FREE 1 Day Delivery - Spend £50 and 24-hour tracked delivery is FREE
  1. Lube advice- need help please!

    1276907347
    claypigeon101 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Officer Cadet
    • Posts: 3
    • Joined: 13 Jan 2010

    Hey guys, new to the forum so hey :)

    I need some lube advice, my girlfriend and i have had a couple of things from this site in the past so know it's good, keep checking back now and then for deals etc :P

    anyway, my GF is quite sensitive and we need a good lube that is sensitive but lasts for as long as possible, just because we have tried KY and a different type of KY as well as a few sachet versions of things with freebies but they have all been rubbish,

    apart from this one kind called EXS clear which we had in a sachet and seemed really good, cant get it on LH though.

    Has anyone got experience with sensitive lubes? Sensilube (durex) is the only kind i know and we havent tried that.

    Cheers!

    1276907662
    sexy little minx [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 526
    • Joined: 8 Nov 2009

    Hi and welcome to the forums.

    I don't personally need to used sensitive lube but have heard the Durex Aloe Vera one is great. Personally I like Liquid silk. x

    1276908745
    Morbidia [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 686
    • Joined: 25 Jan 2007

    I'd say go organic! Organic ingredients are going to be the least irritable

    http://tinyurl.com/34lstr4

    I'm the same as SLM, i like liquid silk, it is a great lube, but if you're worried about irritation, the natural range of sliquid is defo the way to go xx

    1276911435
    CurlyCoupleWife [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 641
    • Joined: 14 Aug 2009

    Hi Claypigeon

    Welcome to the forums!

    I also like liquid silk - of 6 lubes we've tried so far it's our favourite. It's condom & toy-friendly too so that's good.

    Have reacted badly to ID Moments so wouldn't recommend that.

    Hope you find something you enjoy

    CCW x

    1276912299
    Peachy keen [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 107
    • Joined: 25 Sep 2009

    I really love the Sliquid Organics: http://bit.ly/bQAMoi

    By sensitive lube, I assume you mean one for sensitive skin? If so - the Sliquid Organics works amazingly. I have really quite sensitive skin (quite a few lubes have brought me out in a rash, and I can't use ANY Dove body care stuff either!) and this stuff doesn't cause me any issues - and lasts a lot time. Although as I mentioned in my review, the bottle cap's a pain in the arse at times! Can cause some fumbling...


    1277283358
    wetpussy [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant
    • Posts: 15
    • Joined: 8 Jun 2010

    me and hubby love the durex tingle lube its out of this world. !!!

    1277284758
    X lovely lady X [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 50
    • Joined: 22 Jun 2010

    glycerin. Glycerin breaks down into sugars, and - if you are prone to yeast infections - this may aggravate the condition. However, the research on this is inconclusive. Also, people with sensitive skin may react to 'parabens' - a chemical preservative - in the lube

    Alot of lubes contain

    1277284907
    X lovely lady X [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 50
    • Joined: 22 Jun 2010

    Dont know what went wrong there its all the wrong way around! This is what it should look like.

    Alot of lubes contain glycerin which breaks down into sugars, and if you are prone to yeast infections this may aggravate the condition. However, the research on this is inconclusive. Also, people with sensitive skin may react to 'parabens' - a chemical preservative - in the lube, however these are not a problem for most people. But you may want to try looking for lubes without these ingredients, in which case i would go for organic lubes.

    1277286579
    Muz333 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 696
    • Joined: 18 Apr 2010

    wetpussy wrote:

    me and hubby love the durex tingle lube its out of this world. !!!

    Where as many of us would call it the devil itself. It's certainly not for everyone.

    1277286839
    Muz333 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 696
    • Joined: 18 Apr 2010

    X lovely lady X wrote:

    Dont know what went wrong there its all the wrong way around! This is what it should look like.

    Alot of lubes contain glycerin which breaks down into sugars, and if you are prone to yeast infections this may aggravate the condition. However, the research on this is inconclusive. Also, people with sensitive skin may react to 'parabens' - a chemical preservative - in the lube, however these are not a problem for most people. But you may want to try looking for lubes without these ingredients, in which case i would go for organic lubes.

    Yup, you want to stay clear of any carbon based compounds that lyse or react into saccharides because as you say it may cause naturally occurring Candidas albicans in the vagina to switch into the hyphae infection modality.

    1277287182
    X lovely lady X [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 50
    • Joined: 22 Jun 2010

    I do love durex tingle lube tho! but as avrielle_aniko says it is not recommended for sensitive skin

    1277288236
    Muz333 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 696
    • Joined: 18 Apr 2010

    Hella Rouge (LH) wrote:

    I highly recommend http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=486, it does it ALL! From shining latex to providing a decent massage to...well, lubricating ;)

    <3

    Does all...except to use with toys because of the silicon, right?

    1277288704
    Muz333 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 696
    • Joined: 18 Apr 2010

    Hella Rouge (LH) wrote:

    That would depend on the type of silicone polymers used in the toy and the lube really :p

    Ah, I just avoid silicon completely just in case. Too paranoid about my toys melting on me! I know it's strongly advised not to use a fFeshlight with a silicon lubricant anyway. Speaking of which, it's pay day. Time to check how much money I have and maybe pick up a few things. :)

    1277290158
    Muz333 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 696
    • Joined: 18 Apr 2010

    Hella Rouge (LH) wrote:

    I do agree, if it's a silicone toy, use a condom over it for silicone lube use - just to be safe. Some silicone toys recommend the use of silicone lube - always check the pack to see if it mentions anything :)

    There are plenty of toys that are fine to use silicone lube with. It's hypoallergenic and great for sensitive souls, so is one of the best bet for anyone finding that they have adverse reactions to other lubricants.

    I'll keep this all in mind but I admit to enjoy the ID glide lubricant. In fact I'll order some this afternoon but I'll wait for the other half to get here first so we can pick out a few other bits and bobs. About time I finally used one of my VIP codes. :)

    I jsut wish you guys would stock more sexy lingerie that isn't crotchless.

    1277311502
    masterandslave [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1596
    • Joined: 28 Jun 2008

    Silicone is very thin so you will feel everything and it will last for a very long time indeed, we only tend to use it for sex rather than with toys as a lot of ours are silicone and we don't want to risk any heartache! We use this and have barely made a dent in the bottle - you only need a few drops!

    http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=485&reviewid=20518#customer_reviews

    The Durex aloe vera is very very good for sensitive skin and gives a moisturized feel to the skin after use...

    http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15225&reviewid=20048#customer_reviews

    ...as does the Booty Parlour Add Magic lube, which is so subtle it looks like a perfume bottle!

    http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=18267&reviewid=23310#customer_reviews

    x

    1278440294
    littlepixi [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 272
    • Joined: 1 Sep 2009

    Muz333 wrote:

    wetpussy wrote:

    me and hubby love the durex tingle lube its out of this world. !!!

    Where as many of us would call it the devil itself. It's certainly not for everyone.

    i know im abit behind but i couldnt agree with you more on this Muz333 its awful stuff! and so it the warming one couldnt think of anything worse. xxx

    1278441238
    Oliber [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 67
    • Joined: 23 Oct 2005

    We've not had any issues with ID Glide, but I know someone in the US who is unable to use any lube type of lube without having a major reaction, which did include the Glide.

    I remember someone (may have been LH, may have been another site..) used to do lube sampler packs, but I don't know how good the range on that was.. it'd be kinda handy to get a 5-10ml sample of most of the flavours on the range for those with an ultra-sensitive tendencies.

    Thread closed

    This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.