99p Next Day delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  1. One for the girls (pill question)

crayola [sign in to see picture]

Heya ladies, just wondering if people can help tell me if something is a myth or not.

I'm on the pill mainly because (how to put this nicely?) Aunt Flo is a heavy lady. But aside from some weight reduction I can't say the pill has slimmed her down to the extent I'd like.

Ok I'm stopping with the metaphore. Has anyone found a pill that actually does cut the heaviness or is it all just heresay? I'm currently on yasmin, and I've tried a form of diannette and some other one which wasn't very good lol.

shellyboo [sign in to see picture]

It may not suit you, but I'm on Depo-Provera, the contraceptive injection... it stops your periods altogether. I find it suits me much better because if I had to remember to take a pill every day, I'd be pregnant in about a minute.

littlebird [sign in to see picture]

I'm on Cilest and it has worked for me. Mine were so bad that I used to pass out every month! It does take quite a few months before things even out and I had awful headaches for a few weeks but for me it was worth it.

pinkbeach [sign in to see picture]

Hmm, I have tried many different pills and I guess they work differently on all girls. Dianette made me depressed and I would just flip out and start crying for no reason at all! It was awful!

My friend used to have the injection but it messed up her body cycle, she didnt have a period for three years even after she had stopped taking it and when they did eventually start again they were very heavy.

Have you been to the doctors? I just put up with mine, they suck!

Yeah Microgynon worked fine for me when I was on it. Hormones eh! I guess we are all just different.

Good luck Crayola!

Sexychic [sign in to see picture]

pinkbeach wrote:

Yeah Microgynon worked fine for me when I was on it. Hormones eh! I guess we are all just different.

Good luck Crayola!

I use to use these and they worked great for me too, regulated me and slowed aunt flo right down. only problem was I fell pregnant on them lmao,

shellyboo [sign in to see picture]

Sexychic wrote:

pinkbeach wrote:

Good luck Crayola!

I use to use these and they worked great for me too, regulated me and slowed aunt flo right down. only problem was I fell pregnant on them lmao,

OMG, Microgynon - FAIL.

That's also what scares me about the pill, I've heard of quite a few women getting pregnant while using it due to non-typical use and things like antibiotics and being ill.

Pinkbeach, I found the same with the injection - I came off it after five years and it took about another year for my periods to return, and when they did I found them erratic and a bit unmanageable. So I just went back on it again :)

sexymel88 [sign in to see picture]

I used to be on the mini pill for medical reasons but I cant remember which one i was on, but it slowed me down so much i hardly noticed it, they only lasted roughly three days too

Sexychic [sign in to see picture]

shellyboo wrote:

Sexychic wrote:

pinkbeach wrote:

Good luck Crayola!

OMG, Microgynon - FAIL.

That's also what scares me about the pill, I've heard of quite a few women getting pregnant while using it due to non-typical use and things like antibiotics and being ill.

Pinkbeach, I found the same with the injection - I came off it after five years and it took about another year for my periods to return, and when they did I found them erratic and a bit unmanageable. So I just went back on it again :)

I took mine regularly and fell pregnant twice on 2 different types so guess they just dont work the way that they should with my body, but others I know are on them and they work fine for protection, they did an amazing job for my aunt flo's though

Yeah Ive been on Femodene too, I think ive had most of them, suffered acne and tried them all to help when I was younger then had a stronf treatment for my acne and HAD to be on the pill so it just messed me up all together. It just does not agree with me at all :(

Aw I feel for you Andserkiel, that used to happen to me a lot, infact even this morning

Laynie [sign in to see picture]

I was Microginon and was on it from been 15 to 24... I went on the pill because I suffered heavey periods that were iregular.. and this pill was a god send..it helped out both my problems!

hope this helps

[suspended user]

suspended user

I found microgyn useless for me but had a lot of success with Cerazette. It stops your periods entirely (great for me with horrendous pains) but that wouldn't be the choice for everyone. It also doesn't crap on your sexy drive yeah!

creativewriter1985 [sign in to see picture]

I don't think there's much I can add to this discussion, you ladies have covered everything. I definitely think that different pills react differently on different women. That's why it's important to go straight to your doctor if you're having any problems with your current one.

I've been on Microgynon, and I was fine on that, I only came off it to try Dianette, which is supposed to be good for your skin. It didn't make my skin better, but it also didn't have any other horrible side effects.

I'm now on Cileste, and that's fine too.

I've suffered with headaches on all of them, but I've tried not taking the pill and get headaches then too, so I don't think it's anything to do with the pill.

All of my pills have helped make my periods lighter and shorter. I tend to get cramping as I'm coming on, then once I've started, I more or less forget about it until it's time to change tampons/pads!

Suppose I'm lucky... except I'm not getting laid so the only current use is helping regulate and improve my cycle!

Private_member [sign in to see picture]

My wife came off the pill years ago because of the risks to her health using it long term.

If you have side effects, why not just use a condom?

Naive I know but ...

silkygirl [sign in to see picture]

guess everyone is different, but microgynon works really well for me. mine are regular, very light and no cramps or anything now. I used to get bad cramps and really bad PMT when i was on another pill, I found that when took eve primrose and vit b6, i didnt have them.

Private_member- I perfer it so much more without a condom. Besides- It's not for sex, I'm on them for acne (gone! yay!) and my flow.

I've tried Cilest (that was the other!) aznd it made me incredibly depressed and moody so I got off it quickly. I might try the Microgynon.

I guess its true that we're all different. Maybe I'm just meant to be heavy- my body seems to have gone 'instead of spreading it over 7 days, we'll squeeze it into 4 days'. But I'm better than I used to be at least- I too have missed many social things due to leakages at night time. I still wear the huge padded nightime pads (they feel like matresses, but with a winged pad underneathe them I havn't leaked since I was about 12. Kotex is a god send lol). Don't get anywhere near that heavy, it just still slightly like sitting in a puddle some months.

Private_member [sign in to see picture]

@crayola, the OH has very cramps, etc and I found (as did she) the monthly scheduling a lot easier with the pill but she felt the medical advice for older women to not stay on the pill (I think cancer was the concern) enough for her to come off.

Can't say I'm a fan of 'rubbers' but ...

Pixie_Chick_69 [sign in to see picture]

I use Marvalon, don't think that one has been mentioned yet, or i hadn't noticed it...Works really well for me, I tend to have 2 days normal flow and then 2 days where there is nothing really...

I went on one when i was 17, can't remember what it was and my god I was horrible on it how my then boyfriend didn't dump me I will never know.

hope you find something that helps... we can all sympathise with the horror that are periods! xxx

Private_member wrote:

@crayola, the OH has very cramps, etc and I found (as did she) the monthly scheduling a lot easier with the pill but she felt the medical advice for older women to not stay on the pill (I think cancer was the concern) enough for her to come off.

Can't say I'm a fan of 'rubbers' but ...

The advice is so conflicting isn't it? Last I heard (correct me if I'm wrong peeps- it changes so damned often) the pill was good protection against ovarian cancer (which runs in my family) and it got better protection the longer you stayed on it. But then theres the breast cancer links...

Ah well, we'll all die some day and I might as well die having good sex!

mybadx [sign in to see picture]

Ive been on 2 diff pills and they was a nightmare migranes sickness, and the worst bit was rembering to take it...

but then went on the Coil now that was fabulas, no periods no migranes and i didnt evan know it was there, but a year later it started giving me cramps in the lower abdomen and had to have it removed..

Now the doctors want me to go on the depo, which im a bit unsure of with the supposed weight gain and then when you want kids/more like a year for your fertility to come back, il give it the first 12 weeks and if i dont like it, i just ask yet again for something else....but the one they will never get me on is the implant in your arm...

Has anyone on here got/had it?

Thread closed

This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.