pill so I dont mess it up!!

Yasmin is known for migrains!!

WakkaWakka [sign in to see picture]

Cerazette does need to be taken every day without any breaks. Stop it and it stops working.
    I don't think the info on your box is right.

occhiverdi wrote:

Hi Ad!

Well I tried Microgynon and it made me a bit paranoid as well as dianette.... Yaz and Yasmin are great and for some reason break through happens for a day at a time...

I am hoping it will stop and I've decided to keep taking my pill so I dont mess it up!!

Yasmin is known for migrains!!

Different pills give different people different side effects so what works for me might not work for you.

Yasmin was fine for me but messed with my joints!

How many days in are you?

I find, if I start to bleed during the second packet, I have to stop taking it otherwise I end up bleeding until my break. I'm sure I read in one of them that it's ok to do that with the second packet (but never the first) and take a seven day break whenever you want but you'd need to check the leaflet for your one if that's ok. If you've got a while left to take of the second packet you might want to check in case you continue bleeding for a long time - it gives you the option at least. A three week bleed is certainly not fun ;)

Hope it passes quickly though :)

Adx

Oh I know how long long bleeds aren't fun, before my PCOS was regulated, I was able to bleed heavily for a full month.... had to get special medication to stop it so for me the pill is a godsend.

Yasmin is great for PCOS peeps as it contains Spiro which reduces the heavy hair growth a lot of us have.

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

I think I have just 'spotted' for the first time on my pill! Even though I have been taking it for years.

Hrmmm.

Is this something I should alert the doctor about since it has never happened before, or is it relatively normal?

I'm the same... spotted this week for the first time in 12 years or so!!!! I have a week and a bit to go so im going to keep going as not to mess it all up

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

I think I have just 'spotted' for the first time on my pill! Even though I have been taking it for years.

Hrmmm.

Is this something I should alert the doctor about since it has never happened before, or is it relatively normal?

Is it the first time you've done something different? E.g. taken a pill a few hours too late or taken an extra packet?

If it continues and you've not done anything different, then you should see a doctor as if you've not changed anything then it's not because of the pill and could be due to your body. It could be a number of things but you should see the doc :)

Adx

GingerConcubine [sign in to see picture]

Once I was on a one month course of antibiotics that took me three months to finish, so I knew I wouldn't be able to take the pill regularly enough (and I used to bluetac my pills to the face of my alarm clock.. no idea how I never took them) .

Had the implant in three months ago, one light period fairly soon after, since then only one day of bleeding :) No other side effect apart from the occasional mood swing (two so far in the three months).

Dirty Red Angel [sign in to see picture]

Yasmin - evil evil pill for me. Made me nauseous. Was so bad I had to stop taking it and am now on a new pack of Cilest, so far no problems but I took Yasmin for 2/3 months before the nausea kicked in.

Cerazette - i'm pretty sure this is a pill to be taken every day - I'm sure I was told not to take any breaks with it. However that particular pill made me bleed for three months solid, and, well, as you can imagine, got a bit cheesed off with that!!

I hate the pill really though - apart from the fact it messes with your hormones I'm sure my recent increased weight gain is not just down to too many cream cakes. Making me quite down about being fat

Dirty Red Angel wrote:

I hate the pill really though - apart from the fact it messes with your hormones I'm sure my recent increased weight gain is not just down to too many cream cakes. Making me quite down about being fat

I went on the pill at 15 so it could just have been natural - but when I went on the pill it took me to my ideal weight....I had tried everything to gain weight and it just sorted it for me :D guess I was lucky!

Adx

Dirty Red Angel [sign in to see picture]

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Dirty Red Angel wrote:

I went on the pill at 15 so it could just have been natural - but when I went on the pill it took me to my ideal weight....I had tried everything to gain weight and it just sorted it for me :D guess I was lucky!

Adx

I've just started taking the pill after a good 5 or 6 years off of it. I'm looking bumpier/curvier than I did before and I'm sure the pill is contributing

Bless you, it may be, don't let it get you down though....could you try the mini-pill, not sure if that has less weight gain attributed to it?

Adx

I'm the same, I can't not take the pill - the endo had me lying on the floor on my heavy days waiting for my painkillers to kick in. Now they vary depending on which pill I'm taking but they're 100 times better. It's why I went on the pill at 15. I was with my OH then but sex wasn't really on the cards then so it was more for me with an added bonus of future contraception.

Mood was always fine, I get snappy but we all do don't we ha! Though on one pill I was utterly miserable - it made me completely apathetic one minute and completely depressed and devastated the next. I was off that one as quickly as possible! I My current one is making me emotional but only tearful, I don't feel sad, I'm just crying at the drop of a hat.

Adx

I know what you mean .... I rely on it as without it i get depressed, spotty, hairy, no periods.... reallllly short tempered....

Yasmin has been great although it does make me a bit paranoid around my due week... i am not sure why but I've managed to not go a bit psycho on the OH

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

If you are suffering pain I find bottle of hot water on the stomach works best while waiting for painkillers to kick in (take up to few hours). I cannot go onto the pill, because it may seriously endanger my health, my body cannot handle it. But bottle with hot water works great to ease the pain. Without it I would be very unlikely to be even move and I feel sick from just sipping water at times. I also heard they sell special pillows powered by I think electricity or batteries (not sure) which can be used instead of the bottle, but bottle is cheaper. And what actually did help me a bit (but doubt it would work for endo, but for hormonal cases it may) was tea made of strawberry leaves, raspberry leaves and aldine lady´s-mantle (Alchemilla vulgaris). I stopped drinking it, but I will again. It did really help. I was suffering at that time with cramps all month and it reduced it to only the period and actually did make periods slightly less an ordeal.

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

Bump.

I came off the pill about 3 years ago now, as I had terrible side effects. I have been suffering with extremely sensitive skin for over 2and half years (it can go very itchy). All tests failed. I still need to talk to my doctor about this but I think I know what might have gone wrong. I always had very sensitive skin, but it started to worsen after I came off the pill. To the point it itches sooo much I cannot stand cloths at times (mainly ovulation, menstruation) and I have to be taking Zyrtec daily to keep it at bay. Considering that the itching can happen during pregnancy I just thought today it could be the pill causing it. Do you think its possible? I guess I have been very unlucky with the pill and I guess if this is what happened... Feeling bit down. The itching seems to be getting bit better, I rarely get the state when I really cannot take cloths on my skin, but it may also be thanks to me being permanently on Zyrtec...

It'd certainly be unusual if the pill caused it *after* you came off the pill?

I have no idea, I'm not a medical practitioner but could it be possible that actually the hormones helped the itching whilst you were on the pill and 6 months after coming off it the itching worsened?

You say your itching improves or worsens over your monthly cycle, or at least your sensitivity to material changes. That may be an indication of hormone related variation?

I'd suggest mentioning exactly what you've said here to your doctor and seeing if there's any evidence that skin conditions can be linked to hormones, which hormones play a role and if there's any hormone manipulation treatment that can be tried?

Adx

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.