£1.79 Next Day delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  1. Women's Magazines, the Media and General Pressures on Men and Women!

KittyPurry [sign in to see picture]

AdnaW wrote:

Why are the only "acceptable" sex toys ones that are either designed by Tracey Cox (for some reason she has been declared the acceptable face of sex toys by magazines etc.) or ones that have been looked at by Alan Titchmarsh?

Ax

Because she is a sex therapist and they are therefore for medical use not deviant pleasure seeking! Just like the victorian vibrators to treat hysteria!

xxKPxx

WandA [sign in to see picture]

AdnaW wrote:

Why are the only "acceptable" sex toys ones that are either designed by Tracey Cox (for some reason she has been declared the acceptable face of sex toys by magazines etc.) or ones that have been looked at by Alan Titchmarsh?

Ax

I can't help but feel like I've spent an extra £1 on a sex toy with Tracy or someone else on, purely for the privileged of their ringing endorsement... I'd rather have the quid to be honest.

Same with most products to be fair, I'm currently annoyed at Pepsi for having billions of famous footy players... I'd rather the drink was cheaper.

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

KittyPurry wrote:

AdnaW wrote:

Ax

Because she is a sex therapist and they are therefore for medical use not deviant pleasure seeking! Just like the victorian vibrators to treat hysteria!

xxKPxx

Ahhh yes that makes some kind of (Cosmo) sense :S

I have no problem with TC - she's not for me, but for less experienced people wanting to branch into sex toys for the first time she is an introduction to things. But it baffles me that sex toys are only acceptable if TC or Alan (since when did he become leading expert on sex toys btw? That crept up on me :P) say so!

Ax

KittyPurry [sign in to see picture]

AdnaW wrote:

KittyPurry wrote:

AdnaW wrote:

Ax

xxKPxx

Ahhh yes that makes some kind of (Cosmo) sense :S

I have no problem with TC - she's not for me, but for less experienced people wanting to branch into sex toys for the first time she is an introduction to things. But it baffles me that sex toys are only acceptable if TC or Alan (since when did he become leading expert on sex toys btw? That crept up on me :P) say so!

Ax

Lol cosmo sense is an oxymoron if ever I heard one!

I know what you mean though, why is one vibrator more acceptable than another because it's associated with a name! On the other hand if it introduces more people to the world of sex toys I suppose it's a good thing!

xxKPxx

That's exactly why, although not for me, I can see the point in Tracey! It's like durex cock rings - not great but fabulous for beginners!

Axx

Ecksvie [sign in to see picture]

Aye, I can somewhat agree with Tracy's purpose. I think she's a positive influence for women looking to get a foot in the door of sex toys. Although I feel a bit sad that some women need it to be on TV or endorsed by someone they trust before they see it as acceptable, it it makes them feel okay about getting a sex toy and sating their desires, then I suppose it can be a good thing.

AdnaW wrote:

That's exactly why, although not for me, I can see the point in Tracey! It's like durex cock rings - not great but fabulous for beginners!

Axx

Since F*CKING when!

Almost put me off!

I mean the Durex... Not the lovely Tracy!

WandA wrote:

AdnaW wrote:

Axx

Since F*CKING when!

Almost put me off!

They get lots of good reviews - it's the only reason I can think why :P

Ax

Ecksvie [sign in to see picture]

I think the thing with Durex toys is that they might not be that good, but if they're available on the shelf in Boots it feels significantly more acceptable and less deviant than sneaking away to the internet and ordering them there.

BashfulBabe [sign in to see picture]

Oh lord, I haven't seen Cosmo since I was like 17, and even then it struck me as odd. Never could quite fathom the whole stance of "having sex for fun makes you a whore, you should be using it to make your man buy you shoes" or whatever (I always though having sex in order to get money or items made you more of a whore, but guess that's just me being crazy!).

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.