• Any recomendations for trimming pubic hair ?

    1273434176
    andy_69 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant
    • Posts: 40
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2009

    Hi

    i was wondering if anyone could give me any suggestions as to wat is best to use wen trimming your pubic hair? i have tryed shaving it all off with a razor but i've had a few bad expriences and have decided that keeping them trimmied is best but i dont no wat to use down there? I have had a look at loads of different post but cant seem to find anyone suggestin a product, so any info and suggestions would be of great help :)

    many thanks

    Wee Andy ;)

    1273434776
    Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3406
    • Joined: 2 Feb 2008

    Hello and welcome!

    Firstly - shaving has been covered tons of times on here and a good tip is that if ingrown hairs are the issue then exfoliating before and after shaving and shaving regularly should do the trick - worked wonders for me! If cutting is an issue then the Wilkinson Sword razors with a metal grill over the blades are fab as they make it near on impossible to cut yourself.

    If you're dead set on not shaving then trimming is a good option! Lots of electric shavers come with trimmers but for a cheaper version I use this http://buy.wilkinson-sword.co.uk/detail-WSWOME001A.html which takes a single AAA battery - the men's version is here http://buy.wilkinson-sword.co.uk/detail_WSMENR001I.html and if you take the plastic cover off it, you can get quite a close trim.

    My partner recommended to me trimming dry to prevent clogging up the trimmer.

    Someone else will have handy hints I'm sure - I've only just started trimming recently since I was told to avoid any chemicals on my oh-so-sensitive skin by my doc so I'm not very experienced!

    Ax

    1273434833
    Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3406
    • Joined: 2 Feb 2008

    Oh and you can get that trimmer I mentioned from any supermarket as far as I'm aware - I go mine from ASDA :)

    Ax

    1273436471
    andy_69 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant
    • Posts: 40
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2009

    Aw tah adnaw :) thts a gd idea cause u can them from the shops x

    1273532789
    andy_69 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant
    • Posts: 40
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2009

    hey just a wee tanks again to adnaw n her oh :) tryed out wat they suggested n it worked a treat x

    A x

    1273533072
    Wizzie86 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 759
    • Joined: 19 Jan 2007

    I would buy a specific bikini trimmer (like the femme fatale range). They are adjustable so you have as close a trim as you like. They are mains rechargeable so you don't need to worry about batteries. I have tried two wilkinson sword razors with trimmers and both have broken x

    1273537168
    Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3406
    • Joined: 2 Feb 2008

    andy_69 wrote:

    hey just a wee tanks again to adnaw n her oh :) tryed out wat they suggested n it worked a treat x

    A x

    ahhh I'm dead chuffed it helped!

    Happy trimming

    Wizzie86 wrote:

    I would buy a specific bikini trimmer (like the femme fatale range). They are adjustable so you have as close a trim as you like. They are mains rechargeable so you don't need to worry about batteries. I have tried two wilkinson sword razors with trimmers and both have broken x

    Kind of suggested the Wilkinson Sword so Andy could see if trimming was for him without splashing out on a 'leccy one, but definitely a good suggestion

    Axx

    1273538866
    Wizzie86 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 759
    • Joined: 19 Jan 2007

    Yeah, it's worth trying first but I just meant if you wanted something more long term. You can pick them up for under £20 x

    1273539242
    Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3406
    • Joined: 2 Feb 2008

    Wizzie86 wrote:

    Yeah, it's worth trying first but I just meant if you wanted something more long term. You can pick them up for under £20 x

    Really?

    I always thought they'd be dearer than that!

    My next plan is an epilatory :P

    Ax

    1273539261
    Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3406
    • Joined: 2 Feb 2008

    epilator*

    1273539512
    Wizzie86 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 759
    • Joined: 19 Jan 2007

    Eek! No way! Wax me everwhere but do not come anywhere near me with an epilator - OW!!!

    1273539689
    Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3406
    • Joined: 2 Feb 2008

    Wizzie86 wrote:

    Eek! No way! Wax me everwhere but do not come anywhere near me with an epilator - OW!!!

    I'm nervous but I feel no pain *hard face* :P I'm good with sharp pain, not so good with deep pain! We'll see how it goes hehe!

    Ax

    1273539932
    andy_69 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant
    • Posts: 40
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2009

    yeah it worked a treat, great suggestion :) definately would hav a look at somethin for longer term if i found this broke quite soon as u suggested Wizzie86 and if i could pick one up thats going to last it would b a good investment. saves buying new Wilkinson Sword's all the time x

    do you think that it would be a good idea to get a bikini trimmer even tho im a guy ?

    suppose they are designed to b down there . . . .

    1273540290
    Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3406
    • Joined: 2 Feb 2008

    andy_69 wrote:

    yeah it worked a treat, great suggestion :) definately would hav a look at somethin for longer term if i found this broke quite soon as u suggested Wizzie86 and if i could pick one up thats going to last it would b a good investment. saves buying new Wilkinson Sword's all the time x

    do you think that it would be a good idea to get a bikini trimmer even tho im a guy ?

    suppose they are designed to b down there . . . .

    You can get male trimmers - designed for fancy hair designs and beard designs....not sure where exactly - a search on boots might give you somewhere to start?

    Ax

    1273540652
    Chrisams [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 7
    • Joined: 8 May 2010

    A beard trimmer probably won't be a good idea since the blades work differently to a lady shaver - there is no grill to protect the users testies from the beard trimmer. If you can get something that is designed for the task (bikini line trimmer), its worth it to lower the risk.

    1273540872
    SEXYGET 69 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1787
    • Joined: 1 Dec 2008

    Oof!

    1273541403
    andy_69 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant
    • Posts: 40
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2009

    Chrisams wrote:

    A beard trimmer probably won't be a good idea since the blades work differently to a lady shaver - there is no grill to protect the users testies from the beard trimmer. If you can get something that is designed for the task (bikini line trimmer), its worth it to lower the risk.

    now that does sounds pretty painfully thinking al have a good look around n c wat a can find, thinking a bikini trimmer mite b a gd idea nxt ?? just sounds a bit safer xx

    1273542158
    simba [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 6
    • Joined: 31 Jan 2006

    They do do male ones on Amazon that are for all body areas including the groin area, you can get them where they come with guidence combs etc so you can have just a little hair or completly no hair.

    They are the philips range, we used these within out beauty class for trimming the hair for people who had never been waxed before.

    I didnt want to put a link as i didnt know if we are allowed to put the link on here

    1273565957
    Gwennie [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 37
    • Joined: 17 Apr 2010

    I used to trim, with a pair of scissors and a comb - but i'm quite good at cutting hair :)

    I swear my hair removal cream - slap it on everywhere, and 5 minutes later youre hair free, has to be done every week though - but it isn't a difficult job. Shaving is always a bit awkward for me because I have a mole next to my bikini line.

    Cept don't use hair removal cream on your underarm - I burnt mine - although my cooch is always fine with it!

    1273574262
    JakeH [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 327
    • Joined: 12 Jul 2008

    For men, I'd recommend the Philips Bodygroom / Total Body Grooming system - I've been using different versions of it for the past 3/4 years.

    Lovehoney sell the version I have at http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15063 but it seems to be out of stock - you'll be able to pick it up elsewhere - I think this is what Simba is talking about above :)

    Anyway, they're great, easy quick and safe - you have attachable heads so can shave or trim to different levels of closeness.

    Thread closed

    This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.