• OA Beauty Tips

muchkin [sign in to see picture]

How about the VO5 oil that you can buy and heat up yourself at home? Its only about £3 and apparently it works wonders

hornymanc [sign in to see picture]

As A guy I know we are not meant to care how we look. However i moisturise daily and I use natural face packs.

Any more tips to stop the ageing process will be gratfully received!

WandA [sign in to see picture]

hornymanka wrote:

As A guy I know we are not meant to care how we look. However i moisturise daily and I use natural face packs.

Any more tips to stop the ageing process will be gratfully received!

Cryogenic freezing? You don't age a day with it!

lol good idea - do you know any home based kits for this?

hornymanka wrote:

Nope, closest I know of is all those headless bodies I keep in the freezer...

Poor taste?

Freebies (ish)

http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/promotions/2011/01/fill-your-bathroom-cabinet-for.html

WandA wrote:

hornymanka wrote:

Nope, closest I know of is all those headless bodies I keep in the freezer...

Poor taste?

No!! :-)

niftyb [sign in to see picture]

question for the hair-dyers out there:

anyone know a good hair tint or wash in/wash out dye? i wanna give my hair a bit of a red kick for this friday night's outing and wondered if anyone could suggest something other than beetroot and carrot juice? :P

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

I have just spent around 20-30 minutes shaping my eyebrows and I have to say, they look pretty damn perfect!

I can't emphasise enough how huge a difference perfectly plucked brows make to your face! I can wear much less make up if my eyebrows are perfect! Though I do have to darken mine with pencil since they're nearly invisibly blonde!

Adx

Nymeria [sign in to see picture]

Alicia D'amore wrote:

I have just spent around 20-30 minutes shaping my eyebrows and I have to say, they look pretty damn perfect!

I can't emphasise enough how huge a difference perfectly plucked brows make to your face! I can wear much less make up if my eyebrows are perfect! Though I do have to darken mine with pencil since they're nearly invisibly blonde!

Adx

I couldn't agree more! I'm rather lazy though- I pluck mine but I prefer to get it done professionally via threading. So much easier.

It really frames your face more nicely and definitely adds more defintiion. It does mean I can get away with applying less makeup cause my face looks already done-up? It's hard to explain but it's great. I have dark features including my eyebrows (obviously) so it really makes a differences to get it done and keep in shape.

Ad, I heard it looks much better and natural to use darker eyeshadow/powder for eyebrows but I guess a pencil is more convenient. I think I would struggle to use that daily though.

xXx

glitter&gold [sign in to see picture]

x X x wrote:

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Adx

I couldn't agree more! I'm rather lazy though- I pluck mine but I prefer to get it done professionally via threading. So much easier.

It really frames your face more nicely and definitely adds more defintiion. It does mean I can get away with applying less makeup cause my face looks already done-up? It's hard to explain but it's great. I have dark features including my eyebrows (obviously) so it really makes a differences to get it done and keep in shape.

Ad, I heard it looks much better and natural to use darker eyeshadow/powder for eyebrows but I guess a pencil is more convenient. I think I would struggle to use that daily though.

xXx

I completely agree with both posts. Although I get mine waxed - I'm too much of a wuss to sit there & let someone pull each hair out one by one!!

chipNroll [sign in to see picture]

My eyebrows are naturally quite thin and luckily in a nice shape so all I have to do is pluck a few stray hairs. I always wished I had big dark eyebrows though so I could have more to work with and shape them however I liked lol. Always fill them in when I'm getting dolled up though- makes so much difference!

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

x X x wrote:

xXx

Pencil works fine for me because it's such a pale colour - it doesn't look drawn on. If I had very dark eyebrows I'd use eyeshadow (and if I'm making mine much darker than they are I will) but for day to day when it's just a shade or two darker than invisible it's fine :) unless I miss my eyebrow haha!

Unfortunately I can't justify the cost of threading/waxing when it's free (minus the cost of a pair of good tweezers) to pluck! When I'm better off I'd prefer it though, I enjoy plucking but it's just time consuming.

Adx

fizzy [sign in to see picture]

I carnt stand having my eye brows plucked! I have them waxed it costs me a fiver and i go on my dinner hour at work and it only takes 5/10 minutes

Ecksvie [sign in to see picture]

Thread resurrection!

I've recently started wearing eyeliner daily (I never really felt the need to wear any makeup before but eyeliner I've found helps my face just look better. I was having a browse through the makeup section in my local shop today and I've found that the eyeliner I'm using right now (which I really really like, so easy to use) comes in purple and a deep, greeny blue colour as well as black. I have very dark hair, eyelashes and eyebrows. Would be interested in trying out different colours but they dont let you test on your face and I dont want to spend £3 on coloured eyeliner and find it doesnt really suit me.

What do you guys think of coloured eyeliner?

ghostgirl [sign in to see picture]

Exksvie -

I wear coloured eyeliner all the time have tried greeny blue ones and they look good with either barely there shadow or with lilac.

The only colour I have bought and regretted was a pink eyeliner, made me look like I had had a very heavy night.

xGGx

Pixie_Murree [sign in to see picture]

I think coloured eyeliners can really bring out the colour of your eyes, and add a hint of coour if you don't want to do full on eye shadow.

Purple is cool but be careful its not too reddy or as Ghostgirl said it can make you look very tired!

Ecksvie [sign in to see picture]

It was a very deep purple, almost like a navy blue, so not red at all.

Thanks for the confidence boost guys, think I might buy one next time I'm there. I think I'll start off with the purple as it's so dark and not massively away from a natural colour anyway. Once my confidence builds up a bit more, will probably go for the greeny blue one too!

Carousel [sign in to see picture]

I love to use a kind of turquoise liner when I'm feeling funky, but tend to make that the only real feature of my make-up and keep the rest of my face quite natural when I make my eyes bold.

Experiment when you've got a day at home - doing eyes bold take some getting used to, and I used to feel paranoid that I'd look like a clown, but it was just because I was used to going au naturelle. Take a photo of yourself made up - sometimes find this is easier to evaluate than a reflection in the morror!

I feel I need to make up my eyes every day, but tend to use a plummy colour to give a smokey eye look. Other than that, just pop on a bit of lip balm.

One thing I've vowed to do since the New Year (and I've been keeping to) is wearing my fave perfume every day... Sounds silly, and I did used to wear a bog-standard scent or body spray, but I'd save my fave perfume 'for best' and decided that was silly, as I should try to make every day the best it can be.

MrsPx

Pixie_Murree [sign in to see picture]

I totally agree MrsP about the perfume - I did the same 'save for best' then realised the perfume would probably go off before I used it which would be a waste - so now I used it everyday

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.