99p Next Day delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  1. OA Beauty Tips

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

Ecksvie wrote:

Thread resurrection!

I've recently started wearing eyeliner daily (I never really felt the need to wear any makeup before but eyeliner I've found helps my face just look better. I was having a browse through the makeup section in my local shop today and I've found that the eyeliner I'm using right now (which I really really like, so easy to use) comes in purple and a deep, greeny blue colour as well as black. I have very dark hair, eyelashes and eyebrows. Would be interested in trying out different colours but they dont let you test on your face and I dont want to spend £3 on coloured eyeliner and find it doesnt really suit me.

What do you guys think of coloured eyeliner?

I love bright eyeliners. They really make your eyes pop without the need for loads of heavy/OTT eyeshadow!

My favourites are a dark purple, a very bright turquoise and a bright fushia/purple (which does make your eyes a little sore so you have to pile it on so the purple overpowers the reddyness)

Have a look on youtube/google images. You're bound to find someone with similar skin/hair colours to you with various colours on :)

Adx

chipNroll [sign in to see picture]

I have lots of coloured eyeliners but still need to practice how to apply them. I think it's because when I use black I just apply it to certain parts of my eye in a smudgey kinda way, rather than all round neatly, which doesn't work so well with non-natural colours:|

SnL [sign in to see picture]

Ok my boyfriend hinted last night and a few times before then, he would like to see my finger and toe nails painted. He doesn't like feet but he said I was the exception because mine look pretty and they feel soft. Yea I know a few of you may be gagging at that part for whatever reason.

Err... Not sure what look to go for... Preferably I would like to do my own pedicure (rather than salon because I am saving my pennies) but I have never done it before so any tips?

I have very pale skin so which colour of nail polish do you reckon would be the sexiest to choose?

Plus, once I wore nail polish on my finger nails whikst I was creating some artwork for a client and I ruined the whole piece because my nails scrapped against the paper and left a mark that I couldn't get off doh!!! Therefore are there any nail polishes or tips to prevent the nail polish acting like a crayon?

I've considered green nail polish because my boyfriend and I use to joke a line from the Big Lebowski. But I'm thinking will it kill the sexy moment if I joke?

Thanks x

fizzy [sign in to see picture]

Has anyone in the OA tried any of the new foam hair dye i was thinking about trying one but the reviews ive read either say they are either crap or really good and its a tad confusing!

Pixie_Murree [sign in to see picture]

fizzy wrote:

Has anyone in the OA tried any of the new foam hair dye i was thinking about trying one but the reviews ive read either say they are either crap or really good and its a tad confusing!

I'm trying one on thursday so i'll let you know

bumble [sign in to see picture]

fizzy wrote:

I tried the 'Nice n Easy' one a couple of months ago and the evidence is still all over my bathroom wall and door!

I found it very messy, but that might just be me!

With the normal type i tend to use one hand to squeeze the bottle and the other to rub it in, but with the foam i was using both hands to rub it in and then didn't have a clean hand to wipe around my hair-line. As i say, it is probably just me tho!

My favourite is Perfect 10.

Divine69 [sign in to see picture]

I don't know why I'm joining in this thread coz I don't really do make up, although recently have started with a teeny weeny bit of body shop concealer pencil and brush (how expensive??!!), just for bad spot days, you know? Not to cover the gert big scar on my arm (running just below shoulder to elbow), funny am ok with that! Anyway, makes me feel even more good :) the point I guess. But that's all. Other than washing with nice,good face wash followed by anti shine moisturiser and simple blemish stick wherever needed. I also moisturize all over (inc neck & ears!!) - esp feet and after shaving. I have to be abit careful with what moisturizers I use as am allergic to wheat - makes me proper ill, straight into bloodstream see? :(

My fav moisturiser at mo is the brazil nut one from body shop - mmmmmmm, i could eat it!!!!! :)

O, how on earth do I clean my make up brush? It cost a friggin lot (for wwhat it is, quality yes but seemed alot still to me) I dunno how to do it, having never bothered with this make up malarky before! Anyways, ANY HELP ON WHAT I DO APPRECIATED THANK-YOU :)

Divine69 wrote:

O, how on earth do I clean my make up brush? It cost a friggin lot (for wwhat it is, quality yes but seemed alot still to me) I dunno how to do it, having never bothered with this make up malarky before! Anyways, ANY HELP ON WHAT I DO APPRECIATED THANK-YOU :)

Warm water and some gentle shampoo (baby shampoo is good), rub gently into the bristles, rinse well and air dry.

Adx

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Divine69 wrote:

Warm water and some gentle shampoo (baby shampoo is good), rub gently into the bristles, rinse well and air dry.

Adx

Thank you Adx :) will simple shampoo be ok?

sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]

am i weird in the fact that i'm 20 years old and female and never wear make up?

i know it shouldnt bother me but it makes me feel like im some sort of freak.

Booties [sign in to see picture]

sweetlove666 wrote:

Definitely not a freak! I know a lot of people between 16 and 24 that never ever (or at least VERY rarely) wear makeup. Guys are meant to prefer it, supposedly. I like to wear makeup when I'm going out as I think it brightens my face up... I'm very fair-coloured in hair/skin/eye terms, so I find that a bit of mascara and eyeliner helps. I very rarely use foundation or lipstick, etc, though... And eyeshadow is for special occasions.

At the end of the day, natural beauty is the best kind!

Divine69 wrote:

Thank you Adx :) will simple shampoo be ok?

Should be one of the best brands to use actually! I use Simple for everything "delicate".

Adx

sweetlove666 wrote:

Not weird - if you feel comfortable/confident without then who cares.

The only reason for make up is to feel a bit more confident and enhance your features (I worry about so many people using it as a mask) so if you don't feel you need it then great!

Adx

Alicia D'amore wrote:

sweetlove666 wrote:

The only reason for make up is to feel a bit more confident and enhance your features (I worry about so many people using it as a mask) so if you don't feel you need it then great!

Adx

TOTALLY agree :) Seriously I never ever ever wore make up before now (am 31) to,as Adx says above, give me abit of a confidence booster but only on particularly bad spot days. i had much worse spot days when i was younger but never ever wore make up - guess the pink mohican was enough of a LOOK AT ME statement!!! Also full face lids and make up don't go - I wear open face lid now (all year round!) but still my buff (scarf) would rub the stuff off!

My sister wears far too much, defo in the mask area but i blame her husband for that - but that's another story!!

I still believe personality matters way more than appearences tho. D69x

Divine69 wrote:

Alicia D'amore wrote:

sweetlove666 wrote:

Adx

TOTALLY agree :) Seriously I never ever ever wore make up before now (am 31) to,as Adx says above, give me abit of a confidence booster but only on particularly bad spot days. i had much worse spot days when i was younger but never ever wore make up - guess the pink mohican was enough of a LOOK AT ME statement!!! Also full face lids and make up don't go - I wear open face lid now (all year round!) but still my buff (scarf) would rub the stuff off!

You should see the inside of my helmet! I don't wear foundation - just a tiny bit of powder and blush but it's a good job my lining is removable for washing.

Adx

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Divine69 wrote:

Alicia D'amore wrote:

sweetlove666 wrote:

Adx

You should see the inside of my helmet! I don't wear foundation - just a tiny bit of powder and blush but it's a good job my lining is removable for washing.

Adx

And I always thot it could never work!! Well, Adx you've blown my theory out the water!

violeteyes wrote:

i need some suggestions! i really want to dye my hair a brighter blonde. at the moment its a dark dirty blonde/ ash blonde but i want it brighter and more golden. what should i use?

i had a bad experince with clairol perfect 10 a while ago after putting it on my hair for 10 minutes and it started to shrink my hair don't ask me how because i dont know how it did and i had bleach blond patches on my hair ! only after using thehalf the bottle of contioner that came with it and blow dried my hair did it look ok but i will never use it agian! i like the garnier colours for home dyeing i would love to try one of the new foam colours as they look easy but the reviews iv'e read aren't good.

Carousel [sign in to see picture]

violeteyes wrote:

i need some suggestions! i really want to dye my hair a brighter blonde. at the moment its a dark dirty blonde/ ash blonde but i want it brighter and more golden. what should i use?

I've heard using lemon juice on your hair creates natural highlights. I think you have to drizzle/pour/massage in lemon juice and leave it for a couple of hours and sit in the sunshine if you can. Not done it myself as I have dark hair, but it's meant to lighten hair that's already blonde.

GingerConcubine [sign in to see picture]

I usually use Perfect 10, never had an issue with it, but I guess mine wasn't a peroxide one, which I assume a blonde one would be?

GingerConcubine wrote:

I usually use Perfect 10, never had an issue with it, but I guess mine wasn't a peroxide one, which I assume a blonde one would be?

i think it was the light ash blonde one i used and my hair was a moussey colour before putting it on.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.