99p Next Day delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  1. One for the girls (pill question)

[suspended user]

suspended user

yasmin's supposed to make ur tits huge!

SEXYGET 69 [sign in to see picture]

imeldaimelda wrote:

Some bas***d's been slipping Yasmin in me food I think!

SG69 x

miss_nat [sign in to see picture]

I take a pill you take all the time and if i remember to take it every day i don't have a period at all if i do forget to take it and i do have a period it's light and not painful at all i think its called Cerazette (i'm lazy and can't be bothered to go look upstairs)

MmeKitty [sign in to see picture]

Nexas wrote:

MmeKitty wrote:

Sooner they finish developing the male pill the better!

LMAO Indeed! Now see, I'd be perfectly happy to use something like this...depending on the side effects of course!

There was something in New Scientist last week (or so) which was saying they used female hormones in the male pill trial that ran in Scotland a few years back, and it made them all weepy and want to eat chocolate. I think they're trying a different approach now!

OperationFilth [sign in to see picture]

Actually, to add to this original discussion, im on dianette now (my first time taking "the pill" of any sort) and i have good and bad really - i havent experienced any of the mood/ depression/ libido loss issues i worried about - this was a big worry for me as i do have a history of depression... (doing well these days though, no real problems for a good while now :) )

My downsides with dianette is that i get a ridiculoud amount of breakthrough bleeding, and cramps worse than i've ever had them before... and i'd say my period is now far heavier than it naturally is. Im hoping this will sort itself out during the 3month trial, but if not then they're getting abandoned...

Picky McChoosey [sign in to see picture]

littlebird wrote:

I'm on Cilest and it has worked for me. Mine were so bad that I used to pass out every month! It does take quite a few months before things even out and I had awful headaches for a few weeks but for me it was worth it.

Cilest worked for me too in exactly the same way - I used to be in awful pain,pass out etc , though I was lucky to not get headaches. I have had to start experimenting with different pills now, as cilest no longer works for me, nor do some others i've tried since....I was on cilest for about 10 years, only now am I getting problems - but I don't think it's Cilestes fault....

miss_nat [sign in to see picture]

I think i got put on Cilest when i was about 17 for bad period pain but stopped taking it after a week because it kept making me sick, thats why i went on the injection but i bled more than i didn't so then i tried cerazette which on the whole works fine

miss fortune [sign in to see picture]

I went on cezarette before I started sleeping with OH (I was about 19) I'm still on it and I've had roughly 4 periods. I still get PMS sometimes but no bleeding, sometimes I get cramps and chocolate cravings.

[suspended user]

suspended user

sultry4gals wrote:

I have been on about 2/3 pills they made me go mad lol

I been on Depo that made me fat and always on !!

im now on mirana coil and its the best contraception I have ever had !!

Same here! Though i did have ovranette for a while and that did cut down on my flow, but not enough, i was still getting really ill every month, the coil has been a godsend, don't have to worry about having alarms set (rubbish with routine!) plus, hardly any bleeding and much much less discomfort!!!

Puppies77 [sign in to see picture]

It's just a case of trial and error I feel.

I'm very aprehensive of taking any pill now because I have had such a rough time with them. I took my first one when I was 17 and it triggered depression, I fell apart within 2 weeks of taking it. I don't remember what it was as it was soo long ago. I changed to a differant one and along with anti depressants, it seem to work ok.

I have tried a few differant pills over the years and have never really coped very well with them, only seeming to make my depression worse. I should state that the pill is not my only cause of depression but normally it is fairly controlled before I mess with my hormones, even pregnancy makes my depression la la......still worth it though.

Saying that having been pregnant 4 times if I were taking the pill..... lol

WandA [sign in to see picture]

SEXYGET 69 wrote:

imeldaimelda wrote:

Some bas***d's been slipping Yasmin in me food I think!

SG69 x

Hehe... The interent makes me giggle! ...That was more you then tho SG.

Firecracker [sign in to see picture]

sultry4gals wrote:

I have been on about 2/3 pills they made me go mad lol

I been on Depo that made me fat and always on !!

im now on mirana coil and its the best contraception I have ever had !!

Me too, the pill made me sickly, the depo made me put on 4 stone and I got pregnant (go figure!) so now I have the coil ... no periods, no pain, no sanitary products (saves me a fortune) only niggle is if sex is quite rough and a toy is used it can occasionally bump it which can be a bit uncomfortable for a day or so but thats no big worry considering

Tigerlilies [sign in to see picture]

I was interested in bumping this thread after discussing the pill with my GP. I asked for a prescription to Yasmin and he signed me up. Anyone else had experience with this pill? A lot of people mention weight gain but that's something I really need after pneumonia kicked seven shades of shit out of me. This will be my first foray into pill world as I've always used condoms (not that that's 100% secure, hence pill raid) Not going to stop using them either but I am looking forward to having some say in my body's chemistry.

crayola wrote:

I don't fancy the coil or [that thing in your arm which's name I can't recall!] because the whole not having regular periods thing would worry me sick. I need the sign I'm not pregnant (although I am aware some people don't stop when they're pregnant)

I'm on Yasmin now and that seems to be working nicely. Occassionally kicks me with a delay or a stomach cramp just to make sure I'm not too settled, but overall its great.

Thanks for all the advice people!

My GP discussed the cancer risks associated with the pill and explained that studies do show an increased risk in breast cancer but because there is significant support for a decreased risk of ovarian and uterine cancer the medical community see it as an even swap. He went over all the other side effects, good and bad, then almost as a last thought mentioned that of course it has its uses as a contraceptive. 'Yes' I said 'That is a bonus.'

WandA [sign in to see picture]

Tigerlilies wrote:

I was interested in bumping this thread after discussing the pill with my GP. I asked for a prescription to Yasmin and he signed me up. Anyone else had experience with this pill? A lot of people mention weight gain but that's something I really need after pneumonia kicked seven shades of shit out of me. This will be my first foray into pill world as I've always used condoms (not that that's 100% secure, hence pill raid) Not going to stop using them either but I am looking forward to having some say in my body's chemistry.

crayola wrote:

I don't fancy the coil or [that thing in your arm which's name I can't recall!] because the whole not having regular periods thing would worry me sick. I need the sign I'm not pregnant (although I am aware some people don't stop when they're pregnant)

I'm on Yasmin now and that seems to be working nicely. Occassionally kicks me with a delay or a stomach cramp just to make sure I'm not too settled, but overall its great.

Thanks for all the advice people!

My GP discussed the cancer risks associated with the pill and explained that studies do show an increased risk in breast cancer but because there is significant support for a decreased risk of ovarian and uterine cancer the medical community see it as an even swap. He went over all the other side effects, good and bad, then almost as a last thought mentioned that of course it has its uses as a contraceptive. 'Yes' I said 'That is a bonus.'

Yep, AdnaW! She'll probably respond. She changed to it a few months ago.

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

Yep, I'm currently on Yasmin. I started on the pill at 15 and have taken Ovranette, Microgynon and am now on Yasmin (for about 8 months).

I didn't notice any real difference between Yasmin and Microgynon, they both made my periods shorter, lighter and less painful (I used to have really bad periods and my gynae suspects I have endometriosis like my mum did - controlled by the pill so she didn't want to do the key hole surgery to confirm).

I do seem to get more moody on the pill around the time of my break and I do have dryness issues. My libido seems better on Yasmin than it did on Microgynon (it went down a lot previously which is why I've switched). I take about 5 packets in a row, during a 6th package I do get a period towards the end of the packet then again when I take my break so I don't take more than 5 now. Never had breakthrough bleeding on Yasmin.

I gained a little weight when I first went on the pill but I was 15 so that could be part of the reason too. I now vary from about 9st to 9st 5lb and I don't think the variation is pill related. I did feel a bit run down during the first few months of taking the pill but nothing to bad.

That's my experience but of course remember hormones are very variable between women so this is by no means "typical". I've heard dreadful things about Microgynon and yet for me it was brilliant so it just goes to show the differences that can occur. All you can do is try for yourself. If you have any negative side effects that persist after 3 months then ask your doctor to change you onto a different one, it's all about trial and error 'til you find the one that suits you, don't settle for negative side effects if you don't want them as there are tons of different pills you can try so there should be one to suit you! Hope this helps :)

Ax

Tigerlilies [sign in to see picture]

Hey Adna, thanks for sharing your experience x

missorgasm [sign in to see picture]

stubbled across this completly by acciedent! i have massive bloody problems with any contraception! i have been on every kind of pill available, injection,implant (mademe so ill i had it taken out) coils (both kind) a 'vaginal ring' which was interesting haha and im allergice to latext and the crap the non latex condoms are made of!!!!

at themoment im sticking with my pill, loestrin 30 as if im on no pill at all i have the most painfull and heavy monthlies il be in bed for a week and need shares in tampax! with a child its just not practical.

the side affects im getting at the min are- headaches, nausea, coming on at random intervals (have come on for 4months solid before resultingin being hospitalised) migraines, mood swings, dizziness......it goes on, usually the same side on everythingjust different levals of it (im currently being tested for bi-polar disporder but im not lying when i say i really am convinced it the pill doing this to me!!) so yeah....ne advice or suggestions??? im only 20 i dont wanna live mylife like this!!!

diamonds [sign in to see picture]

were not really meant to comment on medical issues, its best just to talk to your gp about it.

but if your being tested for bi polar but u think its your pill maybe best to tell them how you think its making you feel/act.

Dxx

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

missorgasm wrote:

stubbled across this completly by acciedent! i have massive bloody problems with any contraception! i have been on every kind of pill available, injection,implant (mademe so ill i had it taken out) coils (both kind) a 'vaginal ring' which was interesting haha and im allergice to latext and the crap the non latex condoms are made of!!!!

at themoment im sticking with my pill, loestrin 30 as if im on no pill at all i have the most painfull and heavy monthlies il be in bed for a week and need shares in tampax! with a child its just not practical.

the side affects im getting at the min are- headaches, nausea, coming on at random intervals (have come on for 4months solid before resultingin being hospitalised) migraines, mood swings, dizziness......it goes on, usually the same side on everythingjust different levals of it (im currently being tested for bi-polar disporder but im not lying when i say i really am convinced it the pill doing this to me!!) so yeah....ne advice or suggestions??? im only 20 i dont wanna live mylife like this!!!

All I can say is keep on and on at your doctor (or request to see another if they aren't being helpful!). If you suspect it may be pill related ask your doctor about coming off the pill for a few months to see how things are (latex free condoms are available). Surely that's the best thing to do if you want to be absolutely sure what's causing the problems (or not if the problems continue without the pill). You really have to make sure any changes to your contraception are discussed with your doctor before hand as anything hormone related can require medical advice but if it's the pill that you suspect is causing the problems - tell your doctor!

As D said, we're not qualified to talk about things like this but your symptoms sound really quite serious so I think you should discuss this with a doctor soon!

Ax

missorgasm [sign in to see picture]

i have spoken to my doc on so many occasions (every 3-6months for the past 6 years) about this problem, have requested to see another couple of doctors who were equally unhelpful, one even had the cheek to askme if i wasmaking it up for attention lol. have come off the pill before to conceive my son and had none of these issues whilst off the pill, which is why im so sure thats whats causing it, also have problems with non latex condoms they "irritate" toput it very nicely lol while i would love to come off it and have another baby OH is not ready yet. i dont understand y i cant have some sort of test to check my hormone levals then surely that could help find something that will suit me,but everythings black and white to me as like u im no medical expert :/ bit ofa pain in the bum really but bk to the docs on monday as this pills makingme illagain o the joy :)

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.