99p Next Day delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  1. Jeremy Vibe's Big Swinging O-meter

Columbus [sign in to see picture]

KittyPurry wrote:

Columbus wrote: Lib Dem for me, but I can live with Labour getting in - although it's looking like a hung parliament. I know loads of people who were voting Lib Dem too - some of them surprised me as well - but I do know two Tory voters. One's my dad and one's a friend and they both know my views on the matter!!! But then we are in a democracy so...

...we should bribe them with cookies till they change their mind?

xxKPxx

PS I want a badge that says "I didn't vote Tory, and I never bloody will"

My Mum voted Lib Dem but dad let the side down

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

I voted Lib Dem but both my parents would have voted Tory if they could (their postal votes didn't arrive in time so they didnt).

It pains me to say that - I'd like to think my parents were more liberally minded but apparently not!

Ax

Peachy keen [sign in to see picture]

I really don't get how the numbers work tbh.

Just a minute ago, there was a 0.1% difference between the number of votes for Tory, and Labour. Labour had 15 more seats though!?

Peachy keen [sign in to see picture]

Hell, it makes even less sense now! Tories have more votes than Labour, yet less seats?!

SEXYGET 69 [sign in to see picture]

I voted lib dem for the 2nd time ever. Usually labour. My bro voted lib and parents labour. Where I live you could stick a red rosette on a donkey and it would be voted in for labour!

ida [sign in to see picture]

No one could work the automatic door to get in to the poling station today, I'm sure it was some kind of test hehe ;) I passed eventually, and made it through to those little cubicles!

It's only tonight I realised how many random parties there are... some are seriously messed up!!! National Front????!

Oh and M&S totally with you on Robert Webb ;)

ida wrote:

No one could work the automatic door to get in to the poling station today, I'm sure it was some kind of test hehe ;) I passed eventually, and made it through to those little cubicles!

It's only tonight I realised how many random parties there are... some are seriously messed up!!! National Front????!

I only realised that the National Front were still in existance earlier this morning!

Thought they had died off.

SG x

KittyPurry [sign in to see picture]

"Democracy is the worst form of government except all the other forms that have been tried" - Winston Churchill

It's fair to say that today I am pretty bummed out with the election results!

xxKPxx

SweetSubmission [sign in to see picture]

So... we had hope. And now we are left bitterly disappointed by the realisation that the majority of the general public just vote the way newspapers/Murdoch tell them to. Bah.

SS xx

Any Murdoch products are banned in our house. I will never ever have sky tv nor do I want it!

He's a tit!

Tigerlilies [sign in to see picture]

"I warn you not to be ordinary, I warn you not to be young, I warn you not to fall ill, I warn you not to get old"

And that's all I've got to say about that.

BashfulBabe [sign in to see picture]

Peachy keen wrote:

Hell, it makes even less sense now! Tories have more votes than Labour, yet less seats?!

Yeah, that's the way the system works (and one of the reasons the Lib Dems are so in favour of PR). Same system as America, and we all saw how that went with Bush having like 40% of the votes but getting the precidency because his voters were in "better" places.

If one constituency has 1,000 people, and another 15,000, then dude from the first only needs like 500 votes to get a seat and dude from the second needs like 7,500, but when they get into power both are equal, despite one respresenting the wishes of 15 times the people as the other. Crazy system, to be honest. They try to even it out by fiddling with borders to make constituencies relatively similar, but it's just not possible, especially with the way folk move around: even something as simple as students who are voting somewhere other than where they originally registered can skew things tremendously.

SEXYGET 69 wrote:

ida wrote:

I only realised that the National Front were still in existance earlier this morning!

Thought they had died off.

I know I didn't until we got one of their leaflets through the door! Madness!

Gwennie [sign in to see picture]

I study politics and I'm starting to find this dull now. Nick Clegg just needs to tell Cameron where to stick it and come to the Labour table :P

WandA [sign in to see picture]

I'm feeling quite refreshed at the moment.... I think because my expectation were so low and I expected a Tory majority.

If you cannot snatch a real win from one of the most unpopular PMs we have ever had then people obviously have very little faith in the Tory 'Change' (Which I'm fucking sick of hearing about).

I don't doubt it will slowly dawn on me how bad things might be but hopefully we get to see the Tories crash and burn without putting the country at such a huge risk but still demonstrating their ineptitude to the wider electorate and a new coalition can take over.

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

I'm still scared - but at least the Lib Dems will have a say in calming things down a little.

I really hope Cameron fucks up and we get Lib Lab.

Axx

sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]

my seat stayed the same with labour which isnt a suprise, but its still a "good" thing for me. I only voted lib dem cause i wanted a liberal MP, but i will vote either lib dem or labour.

hopefully this will also highlight how poor of a system first past the post ( FPTP) is. and move us to something more proportionate like the single transferable vote ( STV) most of europe uses STV too.

BashfulBabe [sign in to see picture]

Aye, annoying as hell when you're locked in a "guaranteed" consituency. Mine is Labour, always has been and always will be, so anyone in my area who wants anything other than Labour essentially doesn't have a voice, our votes count for nothing, even though our guy only got 52% of the votes (large majority, but means that 48% were disenfrancised, which is a terrible basis for an electoral system!).

WandA [sign in to see picture]

BashfulBabe wrote:

Aye, annoying as hell when you're locked in a "guaranteed" consituency. Mine is Labour, always has been and always will be, so anyone in my area who wants anything other than Labour essentially doesn't have a voice, our votes count for nothing, even though our guy only got 52% of the votes (large majority, but means that 48% were disenfrancised, which is a terrible basis for an electoral system!).

You're lucky 52% agree! But it is gross that we have usually have a government voted by just over 35%...

My constit is a safe Labour seat, it was one of the reasons I voted Lib Dem. I think our system is in dire need of reform.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.