• OA Beauty Tips

    1295470478
    LittleMiss1981UK [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 116
    • Joined: 31 Dec 2010

    Inara14 wrote:

    LittleMiss1981UK wrote:

    Ladies

    I wonder if any of you have advice on a really intensive hair conditioner I can try. At the moment I am having chemo and radio therapy. Luckily I keep my hair on the drugs I am on (other side effects horrendous lol) but it is very very dry.

    For someone who is super proud of her dark locks, it abit of a blow. My hair isn't coloured but I have tried loads and loads of off the shelf treatments, just just wondering if one stood out to someone as being amazing?

    I need something that will sort out the dryness, or at least just a little bit. Am prepared to pay abit more or even try some natural homemade stuff

    You're having both at the same time? Thats interesting I didnt think they could do that. My mother has just finished her chemo and is on radiotherapy now, so I understand its not easy.

    Hair masks may be a good way to go with this kind of thing, ive found that ive used them in the middle of summer (when my hair gets dry) once a week, and it really helps. I think the hard one is trying to find the right one that suits your hair.

    Yeh you can have them at the same time, just in different cycles. I have to have them both at same time as my cancer is progressive and this is the third time I having to go through the treatment. When I first started they were separate, but I think now I am so used to it, they just nuke me every two weeks.

    I tried lots of hair masks, but will definately try some avocado oil now.

    I hope your Mum feels better soon

    1295470712
    Rowan [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 533
    • Joined: 14 Jan 2009

    I used to occasionally use the inecto coconut oil. Likewise it was drug effects and the stuff really helped.

    1295470840
    LittleMiss1981UK [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 116
    • Joined: 31 Dec 2010

    WandA wrote:

    Quick search showed this list LM81:

    http://www.totalbeauty.com/content/gallery/p_best_conditioners/p17952/page2

    Here is general haircare from the Indy:

    http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/fashion/features/the-ten-best-hair-care-products-1634083.html?action=Gallery

    Thanks WandA

    Loving the second link !!!

    1295471129
    chipNroll [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 257
    • Joined: 3 Aug 2010

    LittleMiss1981UK wrote:

    Ladies

    I wonder if any of you have advice on a really intensive hair conditioner I can try. At the moment I am having chemo and radio therapy. Luckily I keep my hair on the drugs I am on (other side effects horrendous lol) but it is very very dry.

    For someone who is super proud of her dark locks, it abit of a blow. My hair isn't coloured but I have tried loads and loads of off the shelf treatments, just just wondering if one stood out to someone as being amazing?

    I need something that will sort out the dryness, or at least just a little bit. Am prepared to pay abit more or even try some natural homemade stuff

    I'd love to know this too! I tried using pure coconut oil after hearing good things about it but afterwards my hair was just greasy (it kind of solidifies when cool so was hard to rinse out) and didn't notice much difference to the condition of my hair.

    This is what I'm planning to try next time I deserve a treat http://www.luxuryhaircare.co.uk/brands/prive -Heard good reviews.

    1295471510
    LittleMiss1981UK [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 116
    • Joined: 31 Dec 2010

    chipNroll wrote:

    I'd love to know this too! I tried using pure coconut oil after hearing good things about it but afterwards my hair was just greasy (it kind of solidifies when cool so was hard to rinse out) and didn't notice much difference to the condition of my hair.

    This is what I'm planning to try next time I deserve a treat http://www.luxuryhaircare.co.uk/brands/prive -Heard good reviews.

    I've had a look at looks posh. Atm I have found this http://www.buzzle.com/articles/avocado-oil-for-hair.html so as its cheap and quite natural am going to try this. If it doesn't work will select something more expensive.

    I usually use Fudge Hair products, and they are great but I just need something to really cure the dryness

    1295471666
    LittleMiss1981UK [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 116
    • Joined: 31 Dec 2010

    Just checked out the coconut oil and i'm going to try that too as a great price !!

    1295472373
    chipNroll [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 257
    • Joined: 3 Aug 2010

    I got a tub of coconut oil from a local chemist for 99p- might be worth a look there. Leaving treatments on overnight with clingfilm/shower cap/warm towel wrapped around can help if your hair's in super bad condition. Let me know if you find anything that works!

    1295472801
    anotherlondoner [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant
    • Posts: 26
    • Joined: 23 Sep 2008

    Aww all the ladies talking about making themselves pretty. Cute.

    1295473014
    Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3406
    • Joined: 2 Feb 2008

    anotherlondoner wrote:

    Aww all the ladies talking about making themselves pretty. Cute.

    If intended in jest - add appropriate emoticons.

    If intended seriously - read the rules: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/forum-rules/

    1295473132
    anotherlondoner [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant
    • Posts: 26
    • Joined: 23 Sep 2008

    @Alicia I didn't mean to be rude. I meant it honestly.

    1295473475
    LittleMiss1981UK [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 116
    • Joined: 31 Dec 2010

    chipNroll wrote:

    I got a tub of coconut oil from a local chemist for 99p- might be worth a look there. Leaving treatments on overnight with clingfilm/shower cap/warm towel wrapped around can help if your hair's in super bad condition. Let me know if you find anything that works!

    Yeh I tried that wrapping thing.

    I sat here today for about four hours with a shower cap on - god the piss got taken out of me lol

    1295473583
    Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3406
    • Joined: 2 Feb 2008

    anotherlondoner wrote:

    @Alicia I didn't mean to be rude. I meant it honestly.

    Just to clarify - you intended the comment you made?

    Ok - then read the rules and remember respect is valued here. Condescending and pig headed comments like that will get you nowhere fast.

    1295474053
    anotherlondoner [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant
    • Posts: 26
    • Joined: 23 Sep 2008

    I wasn't being condescending or pigheaded. I was actually being nice. I think of it like this, my sister goes on a date, she takes loads of time to get pretty and buys a new perfume. I say aww cute and I mean it. Don't have to throw me the rulebook for being friendly and nice or assume I'm an arrogant knob. And you are right I'm going nowhere because as they say nice guys finish last.

    1295474515
    LittleMiss1981UK [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 116
    • Joined: 31 Dec 2010

    violeteyes wrote:

    anotherlondoner wrote:

    I wasn't being condescending or pigheaded. I was actually being nice. I think of it like this, my sister goes on a date, she takes loads of time to get pretty and buys a new perfume. I say aww cute and I mean it. Don't have to throw me the rulebook for being friendly and nice or assume I'm an arrogant knob. And you are right I'm going nowhere because as they say nice guys finish last.

    1295474777
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6178
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    I just think there are some wires crossed, the forums have been a little tense recently.

    I'm sure no malice was intended on either side. It can be hard to express things via writing.

    1295474796
    Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3406
    • Joined: 2 Feb 2008

    anotherlondoner wrote:

    I wasn't being condescending or pigheaded. I was actually being nice. I think of it like this, my sister goes on a date, she takes loads of time to get pretty and buys a new perfume. I say aww cute and I mean it. Don't have to throw me the rulebook for being friendly and nice or assume I'm an arrogant knob. And you are right I'm going nowhere because as they say nice guys finish last.

    Forgive me for being brash, I am in a certain mood tonight (not an excuse, merely a reason - I should calm before I type)

    However, re-read your post and imagine it with absolutely no tone/inflection - then how does it sound? "pretty likkle women who want to look all pretty" is one way it *can* be taken.

    Online, things need saying a little more carefully to ensure that the *intended* message is received.

    If your intention wasn't that, then I apologise for the harsh response, probably uncalled for. The misunderstanding though, well the message was ambigious (hence my question for clarity twice) so it's worth baring in mind for future reference :)

    Adx

    1295474975
    anotherlondoner [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant
    • Posts: 26
    • Joined: 23 Sep 2008

    You are right the internet lacks tone and context. xx

    1295475297
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6178
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    anotherlondoner wrote:

    You are right the internet lacks tone and context. xx

    All friends!?

    I've just been ranting in another thread, we've had a few people joining the forums for the wrong reasons and appearing to see women as little more than something to amuse them. It was unfair of you to get some of that backlash but perhaps understandable it happened to someone and I hope you'll appreciate the clarification, because as you say it can be difficult to communicate sometimes online.

    See you around.

    1295475540
    chipNroll [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 257
    • Joined: 3 Aug 2010

    As I said to londoner, I read it as a rude comment at first too....and just about restrained myself from telling him to go jump.

    1295475734
    anotherlondoner [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant
    • Posts: 26
    • Joined: 23 Sep 2008

    Haha chipNroll. Would be the first time I was misunderstood. x

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.